Notifications
Clear all

How Can I Do A Search?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 07/12/2014 7:30 pm

Seriously, has the option to do a search on this forum been removed?

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 07/12/2014 9:52 pm

Search only goes back a set period of time now. You can't search all posts. I use Google. Simply type site:acne.org followed by your search term, like this:

site:acne.org subcision

As long as Google has crawled the page, it will appear.

site:acne.org must be all lowercase for Google to return only acne.org results.

Silly that acne.org limited everyone's ability to do research. The site used to be a great resource. If they are worried about bandwidth or using too many server resources, then I wish they would find a better way to manage it. There is always a way. Why limit a valuable tool?

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 07/13/2014 3:16 am

The Google search works alright but I prefer the advanced search available here. It has more options to refine the search (search only titles, only archives, only live content, only topics with at least xx posts, etc)

You type the word you want at top of this page (first line, beside the acne.org symbol) and press 'enter'. Then you'll see the results for the ordinary search, that is set to a limited period of time. Then you look for the yellow button ADVANCED SEARCH, at the sixth line of the page. Maybe you'll have to select the 'forum' results before this last step.

I hope it works. It has worked for me.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 07/13/2014 9:46 am

I take back what I said. Appears they fixed Search. I last tried it a few months ago and you couldn't get results more than 180 days old. I was actually trying it by PM with someone else at the forum and neither of us could get older threads but it is working now.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 07/19/2014 12:01 pm

Thank you! :) Sorry for the late reply, I just saw your comments.