Notifications
Clear all

What are the differences between acne scars and (red) marks?

MemberMember
(@noysay)

Posted : 12/23/2015 5:52 am

So I'm currently on accutane and my face is almost clear, only one pimple left.

But, every pimple that went away has left a red mark. I just don't know if they're red marks that will fade away or acne scars. What are the differences?

Those marks are taking more than usual to fade away and this is confusing me.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/23/2015 1:08 pm

Red marks are caused byinflammation in the skin. Acne scars or "pitted" scars are a result of over inflammation in pimples which leads to abnormal healing. Picture the red inflammation as acid, the longer it's present in the skin the more tissue and or fat it is eating edit:away - leading to pitted skin. I remember my doctor advocating PDL to prevent 'permanent scarring'. Some people are more predisposed to scarring. Currently,many people/experts don't know why that is.

noysay liked
MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/23/2015 1:27 pm

Scars

post-386516-0-84666400-1396070243.jpg

Red marks

acne.jpg

noysay liked
MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/24/2015 7:48 am

red marks are not scars .. once redness goes ur skin looks normal .. scars are forever (generally)

noysay liked
MemberMember
(@noysay)

Posted : 12/24/2015 12:03 pm

So, scars are those which cause "holes" in the skin, and red marks are...red marks that go away with time.

It's good to know that I have red marks and not scars,but damn, it's a long time to wait.

Thank you guys!

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/24/2015 3:35 pm

3 hours ago, noysay said:

So, scars are those which cause "holes" in the skin, and red marks are...red marks that go away with time.

It's good to know that I have red marks and not scars,but damn, it's a long time to wait.

Thank you guys!

yes ,,, and dont worry redness goes sooner or later just think bout that u didnt have scars ...

noysay liked