Notifications
Clear all

Anxiety About My Scars

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/16/2014 8:00 pm

My acne has been very bad lately and it has started to scar a bit. Right now I have some very shallow scars. I'd say they're probably boxcar scars. This might sound stupid, but I am having severe anxiety about them and I'm having a very negative "I'll be scarred for life" attitude. Has anyone here had any luck treating scars like the ones I described? Or maybe just have some comforting words? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/16/2014 8:02 pm

good news is you can fix or improve alot of scars ...bad news is your gonna die someday

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/16/2014 8:03 pm

If they are very shallow I wouldn't worry too much. Those can be very easy to treat! It's the deeper ones that can be stubborn.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/16/2014 8:10 pm

good news is you can fix or improve alot of scars ...bad news is your gonna die someday

If they are very shallow I wouldn't worry too much. Those can be very easy to treat! It's the deeper ones that can be stubborn.

Thanks guys. How would you suggest improving shallow scars?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/16/2014 8:31 pm

tca peels ...see a derm find out what your options are

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/16/2014 9:08 pm

I'm working on these exact scars, I think similar ones to those you are referring to (shallow scars): - http://share.pho.to/6ASZD - the scars located towards the bottom caused by retin a from the purge or the initial breakout. Note: I'm still using retin a to this day because I believe in it.

Dermarolling/Tca Peel Combo. Update coming in a few weeks

http://drdobryrx.com/cosmetic-dermatology/micro-needle-peel-new/

shallow scars are easiest to treat :)

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/22/2014 10:37 pm

tca peels ...see a derm find out what your options are

What results have you experienced from TCA peels?

I'm working on these exact scars, I think similar ones to those you are referring to (shallow scars): - http://share.pho.to/6ASZD - the scars located towards the bottom caused by retin a from the purge or the initial breakout. Note: I'm still using retin a to this day because I believe in it.

Dermarolling/Tca Peel Combo. Update coming in a few weeks

http://drdobryrx.com/cosmetic-dermatology/micro-needle-peel-new/

shallow scars are easiest to treat

Please keep us updated on your progress!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/22/2014 11:09 pm

If your acne is getting worse and worse it may be time to at least consider Accutane. Preventing is way easier than trying to fix scarring.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/23/2014 4:51 am

ive had good results on my sun damaged skin but all the deep scars are still there after 4 peels

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 07/23/2014 8:25 am

i had a boxscar right in the middle of my nose once...i needled and it has gone after a long time, a year of continuous needling.

dont underestimate the healing capacity of the skin, some of mine have almost vanised with very little treatment.

I like needling best for scars, professionally at first then i brought a dermaroller. I have had dermastamp too. They work best for me. Lasers did not help me at all, but everyones skin is different.

i wish you luck.

scars are not as obvious as you think, you focus on them because you know its there but many people do not care.

they dont make you ugly or define you, its superficial but i know it can be destressing.

scars are not always permanent

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 10/20/2014 6:57 pm

I'm still struggling with severe anxiety about my scars. I have a few ice picks and very shallow boxcar scars on my cheeks. Has anyone had any success treating these type of scars? I'm feeling hopeless and like they'll always be there :(

MemberMember
(@desperatesweetdee)

Posted : 10/21/2014 4:36 am

Honey, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I too have suffered a lot of anxiety as a result of my scars. As a woman, it is a very difficult thing to have scars on your face bc it's so hard to hide them. I've hid away from the world due to my anxiety. Some days are better than others, but I would give anything to have the skin I used to have before I messed it up with laser treatments.

I'm now trying the oil cleansing method, I'm on day 2, so nothing to report as of yet, but i'm hopeful having seen some positive reviews online. I'll def let the board know if i have any success.

Just know that what you are feeling isn't weird and that you are not alone. I also tend to find that we are our own toughest critics. Some people that post pictures here, I find myself wondering why they think they have it bad to begin with. From reading your post, it seems like you don't have it that bad if its's just a few scars.

We are here for you as a community. Keep your head up!