Notifications
Clear all

Burned By Glycolic Acid Peel [Picture]

MemberMember
(@drhenkel)

Posted : 06/09/2015 8:05 am

Hey.. so I've been struggling to get a nice skin which i pretty much have, except for some old small spots which I tried to get rid of by using a 30% glycolic acid peel yesterday night. I applied on spots on my whole face, when I was done with one side it Immidietly started burning, I continued on to the next side of my face, when I was done I waited maybe 30 seconds max, then I immidietly washed it all off for a couple of minutes in cold water and a very mild cleanser. Now today, one of my sides got like 3-4 circle spots on my face which are pretty red, they are maybe 1cm in diameter. The weird thing this only happened on one of the sides? Today (the day after the peel) I got me some hydrocortisone and applied a thin layer, together with a moisturizer. I would consider it as a minor burn, compared to the pictures I've seen on google it's really nothing, they are frightening.. Do I have to worry about this or will it dissappear? And how long time will it take for it to dissappear? Help please.. I'm veery worried..

I've uploaded an image below, I know it might not be very much but it still got me worried sick when I just battled acne spots.. I've put some hydrocortisone on the burns in the image:

http://postimg.org/image/bhh2ktvtf/

post-468823-0-42424600-1433856439.jpg

MemberMember
(@kensden)

Posted : 06/11/2015 7:08 am

Hi you should be fine,i had the same reaction on some parts of the skin the first time i done glycolic 30% peel but should fade after a few days to week..So no need worry..