Notifications
Clear all

Water fasting + vitamin/Enzyme Therapy for scarring

MemberMember
(@justjon)

Posted : 12/26/2015 3:59 pm

@RobertitoPhotos don't prove anything. Photos can be edited and manipulated to prove a particular point. All you need to know is the following: 1. I am not advocating that this therapy will eliminate your scarring.

2. I am not advocating for people to try this without supervision of their doctor.

3. I am not promising a miracle.

4. Personally, I have experienced huge improvement with the redness which was waymore noticeable than the pitted scarring itself since the fast and the serrapeptase supplements reduced inflammation in my body. My scars are still there but they did smooth out quite a bit and are more blended into surrounding skin.

All you need to know is thatI am happy with these minimal results which I did not have before and I am more confident and happier with my self appearance which I was not before.

5. If I can improve the lives of others by showing them how to gain these minimal improvements and improve their health over all I have made a positive difference in their lives.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 12/26/2015 4:27 pm

4 hours ago, JustJon said:

@il90

1. Fasting is not anorexia. In nature, Animals when wounded or injured do not eat or sometimes even drink until they are healed. They do this by instinct.

2. I was taking some vitamin's during this fast. Mainly vitamin C for collagen.

3. As I have said maybe 15 times already (but everyone apparently is an illiterate so I have to repeat myself) the process of extended fasting encourages the body to recycle and scavenge damages or unnecessary tissues. It just so happens that scar tissue may be some what affected by this process and you may receive some form of improvement such as diminished redness and smoothing out of skin but it does not completely remove scars because scars are permanent.

4. There is a lot of information on this subject from Naturopathic doctors who are educated and licensed by the government to do what they do. Just because you rather pay $5000 for a laser that will melt off your face instead of fasting for a budget of under 20 dollars doesn't mean all of us share your business acumen.

5. Please go read a book, put down your cheese burgers and educate yourself before embarrassing yourself further.

If I don't eat for a monthbut I am fasting that is different from if I don't eat for a month and have anorexia? The result should be the same. Yet you say that only fasting will take away your scars but not if you do the exact same thing but under another name?

It is not that we are illiterate it is that you don't seem to understand that without any real empirical evidence what you're saying is essentially bullshit. Where do you get this stuff? Naturopathic doctors say a lot, most of them are definitely not educated or not by real 'education' as we see it from the rational side of things.

The thing is you keep saying statements but then fail to back anything up. Why should we believe you? I mean you are just some guy that say we should starve ourselves for a month because it will heal our scars? Funny how you can take artificial vitamins... if what you are saying is true you shouldn't be able to get anything into your system because then your system would react from what little it gets through those vitamins and essentially postpone 'eating your scar tissue' as you say.

Anyways, one day you'll understand that some people say some stupid shit and people believe it because they want to believe it so badly especially people with scarring.

Laser, or other treatments, have documented scientific evidence behind them which is more than I can say for your theory.

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 12/26/2015 4:29 pm

Photos can be made up, trust my word instead! lmao

MemberMember
(@justjon)

Posted : 12/26/2015 7:50 pm

On 12/27/2015 at 3:27 AM, il90 said:

If I don't eat for a monthbut I am fasting that is different from if I don't eat for a month and have anorexia? The result should be the same.

I fasted for 8 days not a month. Even if I lasted 21 days that is only three weeks (still not a month)You are an illiterate.

Yet you say that only fasting will take away your scars but not if you do the exact same thing but under another name?

I am so sick and tired of having to retype this because no one reads my responses. Fasting cannot remove scar tissue. It can only encourage the body to possible remodel it to a more potentially aesthetically pleasing appearance.

It is not that we are illiterate it is that you don't seem to understand that without any real empirical evidence what you're saying is essentially bullshit.

You are an illiterate. You don't read my full responses and choose not to do your own research. Even if I did present you with scientific literature you would not read it and stillcall me a fraud.

Where do you get this stuff? Naturopathic doctors say a lot, most of them are definitely not educated or not by real 'education' as we see it from the rational side of things.

Again you clearly have no understanding of the regulations that are imposed on Naturopathic doctors and how they are required to be licensed (requires a background pre-mededucation) and carry liability insurance by the government. Why dont you sit this one out and learn about how the real world works?

The thing is you keep saying statements but then fail to back anything up. Why should we believe you? I mean you are just some guy that say we should starve ourselves for a month because it will heal our scars?

I never promised a miracle cure and I never advocated this treatment. I personally did this for 8 days (not a month) but because you are an illiterate you completely missed my thesis. My scar redness improved tremendously after a 8 day water/dry fast with minimal improvement regarding texture. I regret not going longer.

Funny how you can take artificial vitamins... if what you are saying is true you shouldn't be able to get anything into your system because then your system would react from what little it gets through those vitamins and essentially postpone 'eating your scar tissue' as you say.

Taking vitamins doesnt provide your body with calories or carbs of any kind. Your digestive tract will still de-activate after four days of not eating, with or without the vitamins, which allows your body to divert energy for other biological processes.

Anyways, one day you'll understand that some people say some stupid shit and people believe it because they want to believe it so badly especially people with scarring.

I do agree that there is a lot of stupidity on this site. My credibility was never in question because I never advocated this treatment like the majority of the losers here do on day 1 of any therapy they tried. I fasted for 8 days and I did receive some improvement. Is it a miracle? No, but it did happen and I appreciate improvement of any kind.

Laser, or other treatments, have documented scientific evidence behind them which is more than I can say for your theory.

If you actually go on RealSelf.com or readthe reviews on this website, provided by other members, regarding lasers there is actually a very low success rate with lasers with alot of people claiming they were worse off than before. As for scientific evidence, which I have read several documents available online, it only gets confusing as several papers contradict each other in regards to the efficacy of the lasers. Not very promising.

You have been on this website for quite some time and produced over 200 posts on several threads. Why dont you tell people how conventional dermatology methods have improved your skin condition or scarring better than my 8 days of water/dry fasting? I suggest you go read a book and stop embarrassing yourself.

On 12/27/2015 at 3:29 AM, FriskyCreek said:

Photos can be made up, trust my word instead! lmao

Bud, Here is my facebook page [removed] and my LinkedIn profile [removed]. Do you really think that a person like me who owns a company and has a lot of things going on in his life has a hidden motive to lie to you in regards to this matter?

I am simply sharing my experiences. Take it as you will but dont accuse me of dishonesty of any kind.

Go pay your dermatologist top dollar for a treatment that will possibly give you thesame results as my fast and tell everyone how smart you are.

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 12/26/2015 9:12 pm

On 12/27/2015 at 6:50 AM, JustJon said:

Bud, Here is my facebook page [removed] and my LinkedIn profile [removed] . Do you really think that a person like me who owns a company and has a lot of things going on in his life has a hidden motive to lie to you in regards to this matter?

I am simply sharing my experiences. Take it as you will but dont accuse me of dishonesty of any kind.

Go pay your dermatologist top dollar for a treatment that will possibly give you thesame results as my fast and tell everyone how smart you are.

What does your Facebook and LinkedIn pages have to do with anything?Oh, I guess since you have a registered company that means you are a totally honest and reasonable person. You claim to be honest yet you won't take any pictures of your progress. You say pictures can be manipulated, but what reason would you have to alter them? I don't understand your reasoning at all.

The fact that you believe fasting for a while will give similar results to actual treatments with scientific backup almost makes it hard to take anything you say seriously. Perhaps you could try to explain the history behind your hypothesis? What made you believe that this would work from the start? Maybe that would shed some light on the credibility of your claims.Here's a useful link, I recommend that you read it.

MemberMember
(@justjon)

Posted : 12/26/2015 9:50 pm

On 12/27/2015 at 8:12 AM, FriskyCreek said:

Perhaps you could try to explain the history behind your hypothesis? What made you believe that this would work from the start?

If you actually did the research yourself and read what I have posted (several times already) you would have figured it out.

Because you are clearly incompetent like most of the naysayers here I will be doing you a huge favor and doing this work for you.

This here is a link to an article written by Dr. Leslie White who is a Licensed and Insured Naturopath. Why is she licensed and with a medical degree? Because the government can charge her with medical fraud and impersonating a doctor if she does not have the qualifications REQUIRED BY LAW. The article discusses the range of conditions a fast can address for the human body including skin conditions. I am getting tired of repeating myself.

[removed]

Here is a quick video by health Guru Tyler Tolman (NOT A NATUROPATH)who shares his personal experiences as well as the experiences of his clients in regards to scar tissue remodelling through fasting. If you were competent to begin with you would have found these sources without me having to rebutt you and embarrass you for the community to see how much of a schill you are.

You claim to be honest yet you won't take any pictures of your progress. You say pictures can be manipulated, but what reason would you have to alter them? I don't understand your reasoning at all.

I have no financial interest in selling any sort of therapy as I am in the construction business not in skin care. Would it make a difference if I showed pictures over the internet that could have been possibly manipulated? It makes no difference to the community.I choose not to give you any close ups for my own personal privacy reasons. Interpret it as you will

Maybe that would shed some light on the credibility of your claims.Here's a useful link, I recommend that you read it.

Its funny how you post a link regarding pseudoscience on WIKIPEDIA but you support conventional treatments that are a cash grab, noteffective and highly invasive which have no scientific proof to give consistent results.Ironically the biggest quacks and supporters of pseudo-science are the supporters of the mainstream pharmaceutical industries which makes billions of dollars treating symptoms instead of root causes.

What does your Facebook and LinkedIn pages have to do with anything?

What it has to do is proof that I am a real and genuine person who is not hiding behind a fake screen name and that my business is no way shape or form has to do with promoting a particular medical treatment or therapy for any medical or naturopathic clinic of any kind.

Please read a book and educate yourself on this subject because I sure as hell as getting tired having to do the research for you that proves that fasting reduces inflammation(reduces red marks), improves healing and treats skin conditions as well as a whole range of health issues. Trust me I dont really feel good about myself having to callpeople illiterate and academically incompetent.

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 12/26/2015 10:54 pm

You shouldn't use words like "academically" when you don't even understand that the person who makes a claim is the one who should provide his/her sources. When you write academic papers do you tell your professors to just look the sources up themselves?

I read the article you linked, it says nothing about fasting working for scarring (inflammation isn't scarring). I'm not very interested in what Tyler Tolman has to say because his claims arenot backed by science either (I went to his website). Wikipedia does link to its sources and while it's not where you go for real research, it can help you understand the basic meaning of certain things, i.e. pseudoscience.

Let me make myself clear, I support methods that have scientific backup. I'm not a fan of lasers and I probably share your opinion that they are overmarketed.Here are some studies if you want to take a look.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4295858/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

Your Facebook profile does not prove you are a "genuine" person. Anyone can open a Facebook account, so I don't get what you're trying to say. You don't think there's bad guys out there that has Facebook or LinkedIn?

I don't believe you are trying to promote this for your own personal gain. Maybe you believe in this method, but others here want some actual proof that it works and even genuine people have to provide that. What you provided is far from what anyone that is an advocate of science would deem as proof.

Be glad that people don't take everything you say for granted. Do you really think it's that weird that I ask for some scientificreassurance? Read my post a couple of times before you go back to calling me incompetent, a loser, or whatever you prefer.

MemberMember
(@justjon)

Posted : 12/27/2015 2:56 am

3 hours ago, FriskyCreek said:

I read the article you linked, it says nothing about fasting working for scarring (inflammation isn't scarring). I'm not very interested in what Tyler Tolman has to say because his claims arenot backed by science either (I went to his website). Wikipedia does link to its sources and while it's not where you go for real research, it can help you understand the basic meaning of certain things, i.e. pseudoscience.

You are a big supporter of subcision which is a method that does not have consistent results that can be easily mass produced or tested. Does that make subcision apseudoscience like fasting?

Yes I have glanced at such studies. The only actual over all effective treatment mentioned is dermarolling. Which is the whole concept of collagen remodelling the exact same concept as your body entering autolysis and remodelling damaged or unnecessary tissues such as scars. However no treatment can truly remove scars because SCARS ARE PERMANENT. You can only remodel them and autolysis induced by a fast can give you potentially quicker results than dermarolling although I could see a combination being effective.

I read the article you linked, it says nothing about fasting working for scarring (inflammation isn't scarring).

A Lot of people on this site suffer from red marks that even after years do not subside. Whether it is pigmentation or erythema the redness does make scars look more noticeable. Conventional treatments for red marks is lasers which may or may not help or worsen the condition. Scars also have an inflammation phase which can be prolonged for a period of years. Fasting removes inflammation from the body. I have had red marks which have lasted months fade away to skin color which has made my scars look less noticeable. I STILL HAVE SCARS BUT THE REDUCTION IN INFLAMMATION HAS MADE THEM SIGNIFICANTLY LESS NOTICEABLE.The article did say that fasting improves the body's ability to heal itself which would affect how scar tissue can potentially be remodelled to a particular degree during autolysis.

Be glad that people don't take everything you say for granted. Do you really think it's that weird that I ask for some scientificreassurance? Read my post a couple of times before you go back to calling me incompetent, a loser, or whatever you prefer.

I am sorry if you got offended but you are a loser and incompetent and you are not trying hard enough to find resources to help yourself understand my method better. How is my attempts to share a perspective on a particular theory affecting your quality of life? If my perspective can inspire someone to fast for a reasonable period of time (lets say 10 days), reduce inflammation, eat healthier after and have some form of improvement on their scar color/texture at no cost than I have succeeded in helping someone improve their quality of life. Fasting improves the body's healing capacity so a person who fasts two weeks before a laser or subcision would benefit from reduced down time and a better healing response overall.

Unfortunately most people forsake the power of the natural healing powers of the body and mind because biological healing processes like autolysis are intangible and cannot be tested to the same degree like a laser or a treatment like subcision therefore it isdisregarded so all the chumps line up to pay their dermatologist top dollar to give them toxic pills and ineffective treatments on the basis that on some "clinical trial" there was some limited degree of success in a control group setting.

Also keep in mind that Pharmaceutical companies can patent toxic drugs, laser manufactures can patent their machines, and surgeons make a lot of money from their surgeriesso it is quite evident that their is a monetary interest in keeping people depend on "cures" and "treatments"that are monopolized and make someone rich.

A biological process like autolysis is a gift from nature which cannot be patented because you cannot patent god's gifts to us. Is autolysis for scar remodelling as effective as surgery or a laser? I cannot answer that. But I could tell you that a surgery or a laser treatment costs a lot of money and autolysis does not and may provide similar results.

THE METHOD OF FASTING MAY OR MAY NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE, BUT WOULD IT REALLY HURT FOR PEOPLE TO TRY THIS, EVEN FOR A 1,5 WEEKS,BEFORE THEY SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON TREATMENTS THAT MAY NOT HELP OR EVEN WORSEN THEIR CONDITION?

BY TRYING TO DISCREDIT THIS METHOD AS INEFFECTIVE AND WRITING OFF MY MINOR IMPROVEMENTS, DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST FROM THE SCIENCE COMMUNITY WHICH IS CLEARLY OUT TO MAKE A BUCK, ARE YOU BEING ETHICAL? WHAT IF IT IS TRUE, AND BY TRYING TO DISCREDIT THIS METHOD YOU ARE POSSIBLY PREVENTING SOMEONE FROM ACHIEVING THE SAME SATISFACTORY RESULTS I ACHIEVED?

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 12/27/2015 7:51 am

12 hours ago, JustJon said:

I fasted for 8 days not a month. Even if I lasted 21 days that is only three weeks (still not a month)You are an illiterate.

a.Unabletoreadandwrite.
b.Havinglittleornoformaleducation.

Do you understand what illiterate is? Rounding up 3 weeks to 4 weeks does not fall into this category.

You are responsible to prove your thesis with genuine academic sources. That is how this works. That is not my responsibility.This is what eduction teaches us so if you are arguing that I am illiterate then I can very well argue the same about you.

"Again you clearly have no understanding of the regulations that are imposed on Naturopathic doctors and how they are required to be licensed (requires a background pre-mededucation) and carry liability insurance by the government. Why dont you sit this one out and learn about how the real world works?"

- Actually I have a naturopathic/medical GP but she would never recommend something like this. Because the ones that are really educated believes this is irresponsible and possibly dangerous depending for how long you go.

"Taking vitamins doesn't [sic] provide your body with calories or carbs of any kind. Your digestive tract will still de-activate after four days of not eating, with or without the vitamins, which allows your body to divert energy for other biological processes."

- Are you a biologist? Where does this information come from? The problem with how you speak is that everything you say 'just is' without any real evidence.

"I do agree that there is a lot of stupidity on this site. My credibility was never in question because I never advocated this treatment like the majority of the losers here do on day 1 of any therapy they tried. I fasted for 8 days and I did receive some improvement. Is it a miracle? No, but it did happen and I appreciate improvement of any kind."

- Yes 8 days is such an improvement from 1 day.

"If you actually go on RealSelf.com or readthe reviews on this website, provided by other members, regarding lasers there is actually a very low success rate with lasers with alot of people claiming they were worse off than before. As for scientific evidence, which I have read several documents available online, it only gets confusing as several papers contradict each other in regards to the efficacy of the lasers. Not very promising."

- the issue with you is that you seem to see something on the internet and then you think that must be true. I haven't said that lasers might be the best thing but at least they have scientific research behind them. That is the only thing I said. Further, although I have to agree that lasers might not be the best form of scarring treatment these people on RealSelf are actually a very small percentage of people. People who do see improvements do not come on RealSelf to say so, they simple go on with their lives. So, there is no way to fully know by looking around on RealSelf. I feel like you do this on a lot of things. For instance, aGuru - the one you presented - does not have any real education to make such a claim thus it is unsound.

"You have been on this website for quite some time and produced over 200 posts on several threads. Why dont you tell people how conventional dermatology methods have improved your skin condition or scarring better than my 8 days of water/dry fasting? I suggest you go read a book and stop embarrassing yourself."

- The only one who is embarrassing himself is you.

"Go pay your dermatologist top dollar for a treatment that will possibly give you thesame results as my fast and tell everyone how smart you are."

The last thing I would like to point out is that you do admit that the only thing you experienced was decrease in redness, not in texture. Then you go on to mock anyone that go to a dermatologistto get help with their scarring. But, you still have scarring, despite not eating for 8 days, so why would anyone listen to you?

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 12/27/2015 8:07 am

5 hours ago, JustJon said:

THE METHOD OF FASTING MAY OR MAY NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE, BUT WOULD IT REALLY HURT FOR PEOPLE TO TRY THIS, EVEN FOR A 1,5 WEEKS,BEFORE THEY SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON TREATMENTS THAT MAY NOT HELP OR EVEN WORSEN THEIR CONDITION?

BY TRYING TO DISCREDIT THIS METHOD AS INEFFECTIVE AND WRITING OFF MY MINOR IMPROVEMENTS, DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST FROM THE SCIENCE COMMUNITY WHICH IS CLEARLY OUT TO MAKE A BUCK, ARE YOU BEING ETHICAL? WHAT IF IT IS TRUE, AND BY TRYING TO DISCREDIT THIS METHOD YOU ARE POSSIBLY PREVENTING SOMEONE FROM ACHIEVING THE SAME SATISFACTORY RESULTS I ACHIEVED?

Who the fuck has time to fast for 1.5 weeks? Most have school/work (if not both) along with friends/family and a ton of other things everyday. Who can go 1.5 weeks on top of that with no food?! Are you nuts. That is a huge commitment. If I disregard the lack of scientific evidence and dangers involved (especially someone that might have other health issues) it will still be incredibly hard to do.

I find your "would it really hurt people to try this"infuriating. I see so many of you who do the same with people with acne, "stop eating this food group and this" "oh, why won't you try eating raw liver for a couple of weeks?" "oh you need to remove fruits, certain vegetables, red meat, grains, beans, coffee..." "oh have you tried not eating altogether? Perhaps it will work for your case."

I, for one, is very happy we have rational doctors who might not always be right but doesn't say something like "why don't you just try" with something like this without getting enough empirical evidence backing it up.

MemberMember
(@justjon)

Posted : 12/27/2015 10:42 am

2 hours ago, il90 said:

Who the fuck has time to fast for 1.5 weeks?

If you have time do it. If you dont make time.

2 hours ago, il90 said:

Most have school/work (if not both) along with friends/family and a ton of other things everyday.

I am a law student, an athlete, business owner, I spend time with my family and friends. Just because you have a losing attitude and you embrace mediocrity doesnt mean others share your ideals. When you decide to be a winner like me maybe your life will improve.

2 hours ago, il90 said:

I, for one, is very happy we have rational doctors who might not always be right but doesn't say something like "why don't you just try" with something like this without getting enough empirical evidence backing it up.

Why dont you tell the community here how conventional therapy has enriched your life and alleviated your skin condition (if it even did) on a non for profit basis? Oh wait. It didnt.

2 hours ago, il90 said:

You are responsible to prove your thesis with genuine academic sources. That is how this works. That is not my responsibility.This is what eduction teaches us so if you are arguing that I am illiterate then I can very well argue the same about you.

I actually read what you write and rebut your comments with logic and expert opinions. Sure Not all natropaths agree on a certain subject but neither do doctors, researchers and even scientific peer reviewed articles. The truth is that no one can know 100% what will work but relying on the main stream sources of information will get you no where.

2 hours ago, il90 said:

Are you a biologist? Where does this information come from? The problem with how you speak is that everything you say 'just is' without any real evidence.

Im not a biologist. Simply educated and not an idiot. Vitamins do not contain carbohydrates such as glucose which your body can convert into energy. Look at the nutrition label on vitamins... 0 calories, 0 Carbohydrates... ya illiterate.

2 hours ago, il90 said:

- the issue with you is that you seem to see something on the internet and then you think that must be true. I haven't said that lasers might be the best thing but at least they have scientific research behind them. That is the only thing I said. Further, although I have to agree that lasers might not be the best form of scarring treatment these people on RealSelf are actually a very small percentage of people. People who do see improvements do not come on RealSelf to say so, they simple go on with their lives. So, there is no way to fully know by looking around on RealSelf. I feel like you do this on a lot of things. For instance, aGuru - the one you presented - does not have any real education to make such a claim thus it is unsound.

The issue here is that there is a lot of forums other than real self including this site where people voice their disconcern. Some people are so depressed from the results they choose not to even report it. Also consider that laser therapy has been going on for years and only in the last 7 or so years there have been public forums for people to discuss the unmentioned side affects of lasers that doctors refuse to tell us or deny exist. You mention scientific research yet the outcomes of the results keep on changing and contradicting each other which makes laser therapy a pseudoscience because researchers are unable to produce long term and consistent results on a mass scale.

2 hours ago, il90 said:

The last thing I would like to point out is that you do admit that the only thing you experienced was decrease in redness, not in texture. Then you go on to mock anyone that go to a dermatologistto get help with their scarring. But, you still have scarring, despite not eating for 8 days, so why would anyone listen to you?

Because you are an illiterate and clearly incompetent to read my full responses you have missed the fact that I have said multiple times that scarring is permanent. I have never said my scars disappeared but that they have blended better into the skin because the redness which I have had for years and months subsided and some of the scars DID have textural improvement. DID I REMOVE MY SCARS? OF COURSE NOT. SCARRING IS PERMANENT BUT I HAVE MADE THEM LESS NOTICEABLE AND BLENDED INTO REGULAR SKIN.

2 hours ago, il90 said:

The only one who is embarrassing himself is you.

I am so embarrassed that I improved my scarring. Oh god help me. Please let me go hide in shame and dismay so I can keep on winning in life.

I am so sick and tired of having to copy and paste my responses because illiterates like you either ignore my postsor only partially read it before trying to rebut me.

2 hours ago, il90 said:

Actually I have a naturopathic/medical GP but she would never recommend something like this. Because the ones that are really educated believes this is irresponsible and possibly dangerous depending for how long you go.

Oh you have a naturopath now eh? I thought you said Naturopath's were loony bins and not licensed/regulated. I also highly doubt that your naturopath (assuming she is real) would tell you that fasting in general is dangerous when it is something ingrained to us in our evolutionary history on this planet.

MemberMember
(@justjon)

Posted : 12/27/2015 11:00 am

The biggest joke out there is that most people love reading about others failing as opposed to people succeeding and getting results.

The whole belief that we tell ourselves the only way to improve scarring is to pay a lot of money for treatments that may or may not work is ridiculous. Consider the placebo effect with sugar pills that were disguised as medication. The participants of the study who took the sugar pills believing it was medicine experienced an improve mood and an overall improvement of their illness. Our bodies are amazing machines that can heal themselves if you give it the right fuel, exercise and beliefs that it can heal.

When I was a 6 years olda pot of boiling water fell on my stomache and I sustained a large severe second degree burns that resulted in scarring.I was raised on a healthy diet and my parents encouraged me to participate in a healthy life style. Also as a child I was not as aware on the aesthetic implications of the burn scar on my stomach and the thought never entered my mind.

Today the scar (which is still there) has disappeared from sight a long time agoand cannot be seen in broad day light. I have no shirt in my profile pic. My scar is suppose to bewhere my six pack is but no one and not even me can see it.

The reason I succeed where others fail is because I believe in myself, I know what I want and I know how to get results.

At age 17 I was already responsible enough to move out while I was still in high school.At age 18 I was already studying law among the elderly and having a 3.3/4.0 gpa while working a full time job.At age 19 I entered the trades and learned in 6 months what takes some carpenters years to learn. At age 20I started a carpentry business employing others. At age 21 I was able to have things that most people my own age could not afford like an expensive car, nice clothes and going to nice establishments. Am I better than other people?ABSOLUTELY NOT! BUT WHAT SEPARATES ME FROM THE PACK IS THAT I HAVE THE BELIEF THAT I WILL SUCCEED IN EVERYTHING I DO WHILE OTHERS JUST DROWN IN NEGATIVITY, BRING OTHERS DOWN AND TRY TO DISCREDIT THE SUCCESS OF THOSE WHO ATTAINED IT.

MemberMember
(@thebowkid)

Posted : 12/27/2015 3:09 pm

JustJon. Most people are never willing to take the risk or experience new things that break the paradigm. I trust that you have no reason to be trolling on this boards and are just giving your input on this existing method. I wish I could try it, but that should be on a later date. I truly believe fasting is useful for helping the body focus on other task better when not being put under the stress of the digestive process. I have being practicing intermittent fasting for the last 3 months the (16/8) way and can say that my mornings have been a lot more productive.

What worries me about extended periods of fasting are muscle loss and general fatigue throughout the journey. Could you confirm that any weight you loss was more fat than muscle?

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 12/27/2015 4:29 pm

5 hours ago, JustJon said:

DID I REMOVE MY SCARS? OF COURSE NOT. SCARRING IS PERMANENT BUT I HAVE MADE THEM LESS NOTICEABLE AND BLENDED INTO REGULAR SKIN.

I am so embarrassed that I improved my scarring. Oh god help me. Please let me go hide in shame and dismay so I can keep on winning in life.

I am so sick and tired of having to copy and paste my responses because illiterates like you either ignore my postsor only partially read it before trying to rebut me.

Oh you have a naturopath now eh? I thought you said Naturopath's were loony bins and not licensed/regulated. I also highly doubt that your naturopath (assuming she is real) would tell you that fasting in general is dangerous when it is something ingrained to us in our evolutionary history on this planet.

No I will not make time to starve myself for 4 weeks, and not doing that does not at all make me unsuccessful. Tbh, I have no interest in telling you how much I have accomplished in life. I don't really give a fuck what you think about me.

The fact is you keep repeating that no one understands what you have said but you do this exact same thing. You keep ignoring the call for real evidence to back up what you are saying, you can't even produce photos.

My god you are a really angry person, I really hope you improved/made-less-noticeableyou scarring because you will need it.

MemberMember
(@justjon)

Posted : 12/27/2015 7:29 pm

4 hours ago, TheBowKid said:

JustJon. Most people are never willing to take the risk or experience new things that break the paradigm. I trust that you have no reason to be trolling on this boards and are just giving your input on this existing method. I wish I could try it, but that should be on a later date. I truly believe fasting is useful for helping the body focus on other task better when not being put under the stress of the digestive process. I have being practicing intermittent fasting for the last 3 months the (16/8) way and can say that my mornings have been a lot more productive.

What worries me about extended periods of fasting are muscle loss and general fatigue throughout the journey. Could you confirm that any weight you loss was more fat than muscle?

I only did this for 8 days. I lost 3 kg of mostly water weight and some fat on my cheeks which made my cheekbones more pronounced. My muscle was not affected whatsoever due to the fact that the body will break down fat, toxins, water weight and glucose energy reserves before it will begin to scavenge muscle. The only time you will lose muscle is if you actually starve yourself and believe me I was nowhere close to starving.

In my entries I wrote that my energy levels greatly fluctuated throughout the fast from low to very high. I was also requiring less sleep but my sleep cycle got really messed up.

3 hours ago, il90 said:

No I will not make time to starve myself for 4 weeks, and not doing that does not at all make me unsuccessful.

You will not even make the time to fast for 1 day because you are weak and have no self control. That doesn't make you unsuccessful. What makes you unsuccessful is your weakness and lack of work ethic that will bleed into everything else in your life because you have no discipline.

3 hours ago, il90 said:

The fact is you keep repeating that no one understands what you have said but you do this exact same thing

Its not that no one understands what I have said,its that you are all suckers who will pay top dollar for ineffective treatments because your dermatologist has a degree or whatever that allows him to operate a non for profit *sarcasm* clinic. Its the exact same reason people pay personal trainers at the gym top dollar instead of working out for free is because if they don't pay they feel they will not be obligated to help themselves.

3 hours ago, il90 said:

You keep ignoring the call for real evidence to back up what you are saying, you can't even produce photos.

How about you send me some pics on any improvement from your dermatological treatments. You wont because you received little to no improvement for the time and money you spent with your doctor/derm or anorexia therapist.

3 hours ago, il90 said:

My god you are a really angry person, I really hope you improved/made-less-noticeableyou scarring because you will need it.

I am not angry. Simply passionate on helping others. No need to hope for me because I already attained the results I wanted and I am happy. I only wish for others to be the same. Now if you'd be so kind to leave my thread so those who are serious on learning more about this therapy can have the chance to help themselves withoutshillslike you making them believe that only expensive conventional methods can aid theirskin conditions.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 12/28/2015 12:14 am

it's stupid to think that the body cannot heal itself

do you really think there will bestudies done on how to fix scarring naturally without be motivated by profit?

props to OP for trying something. heck, we are our own studies

no one really gives a shit about you or your scarring, unless by chance, you meet a doctor who really wants to help you, instead of seeing how much he/she can milk from you

you are your best doctor

considering there are things in science left to be discovered, and since there are so many variables, who knows, fasting combined with other things may improve scarring or may not, being left untried doesn't help

fasting is not abnormal.

the body is an amazing thing, don't underestimate it

I can bet that some types of fasting combined with subcision/dermarolling wil give great results

MemberMember
(@justjon)

Posted : 12/28/2015 4:28 am

I just want to put it out there again... as I have mentioned earlier in this thread,that if you are fasting for over 2 daysyou shouldn't be behind the wheel driving. Personally I was doing it but it was only drivinglocally 2 km and I was not driving on major high ways.

MemberMember
(@justjon)

Posted : 12/30/2015 1:47 am

Just want to remind everyone to try Sea buckthorn seed oil for red marks. It won't fill in indents but it can smooth them out. Primarily I have been having great success using it to fade stubborn red marks that were left over after the fast. My brand is from Sibu. It cost me under $15 online @ amazon and it was shipped in two days!

Before using sea buckthorn seed oil I have tried coconut oil, rosehip oil, tamunu oil, emu oil, olive oil, castor oil and a variety of essential oils and none of them have worked anywhere as good or fast as the sea buckthorn seed oil in reducinginflammation, redness, irritation and healing.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/30/2015 2:32 am

A point needs to be made. Scarring is not a condition that can be healed. It can be improved, camouflaged, or blended to make it look less noticeable to an observer. Scarring IS the body's way of healing. When you get a cut or a wound, the body's job is to heal it as quickly as possible. It has no regard for whether or not the scar will look aesthetically pleasing. It doesn't care about that. The idea that scars can be healed as a premise is a fallacy. All of the current treatments for scars do not replace the scars with new unscarred skin, they only replace it with a more aesthetic looking scar by blending, flattening, or leveling off depressions.

Actually, there is one point that you made that I actually (sort of) agree with. Some of the more effective treatments for scarring do not have to extremely expensive, namely TCA Cross, Subcision + suction, dermaroller.

MemberMember
(@justjon)

Posted : 12/30/2015 2:46 pm

12 hours ago, blahblah82 said:

Scarring is not a condition that can be healed.

This point was taken into account several times. If you read all my posts you can easily find that I have mentioned multiple times that all scar tissue is permanent.

It can be improved, camouflaged, or blended to make it look less noticeable to an observer.

This point was also taken into account. If you read the entire thread this is mentioned at least 10 times.

It has no regard for whether or not the scar will look aesthetically pleasing.

This is true, as the main intention of the body is to patch up the damage however certain methods whether alternative or conventional may manipulate the tissue into organizing the collagen fibers into a more aesthetically pleasing pattern or simply fading a mark to regular skin color.

The idea that scars can be healed as a premise is a fallacy.

My stomach second degree burn scar has healed and faded to such a degree that it cannot even be seen in broad daylight by me or anyone else. I guess I am an exception to the rule.

All of the current treatments for scars do not replace the scars with new unscarred skin, they only replace it with a more aesthetic looking scar by blending, flattening, or leveling off depressions.

Agreed, scar tissue once it is formed is permanent. While some treatments may improve its appearance it is important to note that not all treatments are equal and some treatments may actually worsen/widen the scar or cause no improvement.

Some of the more effective treatments for scarring do not have to extremely expensive, namely TCA Cross, Subcision + suction, dermaroller.

When putting acids or a knife on your face I would leave it to a professional. This can cost money. Dermarolling can be done at home but it can have a down time for fair skinned people like me of about 5-7 days so it's not really practical. Subcision can have a downtime of two weeks or more. Consider that subcision is essentially a surgery that causes a new scar that can take up to a year to mature. Whats wrong with 2 weeks of fasting to potentially autolyze scar tissuefor a better appearance compared to two weeks of down time for subcision that is essentially a surgery?

MemberMember
(@cast129)

Posted : 01/17/2016 10:03 pm

I'm not a big fan of this long-term (1 week+) fasting thing but here's what I will say:

Ever since I've picked up intermittent fasting (16hr fast/8 hr consumption) I have not broken out once in the last 2 months (very rare), my red marks (not scarring) have healed rather rapidly (80% reduction in about 2 months w/ no products besides basic moisturizer).

There is a science to it regarding the digestive system, hormones and what-not. Does fasting eliminate scarring? Highly doubt it. Fasting does not suddenly fill in your ice-pick marks etc.

So I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. It definitely plays a factor into hormone regulation, food consumption, digestive system factors etc. which would play a role in how well your body heals, your energy levels, your mood (don't underestimate this one), oil production, and more. Will a long 21-day fast help? I don't think so. I have no research to back this portion up, BUT I really want to believe that the human body wasn't made to go for weeks at a time w/o eating. I really doubt that depriving our body of nutrition and then supplementing with artificial vitamins is the way to go. To each their own, but that's my opinion and experience.

MemberMember
(@itsdonnagail)

Posted : 10/27/2018 9:21 pm

I know this post was from years ago...but I wish I'd seen it then I have so much encouragement to add to what turned into almost a barroom brawl. LOL You guys are a passionate bunch!!!

I've been water fasting and dry fasting for YEARS and it has helped me through so many major medical conditions from diabetes to cancer. I'm still kicking. Even though everyone in my father's biological family was dead by 52 from massive heart attacks. (I'm 56). Fasting is very different from starvation or anorexia because when you go on a starvation diet or are anorexic (I've been both), you eat small amounts of food and never enter the protective state of ketosis that is what allows fasting to heal you and autophagy (self-eating) to occur. Your muscles are actually quite protected in the keto-state, and you will burn tons of fat. The longest I've gone is 35 days on water alone - and I lost 55 pounds and looked 15 years younger when it was over. I also completely healed my diabetes and recurrent yeast and bacterial infections. I also greatly diminished not only my acne scars but also a scar I have on my leg from a burn when I was a toddler. I am kind of attached to that scar - since I grew up with it and it's a really cool scar - so I was sad it almost went away completely during that long fast. I wish justjon had just continued his fast and seen what a long fast might have done. BTW Jon, taking vitamins doesn't stop ketosis or ruin your fast, but any antioxidants can slow down or even stop the autophagy process that might have diminished your scarring. Try water only if you can manage it. Electrolytes like magnesium, sodium and potassium if you need them. Seek a doctor's supervision before fasting and during fasting. My doctor wasn't a naturopath but she was knowledgeable about fasting and very supportive. Google Dr. Jason Fung's research on fasting and there's a huge (40,000+) support group for fasters on Facebook where I find tons of support and information. I've been a binge eater all my life - bulimic, anorexic and everything in between. Fasting allows my body to recover from the damage I've done to it. I wish I could say I kept off the 55 pounds, but I've regained and lost it several times over, because I can't stop doing things like eating 4 cheeseburgers in one sitting when I get upset. I have an eating disorder. But fasting is the first thing I found that could actually heal the damage I did to myself over the years. The second thing I've found to help myself is eating TONS of veggies and healthy fats with moderate protein (usually sardines and wild salmon) and getting rid of sugar and grain. As for my own acne scarring, it's so much better now, but I still have a couple of pits I can't get rid of and they drive me crazy. Sometimes I just want to take sandpaper to my face. But I remind myself it used to be so much worse and I focus on gratitude. Have you guys found anything for pits?