Notifications
Clear all

Forehead Scars, Help Me Identify + Treat Them

MemberMember
(@madacnez)

Posted : 08/07/2015 8:16 am

Hi all,

Had severe cystic acne on my forehead some years ago. The acne is all settled down now, but I've been thinking for a long time about treating the remaining scars.

Please see the attached photo to get an idea of the scars. I'm no expert on scars and I wouldn't know whether these are icepicks, craters, boxes, or whatever kind of scars there are.

Anyway, I've been checking out some webpages of various clinics. Some offer the fractional CO2 laser, some the ematrix sublative thing, etc. Do you guys think that these techniques would work for my skin / scars type?

Also, I've been thinking about simply injecting some fillers every year, since the scars seem mostly depressed, only a few 'come up'. Is that a wise idea?

Would appreciate any feedback, comments or thoughts.

thanks and take care

post-483600-0-52800400-1438953155.jpg

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/07/2015 7:11 pm

.Hi I had similar fractional laser helped but like me the scars are deep so 1 pass will help the appearance but they will remain the beauty of the kaser is that they blend in a bit to your skin and your whole face will look,good.

Where do you live?

I think they are rolling scars?

MemberMember
(@madacnez)

Posted : 08/08/2015 5:32 am

Thanks. I like the idea of subcision first. I live in the Netherlands. I've only found one doctor so far that does subcision here. I'll write to some other clinics if and what experience they have with subcision. Most seem very eager to showcase their new EpicLaser9000XtraUltra it seems, at the expense of all the other possibilities.

I'll read into Robertitoo's full procedure and the dermaneedling stuff, I'm just so worried of ending up with a horror-doc that destroys my skin even further :\

You liked