Notifications
Clear all

Would You Guys Recommend The Dermaroller For Me?

MemberMember
(@tballer)

Posted : 07/22/2015 1:41 pm

Hello, first time posting. I had moderate acne since I was 12. I am 20 now and I don't get as much as I used to, but still a little occasionally. My dermatologist prescribed me .025% Retin A for the scars. I have been on it for 4 weeks and I don't notice any difference. I understand it is supposed to take a long time to work, but I feel like my skin is resistant to it. I didn't get the initial breakouts, skin was never irritated or dried out. This is coming from someone who was very sensitive to other acne medications, such as proactive. Maybe the dose is to weak for my skin, I don't know.

My friends have had great success with the Dermaroller. However, I don't know if it is appropriate for my skin. I know dermatologists are against these type of home remedies so I don't really want to go to him regarding it. Just looking for some opinions, please view the photos I attached. I know the scarring isn't too bad but I have had them for a very long time. Also, what size needle and how often should I use it if I were to get one? Any other tips about the dermaroller would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

post-480668-0-35855000-1437589539.jpg

post-480668-0-99985700-1437589546.jpg

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 07/22/2015 3:57 pm

actually , no one will notice these scars even in the worst types of lighting , if i have your skin , i would never touch it ! . period

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 07/22/2015 4:56 pm

i agree with pursuit of happyness, its so minor i would just leave it alone. it is possible to make scars worse. but if you do get one i would look for a high quality, not made in china, 1.5mm size and use it every 6 weeks. then put a collagen boosting serum or something on afterwards. i had one and its such a pain i gave up. your skin peels and looks gross for days. you have to avoid the sun or use sunscreen. there are lots of informative videos on youtube and you can watch people do it. just dont go bigger than 1.5mm or more than every 6 weeks or youll do damage.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 07/22/2015 5:30 pm

Maybe you could try a dermastamp? So you could just target individual scars.

You liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/22/2015 8:28 pm

It's almost virtually impossible to buy a roller that is not made in China. Guess what? Even Owndoc FINALLY admitted that their rollers are made in China after talking negatively about rollers made in China. It's hard to believe anything that woman Sarah says anymore, though her products are decent.

All of the rollers are made in China, period. The different companies just simply slap their own branding on it.

OP, your scars are indeed very minor, so I hope you don't stress out too much about it. That said, I can understand why you'd want to improve on it. Dermarolling is pretty low risk, so I would recommend doing that. I think you shouldn't try to do too much and end up making things worse.

You liked