Notifications
Clear all

What Treatment Would Suit Me Best?

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 08/09/2014 11:00 am

Hey everybody,

I would really appreciate and advice on which treatment I should use for my deep rolling scars. I am terribly afraid of fraxel or any kind of laser resurfacing since I kinda feel that it would break me out (the scarred area often feels like it's about to break out, but never really does, I just get get tiny red spots that I eliminate with Epidou or other creams). I read the reviews of other people and it often seems to give them cystic pimples. Besides, any kind of exfoliation is "threatening" to break me out as well, even if it's some good quality exfoliation cream I use at home (for example Dermatologica's exfoliator), so I assume chemical peeling would make it worse as well.

Would fillers or subscision suit these kind of scars? Can they make my skin break out? Or maybe I should choose something else?

This area seems to be infected since a very young age, since it's the only area on my face where I got the worst acne that left deep scars. Got clear since I got on Yasmin+Spiro.

Please share your opinion and advice, these scars makes me feel very ugly and they are visible in all the pictures that are taken of me. ;(

post-195265-0-78888500-1407599887.jpg

post-195265-0-78888500-1407599887.jpg

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/10/2014 8:23 am

You scars are too few to take any drastic action like Re:pair. Perhaps advocates of subcision, dermrolling or fillers will come forward. Re:pair would definitely help you, but that is a huge step considering your scars. I only advocate Re:pair, but it is expensive, and I only recommend it to people with more extensive scarring. I don't think spot treating with Re:pair is a good idea. The scars on the side of you face would treat rather easy while the ones near your mouth would be more difficult. You don't have scars in the most difficult area, which is the cheek.

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 08/10/2014 9:29 am

You scars are too few to take any drastic action like Re:pair. Perhaps advocates of subcision, dermrolling or fillers will come forward. Re:pair would definitely help you, but that is a huge step considering your scars. I only advocate Re:pair, but it is expensive, and I only recommend it to people with more extensive scarring. I don't think spot treating with Re:pair is a good idea. The scars on the side of you face would treat rather easy while the ones near your mouth would be more difficult. You don't have scars in the most difficult area, which is the cheek.

Thanks Dudley!

Yup, I thought harsh lasers could be a bit too much, since it's the only place I have scars and they are kinda soft still. Thought about trying some fillers, but then the effect wouldn't be permanent... I am only planning to treat the scars next to my mouth though, as they are more visible. The ones closer to my ear I don't care so much about, they can stay.

Well, I hope someone can share some information about fillers and/or subscision