Notifications
Clear all

Got Those Scars And Damaged Skin, Any Suggestion To Fix That?

MemberMember
(@nonfranco)

Posted : 07/06/2015 12:49 am

I have been exposed to sun (~30-40 Celsius) a lot in past without using sunscreen at all. The damaged skin is most probably because of that.The scars are from the acne for sure. I have tried aloe vera plant gel since last few weeks and lemon juice. Also tried Neutrogena pore refining cleaner but nothing seem to work.Desperately need a cure!

post-477468-278156_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 07/06/2015 5:48 am

Moved to Scar Forum!-DeLovely (Acne.Org Moderating Team)

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/06/2015 8:55 am

lemon juice and aloe won't help hereif you have money then go see a derm about options, lasersif you don't then go to the owndoc.com forum and read up about dermarolling or derma stamping- or even needling....read up on everything, there are pictures on the site tooscars can be improved, for sure, but you need to cause controlled damage then let the skin heal and remodel collagen...but you need some controlled damage to the skin firstI've done the fraxels and the ablative erbium laser, and definitely got improvement, but you need to go to some doctor who has done it a lot- not some laser clinic.....and I'm getting continued improvement from derma stamping at home w/ a 1.5mm stamp every couple of weeksyou can make progress with or without much money, it takes time and patience, but get reading and get a plan and get going!

You liked
MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/07/2015 1:42 am

-Subcision + suction for deeper rolling and wide boxcar scars

-TCA Cross for ice picks (I would strongly recommend doing only a couple test spots first because this one seems unpredictable)

-Hydroquinone for dark spots (must use a strong sunscreen daily)

-Possibly laser, but clearly you are pretty dark skinned, so hyperpigmentation is guaranteed. I would really only do co2 laser at the end to blend everything. Definitely forget Fraxel Restore or anything else that is non-ablative (does not leave raw skin). At this point, I think most would agree that non-ablative lasers are virtually useless for any real meaningful improvement in significant acne scars.

Having dark ethnic skin does complicate things, but from the very good study posted above by pursuit of happyness, very good improvement can be achieved on dark skin.