Notifications
Clear all

How To Heal Pimple That Scabbed?

MemberMember
(@whyem)

Posted : 09/15/2014 9:19 pm

Hi,

Long time sufferer of acne here.

- The other day i noticed a red bump about an inch wide. Fearing the incoming of a cyst i applied mario badescu buffering lotion.

- next day a tiny white head appeared under the skin so that same night i once again applied the lotion.

- next day the white head surfaced, once again i applied the lotion.

- The next day the white head turned into a scab! the scab is much bigger than the original white head. i never touch or mess with my pimples. This is the first time a pimple turned into a scab like that.

I am worried that once this scab falls off i will be left with a red mark that will last for years or worse, another acne scar indentation.

Any advice on how to treat the wound once the scab falls?

Thank you in advance

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/16/2014 1:04 am

Slap on some polysporin/neosporin and a bandaid! Leave it on over night and in the morning it should be healed over, unless it's a fairly big wound then maybe not, but pretty darn close to healed. Still leaves a small pink mark, but it's only hyperpigmentation that goes away fairly quickly and doesn't leave and actual scar. Has worked every time for me and hasn't made me break out in the surrounding area or anything. :)

MemberMember
(@whyem)

Posted : 09/18/2014 12:36 pm

Thanks for the reply!

The scab has finally fell off after a few days. Now, weirdly, there's a raised bump where the scab used to be...

Will this bump flatten over time?

I get extra paranoid about these things..

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/20/2014 4:51 pm

Thanks for the reply!

The scab has finally fell off after a few days. Now, weirdly, there's a raised bump where the scab used to be...

Will this bump flatten over time?

I get extra paranoid about these things..

If it was like any other pimple, it'll flatten out over time. I find that when you don't pick at it or whatever, it won't leave as much of a mark but the "bump" takes longer to go away. I think it's just because the pus has to drain from that area since you haven't picked an opening for it to leave that way. But I'd rather the little bump than hyperpigmentation.

If it doesn't shrink or completely go away by a week then maybe it's something else.