Notifications
Clear all

Why Is My Skin So Red?

MemberMember
(@crastle)

Posted : 06/13/2015 10:37 pm

It's driving me insane and I have no clue why it's so bad??

It's much worse on one side as you can see and I have no clue why.

I change my pillowcase everyday, I don't sleep on the red side, dry my face with a clean towel, use tea tree oil, moisturiser, acne wash, eat extremely healthily but literally nothing seems to help. I've tried stuff at the body shop which is meant to reduce redness (it didn't work). My skin is not oily and I have no clue why this is happening it's so irritating. My skin is practically completely smooth, I get the odd pimple (probably one a week) but other than that it's completely smooth so idk why its so bloody red. I don't pick any spots I get either. I'm 17 and none of my siblings have any acne whatsoever so idk why mine is so bad. Could someone please diagnose me or something haha

Thanks so much

post-473801-0-84822700-1434253031.jpg

post-473801-0-21200400-1434253034.jpg

MemberMember
(@lyd9898)

Posted : 06/16/2015 3:18 pm

Hey there,

My face is very similar to yours and I know how much it can suck, it's so irritating but I can suggest either going to a dermatologist, which is always the best idea or look into using a derma-roller which basically is a tiny needle roller that makes your skin believe it needs to produce more collagen (sounds scary I know) but if that doesn't work then perhaps try to just go easy on it? Don't use tea tree oil as that can make it worse and make sure to use sun screen so the marks will fade faster.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@lillyxnyc)

Posted : 06/20/2015 11:40 pm

Your skin doesn't look that red or bad at all actually, I am 17 as well & i have red acne marks/hyperpigmentation literally all over my face and looks muchh worse than yours if that makes you feel any better lol.. are those acne marks new? If they are, then they'll take time to heal and fade in color on its own. Judging from your pics it looks like they are marks caused by recently-healed pimples and it also depends on how inflamed your pimples were. It could be the inflammation that is still lingering from the pimples you get...