Notifications
Clear all

Dangers Of Derma Roller/stamp From China?

MemberMember
(@adhcadhc)

Posted : 03/06/2015 2:25 pm

I bought a Derma Roller from a trustworthy UK based company which I feel has helped to reduce some of the scarring. Because the scars I do have now are individual and separate I decided on getting a derma stamp to concentrate on particular areas with more control. I found one on ebay from a UK seller in which I looked at some ebay views which said the product was excellent quality, it came within two days in a small pot/case type thing and a factory type seal over the actual dermaroller. I do not believe this is a bad quality derma roller and when I first looked it pricked my finger with one or two needles straight away. I freaked out about germs and sterilised it with rubbing alcohol for around ten or fifteen minutes. Using it felt like it was definitely doing the job and penetrating my skin, it drew some blood. It is called a DRS Dermaroller System, which is rather stupid as its a stamp? I am really freaking out about infection, more so things like HIV and Hep. I know it may seem extremely odd to some people but I am a real bad germaphobe and I am wondering if this is plausable? The box had a few grammar mistakes and a search on the interenet said it is a Chinese product.

The stamp: [removed]

I bought the 1.5mm.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/07/2015 1:17 pm

You 100% don't have hiv from it because that virus doesn't survive on inanimate objects for more than a few hours. Hep viruses can survive longer in the perfect environment, preferably in liquid not dry surfaces.

I'm guessing the company is Chinese and not a UK company that outsources production. I think you're okay. I personally wouldn't worry, but I'm a hypochondriac so I understand you're worry.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/07/2015 5:38 pm

Make sure you sterilize it very well before needling. Also make sure you needle on a cleansed face. You'll be fine.

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 03/08/2015 10:51 pm

Unless someone else used it I don't know why you would think you'd get HIV from it. As the above user said just sterilize it each time you use it.