Notifications
Clear all

Please Help! Suggest A Treatment For My Scars

MemberMember
(@audis5)

Posted : 02/15/2015 1:04 am

Hello,

I have been getting cystic acne since I was 18 years old. My back, neck and my face are all scarred up from it. I have tried subcision ,non ablative fraxel laser and CO2 from Dr Rapaport in NJ. Supposably the best acne doctor around. My scarring has not changed a bit from before and I'm really frustrated after paying the doctor $4000 dollars cash.

Please let me know of something that will help my facial scars!

post-451187-0-23678900-1423980166.png

post-451187-0-75497800-1423980166.png

MemberMember
(@liberte)

Posted : 02/16/2015 3:31 am

I saw pretty nice results from TCA cross for icepick scars and I'd go for subcision too. Meanwhile try some needling every 6 weeks. You can get some nice results for less money.

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@audis5)

Posted : 02/16/2015 4:22 am

Thank you very much!

Do you know where I can possibly look to get that done?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/17/2015 10:36 am

Audis5, take a look at the owndoc.com forum....I'm a big derma stamp fan, it's cheap and it works....

and on this site there are many TCA reviews...I'm getting closer to doing this myself, mixing that in alternate time periods with the stamping

but do read up on needling to soften some of the scars, but I would think TCA cross would be a very big benefit for you

good luck, scars can be improved...just have to find what works for you

Thank you very much!

DeLovely and Audis5 liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 02/17/2015 3:55 pm

Seriously, Proactive? Are you effing kidding? ? You a bot or something? If you're a company shill, try being a little more subtle.

The dude doesn't have active acne, he's trying to improve his scars.

These look like mostly larger ice pick and boxcar scars. Like Mrs. Robinson said, I think TCA Cross should help, but there is some risk involved. Always do a test spot on a few scars before doing a huge procedure. Also, just from personal experience, it's easier to do smaller sections at a time versus the entire face, because you will not look presentable with many small red scabs all over your face.

Hey, saw the images shared by you. To reduce this you can use a simple treatment with http://www.proactiv.in/anti-acne-system.php .

This is one of the simplest ways to get ris of your skin problems at home. I have used it personally and have gt visible results.

MemberMember
(@audis5)

Posted : 02/17/2015 5:06 pm

Thank you Mrs.Robinson.

I tried TCA cross before with a tooth pick but wasn't sure how hard to push into the scar. I would push it to a point where it would start burning. Not sure if that is the correct method.

Best regards,

Audis5, take a look at the owndoc.com forum....I'm a big derma stamp fan, it's cheap and it works....

and on this site there are many TCA reviews...I'm getting closer to doing this myself, mixing that in alternate time periods with the stamping

but do read up on needling to soften some of the scars, but I would think TCA cross would be a very big benefit for you

good luck, scars can be improved...just have to find what works for you

Thank you very much!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@audis5)

Posted : 02/18/2015 1:32 pm

Thank you very much. I'm quite not sure of pre and after care of dermastamping. I definitely don't want to end up getting an infection. I have read many different threads with different approaches.

Like others have said, I'd also suggest starting with dermarolling/dermastamping, but with some sorta topical like copper peptides or maybe hyalouronic acid or something else.... you'll have to play around with which topical works best for you. I havent seen much improvement with dermastamping without using a topical, but since i started using topicals while and after I roll/stamp I'm seeing better improvement. And also keep your face moisturized while its healing . And maybe single needle some scars that need more attention. And I'd also recommend alternating the dermarolling with some sorta chemical peel or TCA cross like others have mentioned too.... just be careful with the peels and start off slow. I have no clue what your diet is like, but while trying to heal your scars, I highly recommend eating good food for the body so it has the resources to heal
You can look on realself.com too if you wanna find a doctor and look at reviews of procedures, I found it quite helpful in finding a doctor for when I had subcision done
Best of luck!! ^.^

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/22/2015 10:32 pm

When did you do the procedures with Dr Rapaport? Did he not have any other treatments for the pitted scars? Those don't sound like the right treatments for your type of scarring... I have been looking into going to him so would love more info!