Notifications
Clear all

My failed results after various treatments

MemberMember
(@kristyan)

Posted : 11/17/2015 4:12 pm

Sure why not. This is my worst cheek. My right cheek is pretty much okay and i only have one scar there but it is the biggest and the deepest(fat loss). I would post pic of that too but at the moment i dont have my fathers camera here so i cant..

P2050968.JPG

P2050966.JPG

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/17/2015 6:11 pm

On 31 oktober 2015 2323, sts54 said:

When he saw what he did he walked out of the office on me and said if I needed any more work it would cost me. I was left crying on the table and that was 8 yrs ago.

Can't you sue? Is it because we sign these things beforehand? But, generally, I would think they would at least have to try to fix the problem. This is why we should get it done in our own countries right? So, if something do go wrong, laws -protecting consumers -will force these doctors to take responsibility.

This is what I thought anyways, if this is not the case I really have to reevaluate if these procedures are really worth it... Because, why would they take it serious if they will not be accountable if something goes wrong?

MemberMember
(@user80848)

Posted : 11/17/2015 8:16 pm

@kristyan, ok a deal's a deal. I'll post by end of the week when I have a good time of day to get it at its worst.

@il90 I know I wish I can, but one would have to get a REALLY good lawyer to have any traction against these fraudsters. There were so many times I wish I could sue to get at least half my money back, but by then all the legal fees wouldn't have made a difference except towards a moral victory. I really wish some people could 'walk a mile in our shoes' just to know what it's like...maybe then they'd stop with the lies and false hopes they -more or less- promise to give you.

kristyan liked
MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 11/19/2015 11:15 am

Laser doesn't get rid of scars. Subcision with a filler possibly fat is the way to go in my opinion.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/19/2015 12:47 pm

As far as suing for malpractice, the reality is that it's a lot harder than the way it's portrayed. With malpractice lawsuits a lot of attorneys work on contingency, meaning they only make money if they win the case. This means that they will only take cases that are potentially in the 10s of thousands of dollars. They will not take a case if there is not a good chance of winning. Also, I may be wrong, but there is a very short statute of limitations for malpractice lawsuits. However there is the option of going to small claims court, but the maximum damages that you can ask for is limited to usually less than $10k. You'd also have to represent yourself in a small claims case in a lot of states, California included.

@il90, You're right to think twice about doing these very expensive procedures, because often times there's very little recourse if something goes wrong. It's like the system is stacked in favor of doctors.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/19/2015 3:28 pm

3 hours ago, blahblah82 said:

As far as suing for malpractice, the reality is that it's a lot harder than the way it's portrayed. With malpractice lawsuits a lot of attorneys work on contingency, meaning they only make money if they win the case. This means that they will only take cases that are potentially in the 10s of thousands of dollars. They will not take a case if there is not a good chance of winning. Also, I may be wrong, but there is a very short statute of limitations for malpractice lawsuits. However there is the option of going to small claims court, but the maximum damages that you can ask for is limited to usually less than $10k. You'd also have to represent yourself in a small claims case in a lot of states, California included.

@il90, You're right to think twice about doing these very expensive procedures, because often times there's very little recourse if something goes wrong. It's like the system is stacked in favor of doctors.

Can't you try for the $10k then? I feel like you have to try something! These people can't get away with it. We should create a web page that gives honest to god reviews from real people so whenever a doctor does something like this they can get red listed as a danger! See what that will do to their income. Bastards.

I live in the UK but I am Swedish. I went to a UK doctor, and I have insurance that is both Swedish and a UK one. The thing is I might have got some slightly visible hypertrophicscarring from my procedure (not really sure though yet - I'm freaking out that it might be a keloid or something equally horrifying). I would think that they will help me correct it. There are laws (at least in Sweden) against this sort of thing. If they have caused damage they have to at least do what they can to correct it. I really hope so! God I didn't know about this and it makes me really anxious.

Anyways, I will raise hell if this is actually real damage and they try to ignore me. Perhaps, I could try a different doctor that will help me with this perhaps through the Swedish system.

MemberMember
(@ambergris)

Posted : 11/20/2015 2:49 am

From that angle, the scars don't look severe. Definitely not severe enough to spend 10k.

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 11/20/2015 2:53 am

I expected your scars to be a lot worse. You said you're acne scar caused you to drop out of school, lose all friends, become unemployed, lose hope/confidence/drive etc. My scarskinda lookslike yoursand even though it took big toll in my life, it doesn't come nowhere near the toll it took on you. Damn man, acne scarf*cked you up. You have to get your life together.

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 11/20/2015 10:12 pm

@Ozay-You said a few weeks ago, you'd swap your scars for mine in a heartbeat. From those pics your scars do not look bad at all.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/22/2015 10:29 am

On 11/15/2015, 714, Ozay said:

Dudley, just curious what you hope/expect with plastic surgery regarding your scars(?). Well sht, hopefully it all goes well and we look forward to seeing those pics in the future.

PS: Living in Los Angeles, I've seen my fair share of lizard-lipped women and older gents with almost alien-like faces due to plastic surgery (Kenny Rogers comes to mind). Be careful and I truly wish you the best with the procedure.

I am much older than most of the other posters so I am also battling the effects of aging. Most of you will not deal with this for many years to come. It is not in my personality to surrender even though I have reached a point of improvement where scars are no longer my overwhelming thought. Still I am not where I think I can be. Notice that I didn't say at 100%, but I can do better. I respond the most to those whom I believe I can relate to the most, and your most recent pictures say that I can relate to you. I won't join the 'Oh they are not that bad' bandwagon because I believe I know how you are thinking. I remember when I went for Dermabrasion, and a woman asked why I was doing it, and I just looked at her and thought huh. No matter how many slogans people come up with, being different is not something that we choose to be.

User80848 liked
MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/22/2015 11:13 am

I thought it would be worse, but I also understand when you're not used to it anything feels weird. It is the whole thing of losing control. Scarring is scary, you have no control over it.

My parents even tell me they can't see my scarring, I don't know really what to believe. But, from your pictures it is clear that everyone has different ideas of scarring. From my point of view, I would never think by looking at them that you were bothered with it. So never think that people think that. You probably look great regardless. Most of them will probably also fade with time.

And, Kristyan, you have pretty good skin generally, from a normal distance you probably wouldn't even notice it.

User80848 liked
MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 11/22/2015 2:48 pm

I know we are our own worst critic, but your scarring doesn't look bad. :) I bet most women wouldn't really notice it. It definitely isn't extensive. 

My roommate has mild acne scarring, it's deep but only in a couple of areas. She's been in a 13 year relationship. 

Maybe try subcision and filler to boost your confidence. I heard that repeated subcision/filler treatments gradually improve scarring over time. When I was able to order Restylane from Canadian pharmacies it really helped my confidence. My skin wasn't super smooth but the deepest scars looked better. I've experienced fat loss from certain treatments so I will probably go the route of subcision/fat transfer, which is a heck of a lot more expensive, unfortunately. 

Be confident in yourself, try hobbies and activities that help your self-esteem. Even if I eliminated my scarring, I know that I will need to change my outlook and pursue certain avenues for success to be happy in all areas of my life. 

MemberMember
(@kristyan)

Posted : 11/22/2015 6:54 pm

Ozay I thought your scarring was much worse that that. If this is the harsh lightning then i guess in normal light your face looks completely normal.

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 11/24/2015 2:37 am

On November 22, 2015 at 204 PM, Starlite said:

Yeah I agree with you, since he already tried subcision, I think fillers will make a huge difference for the fat loss looking scar from the first picture of Ozay. I had that exact type of scar on my lower chin area, and after getting fillers done, it leveled out my skin soo nicely and it never bothered me again. It also helps erasingthose ugly scarred lines you get when you smile.It's true what you said about the confidence boost. Since the results for fillers don't fade away in a week or two, the confidence stays with you. I swear, every other scar treatment will give you false hope/confidence for two weeks and after the microswelling is gone, you lose hope and go back to being depressed. It's happened to me so many times.More people should really try fillers. I've noticedalot of angry/depressed people here have never tried fillers before. I know it has a bad rep but if you tried everything, might as well try fillers. I got permanent micro silicone droplet injected into my scars, It was my last resort and I'm glad I didn't listen to all the negative stuff about it, it was in fact the best decision I've ever made.It was the only scar treatment that gave me confidence that'll last me years instead of two freaking weeks.

TLDR: Get fillers

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 11/24/2015 11:16 pm

I need more filler in my temples, I reckon that would totally solve my problem, as the slightest bit of swelling from derma rolling, completely clears my scars.

The problem is that fillers are so expensive, I paid 600 for 1 injection of Voluma. I need way more than that but don't have the funds.

I've not looked into permanent fillers/ silicone, I really need too.

MemberMember
(@kuffy20056)

Posted : 11/25/2015 7:30 am

what is the best treatment for this 

IMG_20151123_234759-1.jpg

MemberMember
(@amy_27)

Posted : 11/27/2015 8:10 am

hi Ozay

i understand what you are going through. ive also had a long rough journey with my scars and tried everything.though people will point out that your scars are not bad at all, but we are our own biggest critic because we know our story and how it has negatively affected us. and i know why you sunk into this state of mind. i had it rough too, and this year i spent so much money on therapists and psychologists, especially after the person i loved for 3 years chooses another girl not based on character because she is mean and has an ego, but on her looks and popularity,after saying he loved me and i am the perfect person for him. this world can be so superficial and we have become trapped in this. so i know no matter how many people say its not bad, you feel like its the biggest problem. but having no self esteem gets us nowhere in life.

please dont give up on yourself, even though your finances did take a knock. im in the same boat. i tried fraxel two times in the past 5 years(like 6 sessions each) but when the second dermatologist did it my skin got burnt and i have brown marks. i tried subcisionwhich helpedonly a few scars, and tons of TCA peels which did nothing for me.

even though fillers are expensive, maybe you should give that a try as your last resort? if you can manage to save enough for it. i was going to go through the "subcision plus filler" route because it looked promising but my physician convinced me on going the VENUS VIVA RF laser route which i hope i dont regret, as i just did it yesterday and my face is still swollen and red. my mum decided to sponsor the treatment as she wants me to get better mentally and emotionally. the physician said that she wants to try the rf laser route first and if it doesnt work she will do the filler but that is extremely expensive so i have to try and make a plan with money as it is more than i thought it was. i am extremely dissapointed that i could not get the filler done, but trying to have hope. maybe research the subcision plus filler approach and look at costs as well? just dont give up on your skin, keep working at it, or even get a dermaroller while you are waiting to be okay financially.

User80848 liked
MemberMember
(@user80848)

Posted : 11/29/2015 9:10 pm

OK so I'm gonna post pics with better angles, clearly the ones I posted were tame and I'm sorry for that. Give me a week or so, I'm actually working full time again so I'll do my best when I get the chance. And maybe I will look into permanent fillers...maybe.

Just tday I noticed how bad my scars are as I got out of my car and looked at my reflection on the tinted windows. It was around sunset and it was bad. So when I post pics the next time around you will see what I'm talking about.

@Amy thanks for all your kind words. I do hope Venus Viva works for you, but from my past experiences with it I didn't see much difference once the swelling goes down. I definitely encourage you to look into fillers too, since lasers were nearly pointless in my case. Best of luck to you

MemberMember
(@azumi)

Posted : 01/08/2016 7:10 pm

Guys I need an advice. I just derma rolled yesterday (2nd session at home) I think I derma rolled unequal times on my right and left side of my face. The right side of my face is swollen(and look fatter than the other side. ) will it go back to it's normal shape ? How many days would I would I wait to remove the swelling on my face? What would I do? The shape of my face now is slightly unequal, I don't know if it's because of swelling. it's like I was punched on the right side of my face..I put ice on my face in order to lessen the redness and swelling.. advice please. I'll be waiting..