Notifications
Clear all

Just had prp/dermapen/subscision/tca cross done. Look like a chipmunk!

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/04/2015 8:17 pm

Guys this is micro-swelling still! But yes I do hope it'll turn out something like the day 5 pictures I was okay with them! Although these pictures aren't that great either, you can't see all the small indents.

But thank you, very nice words regardless..

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/04/2015 9:22 pm

Hang in there. Recovery is always hard, but especially in your case since you had so many kinds of procedures done in one (!) day (!)

As for the swelling, I'm pretty sure the residual lumpiness is causing weird shadows and contours. If you have two raised lumps on either side, that will create the look of a depression in the middle. That will flatten down over the next few weeks. I think you are healing normally, and I do not see anything that looks concerning at 12 days post op.

Sorry if I missed it, but are you suctioning?

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@mcpoopy-scoopies)

Posted : 11/04/2015 9:44 pm

I see improvement in your pictures as the healing progresses. I don't think you made a mistake having the procedures done.All the best.

Ang22 and il90 liked
MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/05/2015 6:12 am

Hang in there. Recovery is always hard, but especially in your case since you had so many kinds of procedures done in one (!) day (!)

As for the swelling, I'm pretty sure the residual lumpiness is causing weird shadows and contours. If you have two raised lumps on either side, that will create the look of a depression in the middle. That will flatten down over the next few weeks. I think you are healing normally, and I do not see anything that looks concerning at 12 days post op.

Sorry if I missed it, but are you suctioning?

Yeah I hope you're right... anyways I have decided to stop constantly obsessing and watching it.. I'll take pictures after 4+ weeks because at that point it might be real if there is any progress.

No I am not, to be honest I was scared to and then it was too late to order them online when I wanted to. Nevertheless, next time I will try it. Which will be in February.

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 11/06/2015 12:26 pm

Excited for you! I definently think you got improvement! And I believe it will look even better in a few weeks:)keep updating with pictures if you can!

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/09/2015 8:37 am

Day 17: still lumpiness under skin. It is as if there are several hard lumps in the same place creating this hard bumpy linear line across my left cheek. On my right there is just one or two clumped together. They are skin colored though. You probably can't see them either. I'm trying to massage it, and I think some of it has gone down. Certain areas are pink and some redness (residue bruising) hasn't even gone away in some places.

I don't know if I see any progress yet. It looks worse.

I'll update again in a week.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 11/09/2015 1:10 pm

This thread scared me. Feeling nervous about my appt, even though I'm only doing dermarolling. Feel nauseous just thinking about it. 

Goodness, the things we have to go through. :(

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/09/2015 1:33 pm

This thread scared me. Feeling nervous about my appt, even though I'm only doing dermarolling. Feel nauseous just thinking about it. 

Goodness, the things we have to go through. :(

Dermarolling will go fine, the only side effect is redness for max 4 days... No bumps or anything.

Don't be scared!

And, yes, I don¨t know how we do it to be honest. :/

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 11/18/2015 12:14 pm

On 11/9/2015, 142, il90 said:

Dermarolling will go fine, the only sideeffect is redness for max 4 days... No bumps or anything.
Don't be scared!

And, yes, I dont know how we do it to be honest. :/

I had it done. It wasn't as bad as I imagined it. I am swollen and I look like a chipmunk.

How are your scars now? Do you use anything topically?

I just started to read about prp, sounds promising. Need to research it some more.

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 11/19/2015 1:27 pm

It's been awhile now...any updates?? Hope your doing well!!

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/22/2015 11:02 am

About 4 weeks post:

the lumpiness have not gone. It feels awful. It's like this skin-colored raised thick lines on my left cheek, they don't show that much unless I tilt my head and even then it is just aslight elevation. But they do show. They feel like they are huge though! What I also notice is that if I am out in the cold they start hurting,sticking and rise even more.I have one on my right side that has gone down slightly (I think). Then I have two very small bumps under the surface of my right cheek that developed around week 3 (these do not show on the surface). They are different in that they don't feel so weird just a bit bumpiness.

I don't think you can develop hypertrophic scarring until the 2-3 week mark, so the latest ones might be some but the big lumps? I don't know what these are. They can not be keloids becauseif you are not prone to keloids you do not get them.

I tired contacting Dr. Chu... He told me to send pictures Monday (almost a week ago) and have yet responded. Of course I am freaking out a bit.

Does anyone know what these bumps/lumps/raised thick lines can be? And, if anyone has any experience with these would be great!

As for the scarring? Well, I guess there is probably some improvements, but right now these lumps are my main concern. I also have a newlinear scar from subcision where the lumpiness is... Don't know if that is permanent or what.

Just FYI, this sounds awful but it doesn't look that bad mostly things are just happening under the surface. It is still pretty concerning though!

On 18 november 2015 1817, holdingontohope said:

I had it done. It wasn't as bad as I imagined it. I am swollen and I look like a chipmunk.

How are your scars now? Do you use anything topically?

I just started to read about prp, sounds promising. Need to research it some more.

I just used vaseline. I think I got PRP for a reduced price, if I had to pay in the 1k price range I would not have bothered. So if your doctor can do it for like 50-100 pounds you should def try! It hurts really badly though! Just so you are aware.

Hope you are doing well and that you feel you got some improvements. Although, I do think it takes quite awhile though.

MemberMember
(@sts54)

Posted : 11/23/2015 4:49 pm

• do you think it was worth it so far? I can't find a doctor near me who does it. I had heard of the infini that I want to hear more about before going for it. Anyone try that yet or he enerjet??
MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/27/2015 6:08 pm

Sts54 well as of right now I don't feel so good about it... Apparently, these lumps are blood clots... Hematoma I suppose. They are all on my right cheek clustered together. It looks quite bad. They have not gone down at all in the last couple of weeks.

One scar might be a little less indented. But it is hard to say with these lumps how much improvement I have had.

Going to London on Thursday to have them injected. Will post once it looks better (which I hope it will).

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 12/17/2015 2:08 pm

Update?

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 01/16/2016 10:42 am

So an update:

Bumps are going down but it still looks bad on one side so I'm not gonna show you pictures of that side... The one that responded the most was the biggest indent I had in my right cheek as you can see... However, don't know yet what kind of progress I have had on the left side since I still have those blasted bumps!

Also, it seems like you get improvements like 3+ months along,  you'll notice that your skin isn't 'as' indented as before... but some days you're just like how god it is worse I wanna die haha

I do know now that this will take some time... betting maybe 3-4 more treatments this year and then maybe micro-droplet injections or laser (but this will have to come later after I graduate) 

I'm going for my second treatment the 9th of February - and I will suction this time! (with my hover haha)

I found some pictures of last year to compare with so here they are:

Last year vs. now (I was a bit red after Accutane - so the lobster colored skin is the one from last year - easier to compare that way) 

photo6.jpg.462d597aa00d047cdecaaa2d7a2fbphoto5.jpg.9df3cac61035be88176f247371b2f

And... (first one is the before)

photo7.jpg.ffb8972a4a3340932ee345f7357dbphoto3.jpg.db8efa62f9b2c2c3da8c4f2fba23b

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 01/16/2016 1:28 pm

You look waaay better. Keep it up.

Binga liked
MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/16/2016 6:31 pm

You look great. Keep doing the dermapen if possible and look into a filler.

MemberMember
(@nickrazell)

Posted : 01/16/2016 8:12 pm

Looks really good. Great improvement!
I think if the slight redness even out further more in the future, it'll look better!

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 01/17/2016 4:31 am

@BingaI'm will look into fillers after I've done it three times (so one in February and then one in April) so maybe in May? Could I do something like restylane? I'm looking into micro-droplet silicone 1000 but it is pretty hard to find anyone that does it in the UK.

@NickRazellYeeah but now I'm doing it again so I'll be all red again hah.. Thanks for the input, thanks@Dan34too!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/17/2016 6:23 am

Try a temporary filler first and be certain that you like the results. You can always go with permanent fillers later, but once they're in there's no going back. Not sure if you have Bellafill where you're at but I'd consider that only after you've experimented with something temporary like Restylane. Permanent fillers have some risk. Of course if the subcisions give you a lot of improvement, you may not even need fillers.

jjp007 and il90 liked
MemberMember
(@izzy123)

Posted : 01/26/2016 8:33 am

Thanks for sharing your experience!!! I am so scared to have to deal with the swelling for a long time... I just had an INFINI treatment on the lower half of my face.. I feel like a chipmunk... It looks even more weird because she worked more on the cheak on the left but then more on the chin on the right... Arf.. hope it goes down significantly enough by tomorrow.. i'm dreading going back to work..

image.jpeg

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 01/26/2016 6:38 pm

@Izzy123Oh don't worry it is gone in two days!! It feels like it will take forever but it won't. Just sit down watch movies and read books or whatever maybe yoga and then bam it'll be gone!

MemberMember
(@minty-peas)

Posted : 01/26/2016 8:45 pm

il90, your skin looks loads better! Congratulations!
Your procedure sounds terrifying. I hope it gives you good improvement.

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@bluedog88)

Posted : 01/26/2016 10:39 pm

results look great from the pics youve shown!

the nodules/bumps really have lasted 3 months though? are they noticeable to others, or are you just super conscious of them?

its pretty surprising that they would last that long, especially since you didnt suction and only got 8-10 scars done! did the doctor mention why this might be the case? did the prp injections add to it?

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 01/27/2016 9:51 am

@Minty Peas Yeah it really was but you've done laser which I hear isn't the most comfortable experience either :P

@BlueDog88 Yes I know! Yep but my hair hid them, they are now going away. I think it was because one of my scars I had from birth, like I can see them in baby pictures kind of like a dimple he subcided that and it left like these bumps probably a reaction from being there so long, scar tissue or whatnot. 

I think it is just my sensitive skin tbh, I knew something like this would happen. But they do go away, to all those who are worried. It looked horrifying for some time, like acne again but skin colored. 

I have no idea he just said they were blod clots, and that they would go in time. 

Anyways, what did help was arnica pills... yeah I know. I'm going to take them a lot the days before and after this next one and I hope that that might prevent so many bumps! Damn, I really don't want to do this again but I guess I'll be sorry if I don't at least try....