Notifications
Clear all

Needling And Tca Peels Haven't Worked. Any Advice?

MemberMember
(@perservering)

Posted : 10/01/2015 4:41 pm

Hi everyone,

Over the last five months, I've alternated 2.0 needling and TCA peels every other two weeks with very little improvement to show. I also have done four CO2 lasers over the last year and a half, and got minimal improvement. It's devastating and has derailed my life and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. I want to try dermabrasion, but I'm scared of the horror stories and don't want to risk my skin getting worse than it already is. Thanks.

post-445306-0-08636100-1443735643.png

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 10/02/2015 6:04 pm

Stop with the lasers, they're only good for resurfacing.

Subcision/suction combined with the needling over multiple rounds should eventually give you a very nice result.

And 5 months simply isn't enough, you need to be patient and persistent, even when you think nothing is working.

Also, how well do you heal?

MemberMember
(@perservering)

Posted : 10/02/2015 6:32 pm

Thanks for your response. Yeah I'm done with lasers. The first one was okay, but the last three were unnecessary. I heal quickly. My skin is back to normal after a week from 18% TCA peels and five days after 2.0 needling. I've had subcision and suction done on my pitted scar, but it doesn't work well for my boxcar and icepicks and I don't want to risk having more nodules as a result, because those suck.

MemberMember
(@jes7)

Posted : 10/12/2015 1:59 pm

TCA cross & needling will work - just takes time. If you are going to 2 mm the minimum gap between sessions should be 6 weeks otherwise you're not allowing the healing process to complete. Forget about peels.