Notifications
Clear all

Intense Pulsed Light (Ipl) For Redness

MemberMember
(@qipperw)

Posted : 04/28/2015 12:21 pm

Hi. I'm still struggling with redness after accutane and it's been 2 years. I admit I've been careless and even got a pretty bad sunburn last year. I know now the importance of suncreen but I'd still like to hurry up the process of fading this redness.

It looks like this:

Is there anyone that have tried IPL? Do you think it's reasonable for my redness?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/28/2015 1:12 pm

IPL works very well for redness but you should go to a medical spa or plastic surgeon's office and see what they think. Sometimes they recommend a series of peels but it all depends on what they think will work best. I've been getting IPL's for years like a really long time and have had so many of them I cant even count and they always worked really well for me. I had them done on my red marks from acne and for brown spots from the sun. It has always worked really well for me but that is because the places I have gone always do multiple passes on each spot at a fairly high intensity. So I would suggest going for a consult at a reputable place and then have them do a test spot if that is what you decide you want to do and then if in a few days everything looks good then get the IPL done. For your first one it will be a lower intensity and probably less passes just to see how your skin reacts and if everything is ok then that will be upped for your next set of treatments. Good luck to you! If you have other questions you can pm me I've had a lot of skin treatments done so know how most of them work.

MemberMember
(@qipperw)

Posted : 04/28/2015 1:45 pm

IPL works very well for redness but you should go to a medical spa or plastic surgeon's office and see what they think. Sometimes they recommend a series of peels but it all depends on what they think will work best. I've been getting IPL's for years like a really long time and have had so many of them I cant even count and they always worked really well for me. I had them done on my red marks from acne and for brown spots from the sun. It has always worked really well for me but that is because the places I have gone always do multiple passes on each spot at a fairly high intensity. So I would suggest going for a consult at a reputable place and then have them do a test spot if that is what you decide you want to do and then if in a few days everything looks good then get the IPL done. For your first one it will be a lower intensity and probably less passes just to see how your skin reacts and if everything is ok then that will be upped for your next set of treatments. Good luck to you! If you have other questions you can pm me I've had a lot of skin treatments done so know how most of them work.

Hi Tracy, thanks for the response!

Why did you have so many IPL treatments? Are the results from the IPL not permanent? Will my redness come back after a while?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/28/2015 1:56 pm

You are very welcome! I've had so many treatments because I kept getting acne over and over again. I think I started getting them around 2006 and the last one I had was a year or so ago. I stopped getting acne a little over 2 years ago when I went on a high dose of Keflex and then Spironolactone. I still take Spironolactone to this day.

The effects are permanent so the redness will never come back thank goodness!