Notifications
Clear all

Found A Solution. Long Time Sufferer Of Acne Scars, Now Somewhat Treated Inexpensively

MemberMember
(@puissantcorer)

Posted : 09/03/2015 11:30 am

Hello people!

I wanted to post something on here because over the past 3 years or so, I have been on this site constantly as I have dealt with cystic acne, hyperpigmentation, and the worst of all, in my opinion, acne scars.

I am 27 years old, have been dealing with acne since I was 12. It's always been a hassle in my life for the most part. Around 17-18, I pretty much cleared it with Benzaclin, and it stayed pretty good until about 23, when I started breaking out again constantly. The reason being, I had gone off Benzaclin for the first time since I was 16, because I thought I had outgrown acne, and Benzaclin was 80 dollars a month for me, so I figured, go off it. I think you'll be fine. But nope, within a couple weeks going off it, I started breaking out again. So I went back on it. But here's the thing, once I went back on it, it wasn't doing anything, and it was drying out my skin, and not really preventing breakouts anymore. I think my skin wasn't used to it now, and for some reason it just wasn't working.

So in the past 5 years, I have been trying different products, some that made me break out, where I would develop cystic acne. Cystic acne, which I frantically would try to pop and pick, left me with horrible scarring on my cheeks and temples. It's still noticeable, but within the last couple months, I have finally found a solution that has faded my scars pretty well.

In the last year, my scarring was at its worst, big ridges from giant pimples I had popped the year before. I tried for about 9-10 months trying to get rid of them with Exposed Skin Care (a product used to treat acne, that I still cleanse with), lemon juice, tea tree oil, and a bunch of other shit that didn't work.

But I was shopping in Whole Foods a couple months ago, as I usually do. I came across a product called "Derma-E Scar Gel." I was so pissed about my scarring still, and still hadn't found a solution, and I read the back of the jar, and it seemed somewhat legit. I was pretty sure I was going to be disappointed by it, but I thought "fuck it." It's 25 dollars I believe, so it's not the cheapest, but hey, within a couple weeks of using it, my scars were actually reducing quite a bit. I was ecstatic. It was the first product that has ever done anything.

And then after a month of using it, I went to Target to get some soap. Handsoap. I wanted something that at least had some ingredients that might be beneficial to scarring, such as Aloe Vera or Cocoa Butter. I found Softsoap Whipped Cocoa Butter Handsoap. I had read cocoa butter was good for scarring, so instead of just regular Handsoap I usually would buy, I bought that stuff. I shit you not, the night I used that soap, along with my Derma-E Scar Gel, the next morning I woke up to find my acne scars faded like nearly almost gone. They're still there, and in certain lighting you can see them quite clear, but compared to what they were like 2 months ago, it's an absolute miracle.

So, just putting this out there for any sufferers of acne scars, I know what it's like. It's depressing, it controls your life, and you literally feel like you would rather have any disease or disorder in the world over acne and acne scarring, because having to face people every single day and worry about it is damn near suicidal. Try what I did. I can't guarantee it, because everyone has different skin, but I was extremely surprised given how much different products I had tried before and how these 2, together and overnight changed everything. I am so much happier in my life now because of what 35 dollars did.

Derma E Scar Gel at Whole Foods and

Softsoap Whipped Cocoa Butter Foaming Handsoap at Target.

Hopefully that helps! I needed to share because I feel everyone's pain.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 09/03/2015 1:30 pm

Hey, it's good to hear your successful results.

Was your scaring pitted? Do you have any before and after photos we could see?

MemberMember
(@puissantcorer)

Posted : 09/03/2015 4:36 pm

My scarring was boxcar pitted, yes. As well as rolling.

Unfortunately I don't have before photos. I was too ashamed of having pictures of myself with the bad scars, and never thought I would post something on here to help people, but now that they have faded successfully, I feel obliged to help as I know I was in the same position, looking for solutions for years. Wish I had the photos now. Sorry. :(

MemberMember
(@datura)

Posted : 09/17/2015 5:12 pm

You mean to tell us it helped with the pitting?