Notifications
Clear all

Subcision Permanent Swelling?

MemberMember
(@kilstee)

Posted : 04/10/2015 4:10 am

So I had subcision + home suction done in May of 2014. It was extensive since I have deep rolling scars on most of my face. Most of the swelling went away after a few months, but it's been 11 months now and I still have some swelling along my jaw line. It's most noticeable when I smile, giving me a slightly weird chipmunk cheek thing going on along my lower face.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, has it gotten better over more time or is there another procedure that could fix this?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/10/2015 8:15 pm

So I had subcision + home suction done in May of 2014. It was extensive since I have deep rolling scars on most of my face. Most of the swelling went away after a few months, but it's been 11 months now and I still have some swelling along my jaw line. It's most noticeable when I smile, giving me a slightly weird chipmunk cheek thing going on along my lower face.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, has it gotten better over more time or is there another procedure that could fix this?

Strange, subcision was done on along jawline? I have personally have never read or seen anyone have a problem with persistent swelling months after subcision. I have however read of people that were stuck with nodules for a couple of months onto a year due to subcision that later went away.. are they hard?

Also give us some insight and pictures! Did it improve your scarring?

I also received subcision on the 25th of March and I am currently blogging it :) if you're interested in checking out it you can find it

MemberMember
(@kilstee)

Posted : 04/11/2015 11:45 pm

Unfortunately I don't have before pics. But I would say that the improvement was about 35%, so I don't regret it. And having studied it, the jaw line swelling is barely any different than what it was before. I think I just had a freak out moment.