Notifications
Clear all

Extremely Confused

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 07/23/2014 10:18 am

So I have some red marks left over, and enlarged pore lines. Everyone I know says the marks are level and that there are no indents. My sister thinks that the impression of indents is caused by an optical illusion with the reddness and pore lines

my dermatologist says they are indented though. He didn't look at it as thoroughly as everyone else, and when I said it could just be porelines. Etc, he reluctantly said "maybe your right". Maybe that was his way of ending the conversation though and he didn't mean it

so who should I believe? You don't really need to be a dermatologist to tell if something is indented or not right?

as for my opinion, I still cant tell. I don't think I have them but I doubt. Makeup doesn't really cover the red marks so it looks the same with or without.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 07/23/2014 10:47 am

indents can look different in differnt lighting, in some lighting they are hardly noticeable.

use a torch and just go over all the possible angles?

when i had scars they would look bad when i was side on to a window whilst kneeling on the floor, the edges of the scars would look quite harsh and obvious...just check, i hope you dont have any indents, they can be quite depressing to have :/

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/23/2014 6:15 pm

Redness can make any indented scars look 10x worse, especially if the scars are shallow. I wouldn't judge yet until the redness is completely gone, but it is possible you have some mild scarring. Bonsai77 is right about lighting...in some lighting my skin looks flawless, in other lighting it's absolutely awful and my scars look very deep (sunlight for example).

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 07/24/2014 9:04 am

My skin looks even in all lightings, and better in sunlight. When I was camping I even had two people shine a flashlight on my face when it was dark and they both confirmed there were no indents even of the shallowest kind.

Is it possible that my dermatologist is just plain wrong? As the redness goes away he says the 'indents' are getting shallower. Maybe he is mistaking blotchy red (more look purple) and enlarged pores for indents. There seems to be an opticial illusion at play and he only looks at my face for 5 seconds, where my sister literally looked at it everyday for almost half a year now and she says its even.

you'd think this would be simple enough to determine.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/24/2014 10:34 am

i mean you can always take a picture in bad lightning and show us ? .. to determine if you really wanna know

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 07/24/2014 1:45 pm

I have no access to a camera atm but there are other pictures of my face on this site. Although, the red marks have faded since then.

I just want to know how much a dermatologists opinion should weigh in on this matter, if 6 different people said they are not indented.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/24/2014 2:51 pm

I have no access to a camera atm but there are other pictures of my face on this site. Although, the red marks have faded since then.

I just want to know how much a dermatologists opinion should weigh in on this matter, if 6 different people said they are not indented.

maybe you have shallow rolling scars under the red marks

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 07/24/2014 3:08 pm

But I asked everyone to check for all types of indents and they said there were none, except for the derm. Is it possible that red marks can only look indented but in reality not be? Sorry for the persistent questions but I have been trying to determine what they are since March and I am getting very tired of this :(

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/24/2014 4:23 pm

But I asked everyone to check for all types of indents and they said there were none, except for the derm. Is it possible that red marks can only look indented but in reality not be? Sorry for the persistent questions but I have been trying to determine what they are since March and I am getting very tired of this

noone here knows just based off words

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/25/2014 9:00 pm

I have scarring on either side of my chin that doesn't "look" like scarring but the texture is uneven and there is what appears to be a flat "shadow" that in some lighting looks odd...but not indented. It just looks like very dull unhealthy skin and can't be covered with makeup. I wonder if this is what you're talking about?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/25/2014 9:45 pm

Yeah I remember your pics and you had no scarring then and probably not now. If they haven't shown up in the last 5 months I doubt they'd appear out of nowhere. You should take a breath and relax a little.

MemberMember
(@annabolton)

Posted : 07/27/2014 10:24 am

have the same thing but I sure mine are indents...