Notifications
Clear all

Got Banned From Owndoc.com For No Reason?

MemberMember
(@sally)

Posted : 06/01/2015 10:39 pm

I bought about 260 USD worth of products from owndoc yesterday to treat some hyper pigmentation and boxcar scars... To my shock my money was refunded without explanation, and when I submitted a ticket to ask why, I was promptly banned. Am genuinely shocked.. Never experienced this in all my years of online shopping. Anyone had the same experience? What could be the reason?

Could it be my location? I'm from singapore, but have no idea why this would merit such rude treatment. I've also never posted on any of their forums or had any form of communication with them before.

MemberMember
(@sally)

Posted : 06/01/2015 11:03 pm

i just want to add that the last time I've had any form of forum participation at all was years ago, as I'm now a busy working mum in my 30s... But if you check my posts you'll see I've been posting on this forum since 2002, and am a non-offensive, reasonable person. I am bewildered by the lack of explanation and being banned from their help desk.

I emailed the CEO at [email protected] and am awaiting her response. I had purchased the derminator, some rollers and needles, and an ointment.

Please share your thoughts and experiences... Would greatly appreciate input.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 06/01/2015 11:33 pm

Their team is extremely professional and I've never seen any complaints except a few from American customers not receiving their packages on time (back in beginning of the year) but USPS was 100% at fault here and had nothing to do with Owndoc. They dispatch every order every day or every other day I can't remember, quick processing nonetheless.

I believe the reason your order was canceled was either because A) the purchased an item that was currently not in stock or B) they can't ship to Singapore (which I sincerely doubt, unless Singapore has strict regulations that I'm not aware about) C) accident or fraudulent activity on your card?

I'm sure they'll resolve this issue with you asap

I too have a Derminator, I love it :)

MemberMember
(@sally)

Posted : 06/02/2015 2:38 am

Well the only response I've received so far from the CEO is to redirect me to the helpdesk which banned me in the first place. This is the most bizarre, unprofessional encounter I've ever had in more than a decade of online shopping.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 06/02/2015 10:15 am

Well the only response I've received so far from the CEO is to redirect me to the helpdesk which banned me in the first place. This is the most bizarre, unprofessional encounter I've ever had in more than a decade of online shopping.

You'll get a reply don't worry

MemberMember
(@skyedog92)

Posted : 06/02/2015 1:19 pm

Coming from Singapore myself, I sort of understand the frustration that Sally is going through - professional microneedling is banned in Singapore clinics due to a ridiculously strict regulation implemented by the health ministry.

I've had to get microneedling treatments (three so far) done in the UK, where I'm currently studying right now.

Sally, perhaps you might want to consider getting subcision (readily available in Singapore) + a dermaroller to follow through (which can be easily bought in Singapore)

Or, as an alternative, you could try getting microneedling done across the border in Malaysia.

MemberMember
(@sally)

Posted : 06/03/2015 1:40 pm

Actually my frustration is entirely from the lack of communication from this ridiculous company. Now I cannot even access the site unless I use a proxy, then the site miraculously loads instantly. I don't even know what the problem is.

Was there a misunderstanding? Was there a problem somehow with my credit card? No word from them whatsoever. Just a ban, apparently even my IP address has now been banned, and I don't even know why. I swear I've done absolutely nothing wrong. I join the minority of customers who've had a terrible experience with owndoc, I guess.

I'm giving up and ordering a cheapo derma stamp from Amazon.

I've decided the people who run owndoc are crazy megalomaniacs.

MemberMember
(@sour-grapes)

Posted : 06/04/2015 4:19 am

They have a list of blacklisted customers on their website. You might want to have a look and see if your name is in there.