Notifications
Clear all

Very shallow Mark on cheek?

MemberMember
(@maryhursey1234)

Posted : 10/17/2015 4:30 pm

Hi, about a month ago I had a medium sized pimple that developed into a head and popped. After the scab fell I noticed a red mark, however I wasn't too worried as I know they fade. Now about a month later I can see that there may be a very shallow indent.. It's shallow but definitely there. It almost looks like a layer of skin isn't there.. It's not deep at all and I can see where it ends as I've mentioned before. It's still red so I am aware that the discolouration may be making it look worse than it is. I am just so worried about the slight indent. As a person with mostly clear skin, I'm so worried that this indent will stay forever. I've never dealt with something like this before :( ... Will that layer of skin grow back? will my skin level out eventually? How long do you think it will take?  Do you think that once the redness is gone it won't be visible? Please I need answers as this has been consuming my life and depressing me. Has anyone had anything similar and did it go away in time? Ive heard that indents don't go away but at the same time some people say that they can in time. Especially since mine is very shallow and not deep. All answers appreciated, thank you so much!

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 10/18/2015 4:07 pm

I have a shallow indent on my cheek too and my derm said she thought it would go away in a year or more. It hasn't been that long yet but it made me feel better when she said that. Here's hoping. At least I know it's possible.

MemberMember
(@lindsayxox)

Posted : 12/11/2015 2:54 am

Hi Mary, how has your scar healed? I'm anxious to hear your progress.

About 4 weeks ago I developed a massive cyst acne which requireda cortisone shot. I was bad and should have left it be (I couldn't miss work so I tried to cover with makeup daily) but now I think it will scar

However, I went to the derm to to try to fix itwith any kind of procedure but she said she thought it may fill in since it's still red and to continue with retin a. Since I'm getting married next year I will definitely do some kind of procedure if it doesn't fill in on its own, but need to wait 5 more months before its done "healing".It's totally depressed me since my skin was otherwise very clear, and to me it's incredibly noticible being on the tip of my cheek. Almost like Klohe Kardashian's mole area. Not a fan. Lol

Thank you in advance!

Lindsay

MemberMember
(@maryhursey1234)

Posted : 03/18/2016 10:00 pm

@Lindsayxox Hey, sorry for the late reply. I'm happy to inform that my scar is completely flat now! It took a lot of patience but I'm so happy it's gone and hopefully yours will fade too. The human body is great at healing itself, good luck! I'd say give it some time and it'll fade. And congrats!

Sorry I don't know how to reply on this site lol. But yea look above^^

On 12/10/2015 at 11:54 PM, Lindsayxox said:

Hi Mary, how has your scar healed? I'm anxious to hear your progress.

About 4 weeks ago I developed a massive cyst acne which requireda cortisone shot. I was bad and should have left it be (I couldn't miss work so I tried to cover with makeup daily) but now I think it will scar

However, I went to the derm to to try to fix itwith any kind of procedure but she said she thought it may fill in since it's still red and to continue with retin a. Since I'm getting married next year I will definitely do some kind of procedure if it doesn't fill in on its own, but need to wait 5 more months before its done "healing".It's totally depressed me since my skin was otherwise very clear, and to me it's incredibly noticible being on the tip of my cheek. Almost like Klohe Kardashian's mole area. Not a fan. Lol

Thank you in advance!

Lindsay