Notifications
Clear all

Help Me Heal My Scars

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 10/13/2015 1:36 pm

This year is the first year I've started to get scars in abundance. I'm 19, have a healthy diet, and use acne face washes and benzoyl peroxide as well as Cetaphil moisturizer, and yet I still get little blackheads, which eventually become pods, hollowing out my skin and forming these circular imprints/lesions/scars. 

How do I prevent the blackheads, even with the use of a scrubbing brush, face wash, moisturizer and benzoyl peroxide not seeming to work? Every day I wake up with more blackheads that eventually become scars. I drink plenty of water, I do not consume dairy, I sometimes eat sweets but I don't see how it would correlate with this.

Feel free to diagnose what kind of acne, scarring and redness I have, and offer effective advice based on things I CAN do. I DO NOT have access to a dermatologist or regular doctor. All constructive, polite advice appreciated. 

Edit: And after the heads of my whiteheads go away and there is no more raised inflammation, the inflammation stays embedded in my skin, as you can see, forming what seems to be lesions or red imprinted skin. I feel like it's all too clear, if and when these marks heal, they'll scar pretty severely. What can I do to heal this and prevent it from happening?

newestacne1.jpg

newestacne2.jpg

newestacne3.jpg

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 10/27/2015 12:49 pm

Bump.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/27/2015 6:58 pm

Yeah they are microcomdones. Could you go to a derm and get them extracted? If you go on accutane they will ALL come up which will scar pretty badly. If you go on a topical tretinoin they will all become inflamed and that will take quite some time.

You need to get the acne in control before beginning scar treatment. But, as of now it looks quite good, those will heal by themselves since you are so young.

You could try a topicaltretinoin after being on antibiotics for some time, then keep using the topical to keep them from returning. Have you seen a derm? Go right away. If you go on antibiotics take TONS of probiotics, and only be on it until it is gone then start on a tretinoin like differin.

Diets won't do anything at this point but might help in the long term so keep eating healthy!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 12/14/2015 11:44 pm

On 10/27/2015, 747, il90 said:

Yeah they are microcomdones. Could you go to a derm and get them extracted? If you go on accutane they will ALL come up which will scar pretty badly. If you go on a topical tretinoin they will all become inflamed and that will take quite some time.

You need to get the acne in control before beginning scar treatment. But, as of now it looks quite good, those will heal by themselves since you are so young.

You could try a topicaltretinoin after being on antibiotics for some time, then keep using the topical to keep them from returning. Have you seen a derm? Go right away. If you go on antibiotics take TONS of probiotics, and only be on it until it is gone then start on a tretinoin like differin.

Diets won't do anything at this point but might help in the long term so keep eating healthy!

Good luck!

I have no access to a derm, so much of this is out of the question.