Notifications
Clear all

Post Subcision Results w/Picture

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 04/15/2016 7:26 pm

hey so i saw dr morganroth today i thought he was going to be polite and cheerful turns out hes very serious and straight to the point he made it clear they will never go away and he almost even told the nurse in there to shut up. he said i have mostly ice pick scars with a few rolling/boxcar. he said he specializes in subcsion and can do it for me and can do TCA for my ice pick scars but he doesnt do tca often and that tca is much more dangerous as far as permanent pigmentation... i made an appt on wednesday to go see him again ..if you want you can follow my page for results.

18 hours ago, Kazalea said:

I guess my best tips are to remember that all of us have different skin that will respond differently to the subcision. I expected bruising and swelling, but I had very little of either; instead, I got a scab at every needle insertion point that left me with hyper pigmentation for about a month. Everyone was saying bruising is good, so I was worried, but the nurse said my results were great. The iPhone pictures aren't perfect depictions because that's only in one light looking almost directly at the scars. It does show the difference in improvement, though, and I wouldn't consider it microswelling. Sometimes I forget how much it's improved because the most unforgiving light and angles will still clearly show all the scars, but in familiar lighting (like my bedroom where I get ready every morning), I remember how deep some of the scars looked when I was doing my makeup before, and now I have a hard time finding some of them. There is definite improvement, and I wouldn't keep paying the money for it if I didn't see it making a big difference. They will never be GONE, and Dr. Morganroth will tell you that, but they can be improved to the point where you don't feel like they need to take over your life. I am open to fillers in the future, as he suggested them before I did any subcisions. Once you get some improvement, you want to go for more - that's just how it goes, I guess.

hey so i saw dr morganroth today i thought he was going to be polite and cheerful turns out hes very serious and straight to the point he made it clear they will never go away and he almost even told the nurse in there to shut up. he said i have mostly ice pick scars with a few rolling/boxcar. he said he specializes in subcsion and can do it for me and can do TCA for my ice pick scars but he doesnt do tca often and that tca is much more dangerous as far as permanent pigmentation... i made an appt on wednesday to go see him again ..if you want you can follow my page for results.

also, what time and day are you going next month? i have an appt on wednesday but also next month so i might see you lol

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 04/16/2016 3:47 pm

20 hours ago, ScarFace6556 said:

Many doctors are very straight to the point, a quality I appreciate in that setting. He is honest and talented and doesn't beat around the bush. Ive seen pictures you've posted, and I think based on your minimal scarring and how you react to it emotionally, one subcision with him will not satisfy you. Subcision takes multiple procedures and time to heal. If he said your scars are mostly ice pick, I think you'd be better off seeing a doctor who is more familiar with treating ice pick scarring and TCA treatments. He even said himself, he treats rolling scars the best, and you have very few, and his treatments are expensive. I've seen other patients of his on websites such as real self be unsatisfied with subcision, but their scars were minimal to begin with. My scarring is more significant than yours, and I am realistic about results. He is correct, scarring can never be erased, only improved. He is just giving you realistic expectations.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 04/16/2016 3:58 pm

7 minutes ago, Kazalea said:
20 hours ago, ScarFace6556 said:

Many doctors are very straight to the point, a quality I appreciate in that setting. He is honest and talented and doesn't beat around the bush. Ive seen pictures you've posted, and I think based on your minimal scarring and how you react to it emotionally, one subcision with him will not satisfy you. Subcision takes multiple procedures and time to heal. If he said your scars are mostly ice pick, I think you'd be better off seeing a doctor who is more familiar with treating ice pick scarring and TCA treatments. He even said himself, he treats rolling scars the best, and you have very few, and his treatments are expensive. I've seen other patients of his on websites such as real self be unsatisfied with subcision, but their scars were minimal to begin with. My scarring is more significant than yours, and I am realistic about results. He is correct, scarring can never be erased, only improved. He is just giving you realistic expectations.

yeah i know i just dont know anyone that knows how to use tca effectively . he told me his scarring is actually worse than mine . im gonna pay him 600 buvks to work on 10 scars. i just hate my scars they make me feel so ugly he told me 50 percent is realistic

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 04/18/2016 11:20 pm

Thank you for sharing your progress!

PS - you are gorgeous, scars or no scars.

MemberMember
(@monaco_12)

Posted : 04/21/2016 11:18 pm

Hi, congratulations on the improvement, those are definitely some great results. And thanks for sharing your experience. I happened to read your thread just before a trip to the Bay Area the other week and decided to do a consult with Dr. Morganroth due to you. I live in Colorado and have met with several doctors, some of which list subcision on their web site, but when I met them said they only wanted to do laser on me. Since I'm dark skinned and have heard enough horror stories (or just that they don't work that well), I decided not to do the laser treatments.

Anyway, I plan to have subcision done later this year with Dr. Morganroth. Can you tell me what suction device you used?

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 05/26/2016 3:52 pm

Thanks, guys! Some days are better than others, and some pictures are better than others, too. My scars are all definitely still present, just less so. As far as the suction device, at first I bought a hand held vacuum but that seemed to not be strong enough. My second subcision I used the nozzle on the regular vaccum and just put my fingers between my face and the nozzle to keep from bruising, but the suction was much stronger and I think that worked better.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/26/2016 10:13 pm

6 hours ago, Kazalea said:

Thanks, guys! Some days are better than others, and some pictures are better than others, too. My scars are all definitely still present, just less so. As far as the suction device, at first I bought a hand held vacuum but that seemed to not be strong enough. My second subcision I used the nozzle on the regular vaccum and just put my fingers between my face and the nozzle to keep from bruising, but the suction was much stronger and I think that worked better.

i was at csi in mtn view this morning for 2nd subcision i opted to go with fillers instead but changed my mind on that too as you have a really rare chance of permanent blindness which scared me to death. il be going next wednesday for 2nd subcision and first tca peel

MemberMember
(@jackalfonso)
MemberMember
(@petpeeve)

Posted : 05/30/2016 6:54 am

Pretty cool stuff! You have similar scars to mine, except mines are more numerous and extend to my cheek area. I'm ethnic as well and we have similar skin types.

I was planning on getting subsicion and I had an appointment set up for mid-June. However, I must have a black cloud hovering over my head because things happen at the worst time. Our car broke down and now we have to get a new one. It's an emergency situation and I wouldn't be able to get around without a car, much less make it to my appointment so I'm going to have to cancel. This setback is going to hurt me financially.

If and when I do get subsicion, I plan to upload my progress online. I love it when people encourage us like yourself and let us know how things are going. 

Thanks so much! :D

MemberMember
(@petpeeve)

Posted : 05/30/2016 7:15 am

@JackAlfonso

They seem pretty soft to me. I think you primarily have rolling scars and maybe a few boxscars. They look like prime candidates for subcision.

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 06/09/2016 9:06 am

Update after subcision 3:
im currently 2 weeks post my third subcision, and I can't believe how improved my skin looks. I was not expecting such a difference this time, so I'm going to wait to take pictures until I'm sure all swelling is down and the results are permanent. After the procedure, a couple of scars pretty much went right back to where they were, but this time I had quite a few hematomas (lumps) under some scars my doctor subcised, and those scars improved the most, so I really think hematomas are great to have. If you get some, don't freak out bc they go away! I will update with pictures at the one month mark :)  

mr. matt liked
MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/09/2016 10:16 am

i got my second subcision done lat week and i think i got the same lumps .. not quite sure but i had no swelling or bruising and barely heard popping noises .

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 06/09/2016 7:36 pm

Don't ice it down as hermatomas & bruising is good to have as long as possible so the skin stays level when you include the suctioning cup with it.

MemberMember
(@perkypull)

Posted : 06/09/2016 7:56 pm

10 hours ago, Kazalea said:

im currently 2 weeks post my third subcision, and I can't believe how improved my skin looks. I was not expecting such a difference this time, so I'm going to wait to take pictures until I'm sure all swelling is down and the results are permanent. After the procedure, a couple of scars pretty much went right back to where they were, but this time I had quite a few hematomas (lumps) under some scars my doctor subcised, and those scars improved the most, so I really think hematomas are great to have. If you get some, don't freak out bc they go away! I will update with pictures at the one month mark :)  

Are you using suction cups by any chance?

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 06/26/2016 2:54 am

Ok so here's a month post my (for now) final subcision. I'm super happy with the results. Some scars are nearly gone and many of them are much more shallow. The pictures on the left are before I had any subcisions, and the right pictures are after 3. On the right, I just showered so my skin is a little red and makeupless, but hopefully you can still see the difference and be inspired to try subcision if your scars bother you xo

image.jpeg

Hannahnick, Iole017, George26 and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 06/26/2016 8:40 am

Glad you are happy with the results, your skin looks great. The consistency in your pictures has been incredibly helpful, thanks for sharing your progress.

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 11/20/2016 5:12 pm

On June 9, 2016 at 7:06 AM, Kazalea said:

Hi, are you still doing suction if the scars have lumps underneath? I am going to do my subcision with the same doctor next week. Very curious!
Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 03/05/2017 11:20 am

Update:
the top 2 pictures were taken summer 2016 right before my 4th and final subcision. 
The middle pictures were taken early 2017 in the same lighting (about 5 months after my last subcision).
the bottoms pictures are just close ups of how my skin currently looks. You can see my scars are clearly still there, but they are improved from when I began my journey over a year ago. I'm still very pleased with my decision to do subcision, and every 6 weeks or so, I continue working on my scars by needling. 

IMG_1312.JPG

okmichelle, jet4523, malia02 and 4 people liked
MemberMember
(@motherofms)

Posted : 03/05/2017 1:01 pm

Fantastic results! So happy for you!! Thank you for sharing your story and great photos.

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 03/18/2018 6:43 am

Thanks for the update! What maintenance care did you do around your subcision procedures? Did you ever combine it with needling?

MemberMember
(@lollastewart)

Posted : 11/26/2018 7:48 am

On 6/26/2016 at 4:54 AM, Kazalea said:

Ok so here's a month post my (for now) final subcision. I'm super happy with the results. Some scars are nearly gone and many of them are much more shallow. The pictures on the left are before I had any subcisions, and the right pictures are after 3. On the right, I just showered so my skin is a little red and makeupless, but hopefully you can still see the difference and be inspired to try subcision if your scars bother you xo

image.jpeg

Hi Kazalea I'm impressed with your results! Just wondering if your doctor used a regular needle or nokor? 

MemberMember
(@lizzy-garcia)

Posted : 02/25/2019 1:37 am

Hi I suffered from acne scars and I have been through chemical peels PRP laser treatments in spas but I finally found a dermatologist and he is great I got my first subcision for Rolling scars I was wondering if you could let me know what suctioning means and how it can do it from my scars?

Thank you so much

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/25/2019 8:59 am

@Lizzy GarciaGoto the main sub, called"scar treatments," pinned at the top is a post called FAQ, goto the subcision section, full instructions are there. You buy a chinese cupping set owndoc.com or Amazon. I would also look into getting the derminator, which is great to microneedle between your Dr's visits at home. Who is the Dr if you don't mind me asking, can always add more who do sub, I have a list I maintain here for acne suffers in the FAQ.