Notifications
Clear all

A Big Mess

MemberMember
(@thomasvk01)

Posted : 02/08/2015 1:04 pm

Greetings,

A quick background on my acne and skincare history. Around two years ago I had moderate acne so I decided to do a treatment of accutane (which last 8 months), from March 2013 to October 2013. For about a year my skin was clear and I had little breakouts (very small) here and there but it was all fine with me. But last fall things started to get worst. I had some acne creeping back (pretty much on one side of my face), but it was not as bad as before my treatment of accutane. Still, because I was overly concerned about my skin, I decided to embark on a second treatment of accutane (yes, probably a stupid decision, but my dermatologist agreed). Because I couldn't deal with the side-effects of Accutane anymore I decided to quit the treatment around a week ago. So here's where I'm at: I have severe hyperpigmentation on one side of my face with a rash below my eye (it has been very cold where I live as of late so maybe it has to do with that?) and although I haven't had any pimple for a few weeks now (perhaps as the effects of those two weeks of accutane wane away I will get some), I am not sure what to do.

Out of desperation I ordered the Acne.org Regimen products and I started applying the products last night. But my issue is this: should I put it on even though I don't truly have acne anymore and just red scars (and a rash)? Perhaps if I add AHA in a month or so things will get better? What else could I do? I read about lemon juice but that seems a little sketchy. I'm really stuck and I'm sick and tired of my skin issues.

By the way, I'm still in my late puberty and acne is not something that my parents have had all their life (just in their teens), so it shouldn't be a lifelong issue.

Anyhow, if anyone could help, that would be great!

Cheers

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 02/08/2015 5:40 pm

Please don't put any lemon or lemon juice on your face,lemon is bad for acne,believe me I tried that when I was young.

I don't know the answer about using the acne.org Regimen , when your skin is still sensitive from Accutane use , maybe you can contact the acne.org support and ask.

I guess ,you probably have to let your skin calm down a little and after that if you start breaking out again then start the acne.org Regimen,as instructed,the aha has to be introduced later because it is an exfoliate,doing too much exfoliation to your face right now could be counterproductive.

Ask your dermatologist about a good moisturizer to calm the skin down and be careful if he suggest using a hydrocortisone or corticosteroids ,because long term use of these can thin out and damage your skin in the long run.

What I think is that maybe you are experiencing a bout of atopic dermatitis or eczema.

Take care, and talk to your dermatologist before putting anything on your face, since you are under medical care.

MemberMember
(@thomasvk01)

Posted : 02/08/2015 9:37 pm

Thanks for your reply, indeed I think I will wait before I start the regimen, and yes by doing further research I also realized lemon probably wasn't the best way to go, thank you again noche! Cheers