Notifications
Clear all

Fraxel + Ipl

MemberMember
(@qipperw)

Posted : 03/29/2015 11:18 am

Hi. I haven't had acne for about 2 years but unfortunately I've been left with some scarring. I was told the redness would diminish over time but it hasn't. Can someone help me identify this scarring and what I should do to treat it? There's a lot of dents in the skin, which I assume can only be treated by laser and chemical peels. I was thinking of doing three sessions of Fraxel Restore followed by three sessions of IPL to treat the red marks. Has anyone gone through a similar treatment and/or do you think it'll help me?

I'm really just looking for a second set of eyes here apart from the woman at the clinic. The dermatologist I spoke to seemed inexperienced with laser treatments and didn't think I needed any treatment at all. Obviously I don't share her opinion, I just wanna look the best that I can.

I'd really appreciate suggestions, thanks.

http://imgur.com/Z9ByIjx,wGZJMWC,gWIcLza [1] (3 pictures, 1 of right cheek & 2 of left cheek)

MemberMember
(@kid-charlemagne)

Posted : 03/30/2015 9:10 am

I have had IPL from two separate clinics. If you have brown pigment, like sun damage, that will freckle up and be gone within a couple of weeks. For red marks, your success just depends on the severity. I have had some red marks and blood vessel issues that seemed to resolve pretty well from IPL after a few months. But, I have a couple of marks that have not faded much after several treatments. I think IPL is worth a try.

I have mixed feelings about fraxel. An esthetician did it on a deep mark on one side of my face. At the time, I was really upset about the swelling and that the down time is at least a week. It did reduce the scar I had quite a bit. An unexpected benefit is that I believe because of the thickening of the skin on that side of my face, I am getting less red marks when I have breakouts. That said, a physician at another clinic I went to said fraxel has no backing in the medical community and that other laser treatments are much more well respected.

MemberMember
(@bee4acne)

Posted : 03/30/2015 11:12 am

Your scarring is mindif and very shallow in my opinion. I have had good success with IPL so far as the red marks are concerned. I'm not too sure whether fraxel reakky helped. What I would say is that time is a good healer and if you look after your health you will be surprised at how well your skin improves.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/30/2015 2:07 pm

I'd would personally do Microneedling @ home, weekly or biweekly peels and a couple of IPL or Vbeam treatments.

MemberMember
(@qipperw)

Posted : 03/31/2015 1:49 pm

Thanks for replying everyone. Is microneedling the same as a dermaroller?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/31/2015 2:31 pm

your skin looks pretty damn good. i had 2 fraxel restores and i will say the newer indents i have look better but the older ones didnt seem to change at all for some reason. i have done ipl for years now and it works very very well but each mark has to be zapped at least 3 times or more to get good results. good luck!