Notifications
Clear all

What Type Of Scarring Is This

MemberMember
(@insecureacne)

Posted : 03/18/2015 1:25 am

Okay so i am currently in 10th grade in high school and i have acne, it all began summer after 8th grade i had a lot of break outs. At the time though i really didn't know what acne was i didnt know that it could scar. So i'd pick and scratch at my acne and now i have suffered. Up until recently i discovered that acne made me break out so i have cut it out of my diet and my skin has gotten clearer which means that my dark spots are morenoticeable and i just want to know if these scars will ever fade because i feel so ugly and like such a loser.

post-457268-0-14572000-1426659886.jpg

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/18/2015 9:07 am

Sorry to hear you are down about your skin. It is certainly good that the acne itself seems to be clearing up. The best way to prevent scarring is not to get the pimples in the first place... so looks like you wont be getting further scarring. It does look like the areas you describe are quite flat to the rest of the skin, and a little darker.... so it appears you have some hyperpigmentation .... this is common in non - white people... particularly in asians. It is worth avoiding too much sun while the scars are settling as you may find that they naturally fade back to normal skin colour. There are some medications which work to some extent for hyperpigmentation that you can get from your doctor.

Hope that is helpful and good luck!