Notifications
Clear all

need solution for acne scars

MemberMember
(@pearl-eye)

Posted : 10/16/2015 4:44 am

My face is extremely damaged due to cystic acne. I have had it for almost 15 years. Even makeup wont cover up the damage..
Plz help. Is there anything that'll help?  have tried several home remedies lemon, baking soda. Several otc. Is there no going back from this??

20151016_140735-1.jpg

20151016_140755-1.jpg

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 10/17/2015 8:01 am

I feel your pain and frustrations. I'm not going to sugar coat anything, a scarred area is definitely tough to return its original smooth texture. Having said that, there are certainly things you can employ to refine those scars to makeit more aesthetically better looking. Based on your photos, I see a mixture of scars- icepicks, boxcar and rolling. See a dermatologist that specialize in acne scarring. The protocol of treatment should include TCA cross for ice pick scars, subcision for both boxcar and rolling. Those deeper boxcar scars on your right cheek could be beneficial with punch excision. And lastly, a deep ablative laser resurfacing to level things out. Be mindful that not all treatments would produce results. People have different physiology and this relates to the healing and expectation outcome. Also, I'd suggest you treat your acne first to prevent more scars formation!
All the best! Keep us updated!

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 10/17/2015 3:56 pm

Hi, I am currently going through the Co2 ultrapulse laser, I am on recovery day 3, please check my topic and find out my results in the next week or two. Hopefully I can get good results and this may help you... If it goes had for me then you know what to avoid haha. Good luck on your search to find the perfect treatment for you. Please be realistic though, you will never be able to get your skin exactly the same as before acne or the scarring. You can get close but it will never be perfect.