Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Got Rid Of 'orange Peel Texture' Skin / Large Pores?

MemberMember
(@piparini)

Posted : 02/06/2016 5:37 pm

Hi guys, iv never had acne but used to have really bad open pores especially on my nose. Plain greek yogurt makes a really good face mask and really tightens skin . Iv tried all expensive creams over the years and none worked. Try this , trust me it works and seemingly great to get rid of acne.

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 03/10/2017 11:07 pm

Anyone fix their texture?

Literally losing my mind over this issue

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/11/2017 3:55 am

This can also be from a poorly functioning thyroid or antidepressant medication messing up hormone levels. Also Excess Sebum-Oil produced by a damaged ""moisture barrier,"" look it up on Google. Over exfoliating, doing to many procedures that strip and exfoliate,sensitivity to cosmetic products, poor diet with sugar, dairy, carbs, and excess process foods - instead of fruits and veggies. Orange peel is caused by excess inflation in the body.Look at antioxidants and supplements to strengthen the thyroid.

Soaps and acids to open up the pore or dissolve sebum like salicylic acid - BHA, hydropeels are cheap and clean out pores derms/med spas, clay masks, etc.

Please goto my faq (below signature) goto the skin section, then orange peel, large pores and I list several treatments. Dr. Weiner in Florida has been using superficially dilute injected botox recently for acne and to close up pores. Others have had success with PRP injections and micro needling, acid peels, EGF serums and creams, HA serum, vitamin C serum, diets high in fat and protein. etc....

One new treatment is skin boosters, they are superficial injections of HA very close to the skin surface which gives moisture and stimulates collagen, I have seen great results with these. They can also be done with meso injections by tiny needles of serums.

Energy Based treatments are Several clear and brillant laser sessions, Fraxel 1927nm full density w/ c02 fractional laser 3-7% density and the highest power- stronger version C&B, rf needling, ematrix rf - sublative, picosure, and laser genesis which is a non ablative laser for skin turnover are other options.

http://www.consultingroom.com/Treatment/Restylane-Vital

Microdermabrasion, time, or Clear and Brilliant 1927

Some patients get grids, pores, and orange peel dude to treatments like erbium, hormones, diet, inflamationcomponent, but this settles in time, an aggressive microdermabrasion at 4 weeks or even small laser beams via Clear and Brillaint(very gentle laser, tiny beam, works on the skin surface, less power than even the effects of microneedling - takes many) 1927 Permea coupled with AHA after ( 5 days after) or a stronger treatment instead is Fraxel 1927nm full density with co2 laser, will help smooth out the face. This will subside in time. All the best, Dr Davin S. Lim.

The cancer cells clog the lymphatics that drain the skin, this causes the skin to swell producing skin puckering which is described as "peak d'orange" or skin of an orange. This term has been borrowed in cosmetic surgery to describe several phenomena, none of which are remotely related to cancer of the breast or any other cancer. One application is to describe fine dimpling in the chin that is seen is some women. This has really nothing to do with the lymph system. It is actually caused by the action of the muscle in the chin on the skin. Both botox and fillers are helpful for these issues.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD

What is peau d'orange?

Peaud'orange (French for orange peel skin) is caused by cutaneous lymphedema which results in swelling of the skin.The skin is tethered by sweat ducts or connections to muscle that produces dimples in the skin like that of an orange.
As we age we lose collagen and our pores become more visible. This is more significant when sebum is clogging the pores.

I'msorryyouhavehadthisproblemfromyoulasertreatmentofacnescars.Anyonewhohascloselyfollowedmyanswersoverthepasthalfdozenormoreyearswillnotbesurprised.Ihaverepeatedlyemphasizedthatlasers,includingfraxels,aswellasotherlightandenergy-baseddevicescontinuetobefarmoresupportedbymachinemanufacturersupportedmarketinghypethanhardscience.Atthisjuncture,itwouldappearfromthephotosthatyouhavescatteredpitscars,aswellasnumerousenlargedpores.TCACROSSwould beasimple,effective,andrelativelyinexpensiveapproachtodealingwiththeresidualpitscars.Ifthesurroundingdilatedporesareanissue,microneedlingwould beanothersimple,quick,relativelyinexpensive,andtriedandtrueoptionforthis.

MemberMember
(@tomwaits)

Posted : 05/05/2017 12:11 pm

i have a very very large pores too I think moistrizing makes larger them when i moistrize my faces my pores wide open ever than before , now i'm only use imex crem and soap this makes my pores smaller , sorry for my english

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 11/07/2017 5:38 am

Curious how everyone that posted on this thread is doing now? I'm dealing with orange peel skin texture and inflammation from over exfoliation and Retin A. Anyone heal?

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/07/2017 11:12 am

Would TCA peels works for this?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/07/2017 1:20 pm

What else can realy snooth your skin out?only something that can make your skin turn over faster,promotes healthier fibres and if its a mid to deep peel can promote collagen growth.

If done right tca can work wonders for your skin.its inexpensive when done yourself,if you want real noticable improvement it takes time,it takes month after month of treatment and if you do strong peels (recommended) it takes 28 days from application to heal,so 28 days of waiting till next treatment.

couple it with tca cross for larger scarred pores,ice picks and smaller boxcar and you will definately see improvement.

always read up,theres a faq on site,everything peels and just perform it cleanly and safely following the guide lines.
:)

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 11/08/2017 5:57 am

What my dermatologist explained to me was that this was caused by overactive sebaceous glands, which are dilated due to oil production (kinda makes sense actually). What she prescribed to me was very low dose isotretinoin -- not for acne, but to minimize oil production (10mg per day) and retinoic acid as well as niacinamide to smoothen the complexion.

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 11/09/2017 6:29 am

Thanks for your replies guys. I'm looking for a good barrier repair cream or oil. I did read the FAQ section but I couldn't imagine doing tca cross to my whole face plus that the pores are pin prick holes so not sure how that would work. HA boosters look interesting but it's still very early out for me and I heard you need to wait a year and a half after the damage to really see what you're left with and give time for your barrier to repair itself naturally. I was hoping some of the older posters would update us on how they are doing now. I hope everyone gets through this unscathed.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/09/2017 7:09 am

@Yola4You don't do them all over, you do them a few at a time, and cover with makeup (TCA Cross).

Another option is Infini RF microneedling which shrinks the pores

The cheapest thing you can try first is those clairsonic brushes and some cetaphil to clean out the gunk from the pores and see if they will clean up, with a acid peel or two thrown in between. IF the pores are deep whatever it is must get under the pit and be strong enough.

This is one area clear and brilliant a fraxel product or fraxel shines in for pores.

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/09/2017 6:01 pm

@Yola4 A few people claim to have gotten rid their texture with microneedling. I also suffer from orange peel texture, and plan to start microneedling soon so I'll keep you posted.

Yola4 liked
MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/12/2017 6:37 pm

This reply from Dr. Novick gives a good overview of why microneedling is helpful for orange peel texture https://www.realself.com/question/orange-peel-skin-and-open-pores-my-nose-cheeks-and-imy-eyebrows

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 11/13/2017 3:25 am

Lmk how you do with microneedling. I've done that in the past when my skin was in good condition but then this happened so not sure what created this look. Keep me posted! And everyone reading this or dealing with this...just to be safe get bloodwork done and get a skin scraping if this condition came out of nowhere. There's so many things that can cause this like an over abundance of demodex mites (gross I know), fungal/Candida infections, barrier issues from over exfoliation, rosacea, dermatitis, ect.

ailaeshiz liked
MemberMember
(@nyc7)

Posted : 02/03/2018 3:42 pm

On 11/13/2017 at 3:25 AM, Yola4 said:

Lmk how you do with microneedling. I've done that in the past when my skin was in good condition but then this happened so not sure what created this look. Keep me posted! And everyone reading this or dealing with this...just to be safe get bloodwork done and get a skin scraping if this condition came out of nowhere. There's so many things that can cause this like an over abundance of demodex mites (gross I know), fungal/Candida infections, barrier issues from over exfoliation, rosacea, dermatitis, ect.

I have it too from one ipl treatment

what I can say you should NOT do , is any laser or light therapy , peels , exfoiliation, needling , no actives , no acuds , no acne creams . Your barrier is destroyed , your epidermis is badly damaged . Your dermis has damage .

anyone telling you to go 'close your pores' with chemicals and treatments , is using this board to promote cosmetic treatments and thsts often what is behind these boards , so be aware

I can assure you that if you do any of these things , you will get worse . Your only chance is to do nothing and let the skin self repair . No topivaks , no wasninb , no makeup , nothing .

Takr flax seed oil, fish oil, vit d & e, zinc (30mg max), juice every single day , drink fresh grapefruit juice in the morning and make a vegetable juice in the evening . Eat salmon , whole grains and a ton of fruits and vegetables . No sugar and no processed pods. 5 glassses of water a day . Exercise . Don't look at your face , don't touch your face and do not think about your face .

do this for 6 months straight and you will see improvement . Do it for 1 year straight and you may hsve very little damage remaining

never, ever use any exfoiliants, not even a wash rag, no actives, no retinol, notjinb at all. I know some people on this board struggle with acne and in that case consult a dr abiut oral meds but leave the skin alone .

i have very long way to go after ipl damage , even the butcher dr said she saw dialated pores , it's so shocking for your skin to look so gross overnight . But I've done what I said about and the progression has stopped . I can see some skin is coming in, my face is not burning constantly , I'm sure my damage is worse so maybe you can't relate to some of this but my skin doesn't want anything on it

I saw 3 three other derms , thr expensive ones, and one told me do nothing which I already realized myself but her saying it let me know it was the only chance .

Do nothing on the outside and spend time doing the inside . Your chances are high if you take this approach . Try some product on your face and you'll get worse

in the future , you can't exfoliate or use acids or any of this stuff . You now know your skin is truly sensitive and gets badly inflsmned . Your skincare routine in the future should consist of only 2 things , light cream cleanser to be used only a few times a week and a light cream with no actives to use a few times s week. Thsts it, don't bother looking what's new , you can't use it.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/03/2018 5:06 pm

I've had some serious track marks after Infini, which is whole lot worse than mere orange texture. Applying a potion made of aloe vera gel + serrapeptase helped clear it up.

Nyc7 liked
MemberMember
(@nyc7)

Posted : 02/04/2018 1:54 am

8 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

I've had some serious track marks after Infini, which is whole lot worse than mere orange texture. Applying a potion made of aloe vera gel + serrapeptase helped clear it up.

I don't know , both are bad , it's like a shiny hologram , in swirls , everywhere ! Like wax skin too . Why is it wax?! My skin was smooth like a normal human now there are these tiny squares everywhere , are those track marks ? No one seems to have had any luck with orange peel . I think if it's from retin a damage , there is hope , laser and ipl are trash and leave permanent damage , it's like you're melted . My skin can't tolerate anything even 2 months later , it's like my skin is make of paint and wax . So I've been using nothing which is what the new derm told me to do . I don't know , it's scary because everyone says to moisturize but it looks like hell and doesn't want moisturizer .

Did alk the infini damage resolve ? Thanks for the input , I'm glad you were saved

8 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Is serrapeotase an oral supplement?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/04/2018 3:29 am

2 hours ago, Nyc7 said:

Is serrapeotase an oral supplement?

Yes it's an oral supplement, but I simply pull the cap apart and pour the powder into the aloe vera gel, then apply the batch to the face. Anyway, I've been taking serrapeptase both orally and topically and all the grid marks, including the redness, are gone. Good luck!

BTW the major reason you have the orange texture in the first place is because your skin is now super thin. Here are some supplements that can aid in skin rejuvenation. First, Vitamin A and Omega-3 are essential. You can also add in amino acids like L-lysine, which help boost collagen, and N-acetylcysteine (better known as NAC), which helps with skin pigmentation issues.

Nyc7 liked
MemberMember
(@nyc7)

Posted : 02/04/2018 11:31 am

7 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
Yes it's an oral supplement, but I simply pull the cap apart and pour the powder into the aloe vera gel, then apply the batch to the face. Anyway, I've been taking serrapeptase both orally and topically and all the grid marks, including the redness, are gone. Good luck!

BTW the major reason you have the orange texture in the first place is because your skin is now super thin. Here are some supplements that can aid in skin rejuvenation. First, Vitamin A and Omega-3 are essential. You can also add in amino acids like L-lysine, which help boost collagen, and N-acetylcysteine (better known as NAC), which helps with skin pigmentation issues.

Correct , I had thick in a good way olive skin and now it's like I hsve no skin, thin is an understatement . I also have waxy skin . Im a monster . My skin can't tolerate anything so I stopped trying . I think
she burned me pretty bad , I hsve gDid marks everywhere , it's shiny but these tiny squares perfectly symmetrical and perfectly spaced that like a net over the other damage whigb is waxy skin , giant pores and dusgustimb texture , I'm most upset about the texture , it looks like a collage of scars and lines, when I look at my photos she took and I took the day before , I want to die . I'll never be that again and honestly I will die if I stay like this . I can't go on hiding in an apartment , afraid of my own reflection , afraid water will get on my face and burn and make me worse . I can't even wash my face . I just got to the point in not bright red anymore and the hives have slowed down , for hives 24 hrs later and had them near constantly for 7 weeks .
All i kmow is that I'm ruined , i thinm
she melted me . I tried using pure aloe Vera a few weeks back and my face turned red so bad and blood came under the skin like when you scrape your knee . It's not the aloe , something is very wrong bevayde ipl and lasers are trash and so is the dr who went allover my face when it was very limited area that I wanted treated whigb was dumb if me to even do that . I hsve no good skin left , she even went on my chin! My nose ! My entire forehead ffs. I hsve no natural skin left .

my skin is thin like a 90 year old who was starved and left to die in the sun , not any 90 year old . But I think it's also melted . I don't know how to thibjrn my skin bsck or if it's even possible after this damage .

she gave me both hypo and hyper p so I don't want to use anythibb affecting pigment bevaude thsts usually to help hyper p and I'm more upset about the hypo . I'll look into the other supplements

so you had only. Track marks ? Not that. It's not bad but trying to get a sense of what resolved bevaude apparently no one ever got better that I've found on any board. We had texture chsnges , weird lines and pieces of designs on our faces . It looks so super ugly , 3D

MemberMember
(@nyc7)

Posted : 02/06/2018 3:02 am

OK, I'm still trying to figure this out but I think like someone said , your skin is very thin now. Barrier damaged and epidermis damaged. Do not exfoiliate , can't stress that enough . All the stuff we used got us the orange peel. I'm on the do nothing plan and will report back . Nothing goes on the face , plenty I'm doing internally which i already mentioned above . If there is any hope , it's letting the epidermis and barrier repair , don't interfere , don't add inflammation . After 12 days , some of the giant pores are smaller , I thought I was imagining but after a close inspection today, it's confirmed . I need more progress to say for sure but I still have orange peel allover thanks to ipl .

I notice people are calling 2 different things orange peel, one is where there are big pores concentrated in an area and the other is that gross swirly , weird color , bizarre thing . I'm talking about the latter and a guy on here has photos with his eyes covered and he has orange peel . It comes on from retin a , laser , killing your barrier and epidermis .

MemberMember
(@jessicabee)

Posted : 02/17/2018 12:39 am

Have you had any luck NYC7? Ive gotten weird texture also from differin, and did a microneedling session which has left other damage. Im trying to restore the skin barrier so have been looking at different products. Im wondering how things are going with you not using anything?

MemberMember
(@nyc7)

Posted : 02/17/2018 5:09 pm

16 hours ago, JessicaBee said:

Have you had any luck NYC7? Ive gotten weird texture also from differin, and did a microneedling session which has left other damage. Im trying to restore the skin barrier so have been looking at different products. Im wondering how things are going with you not using anything?

The damage from retinols is bad, however, you can heal a lot. With ipl the damage is progressive . You won't lose elastin or fat and your eyes won't be damaged and you won't have many of the texture issues ipl causes so don't be overwhelmed

definitely don't do any needling or use any actives or exfoiliate . If you put nothing on your face and don't wash it, you will see a lot of improvement in 6 months but you have to use nothing. Products won't help, you're adding inflammation and impeding the healing process. No makeup . You can do a few splashes of filtered water every 10 days and gently pat dry.

A lot of peoolr keep putting things on their face and don't see improvement . Or they think they can exfoiliate it away, you can't. You may get bsck to baseline or maybe 70% better .

in the future , don't ever exfoiliate again and stay away from actives , or it will happen again .

as for me, I had ipl so I won't be getting better . The damage is like nothing I've ever imagined or seen before and I never wanted it allover my face , the dermatologist is a sick pervert and forced it becayde they know what it does and then the texture all looks bad. I saw other dr's and they said the settings were too high but the fact is, everyone comes away looking worse and some don't notice ! They're too busy looking at some flaw they think is gone but then several months later wonder why they have red marks or scars or their face looks flat. Most people notice , it happens in several weeks where it's night and day then it just keeps going . 23 year olds that hsve to get fat Grafts and fillers and still look 45.

Stsy away from all of it. After 6 months to a year of doing nothing , i would choose a very simple moisturizer with no actives if you must use one and stick to limiting your face washing maybe a few times a week. If you have acne I can bet with 6 months of leaving your face alone , it will be a lot better

take the supplements too

i hsve to say a lot of the ipl damage people look even worse because they keep putting things on their face . Do not use honey , it's drying and will make you worse , the things they try out of desperation is sad and damaging .

i had minor improvement when I ceased all attempts at moisturizing and washing . Some of the skin came bsck . However , so much damage I can't stand it . I had good skin but 2 small dark patches on my upper lip whigb I should hsve just ignored now my face is an orange peel with swirls and running tiny holes . Also big holes that a dr told me are pores! Weird grid marks from the ipl. Designs . And now for the first time I do have acne! I have several zits , like the ones that are red with a white top. They just sit there . Don't pick at anything or you will scar

keep us posted. I really think you can turn this around if you leave your face alone , if you want to 'do something ', drink water and juice and take fish oil and flax seed oil everyday .

MemberMember
(@a-tasmanian-fish)

Posted : 03/26/2018 7:00 pm

Hi there.

I saw this thread a very long time ago because I have been suffering withvery very bad orange peel skin. Almost every pore in my face looked like a shallow depression or a blackhead. Makeup would sink into the pores and look awful. I get breakouts as well so it has been so hard to find something that will prevent pizza face without making my pores more damaged.

I tried so many things. Retinol, niacinamide, emu oil, jojoba oil, aloe vera, salicylic acid peels and lotions, glycolic acid peels and lotions. Expensive salon treatments and needling...I could go on. I tried each method for months at a time to make sure it was or wasn't working.

The only thing that has begun to make my orange peel texture go away has been NEEM OIL. My skin is not sensitive so I use it undiluted. My morning routine has just been using neem oil then applying an inexpensive moisturizer with spf 15.

I find that I no longer need to cleanse my face every day with a wash or use acne treatments because the neem oil is preventing breakouts. I figure needing to wash less is also helping to heal my pores. I slather it on day and night and in between.

I didn't really expect much because it is inexpensive but I have found that this humble, foul-smelling oil has absolutely changed my face. It took a few weeks for my results, but I did notice my skin felt better right away. Might not work for everyone but it worked for me and wanted to share.

(If you try this, be careful with all oils, some people are allergic. Do a spot test first on your arm.)

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 07/11/2018 5:37 pm

Hi A Tasmanian fish,
Can I ask what caused your sudden orange peel texture? I heard neem oil isn't good for sensitive damaged skin so I'm kind of scared to try it. Maybe diluted? But yet it's so useful for burns. So much controversial information out there! I'm glad you're doing better!

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 09/21/2018 5:00 pm

On 2/3/2018 at 5:06 PM, Sirius Lee said:

Idon't see how you can possibly call orange peel skin "mere orange peel" especially in comparison to track marks that go away. Not only is this comment ridiculous it's also diminishing a serious problem. People have taken their lives over this issue so let's try to be a little more understanding of the severity of this condition. Whats even worse is most of the people suffering with this are perpetually inflamed and you cannot do any treatments on inflamed skin.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/22/2018 11:11 pm

Track marks @Yola4are indeed seen with powerful devices- Infini, high energy Co2 (Ultrapulse), large diameter laser beam such as erbium Profactional , and even microneedling. You are correct, this issue is more than ' skin deep', the solution is to see a good dermatologist, who understands this condition. The solution is complex- too much skin care can cause inflammation, worsening the pores and texture. Hence balance the retinoid solution according to your progress. Objective, not subjective- hence photos. A good dermatologist will use small beam diode over Thulium driven 1927 - Clear and Brilliant over Fraxel. Start conservatively, then increase passes. Peels not a good idea. LAST resort is fully ablative laser- followed by vascular. I wish you well.