Notifications
Clear all

Next Step

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 07/08/2014 2:04 pm

Hi all can you give me some advice on what my next steps should be based on Dr Chus advice

He feels TCA cross is best for me but i feel i still need more subscision and fillers?

You guys are all knowledgable so what do you recommend, thankyou.

post-374044-0-00690000-1404846258_thumb.

post-374044-0-00690000-1404846258_thumb.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/08/2014 3:17 pm

Has he already done TCA Cross on you? I don't see many boxcar or icepick scars, which is what TCA cross is used mainly for. To me, I see 2 or 3 very soft rolling scars. Looks like subcision and a tiny bit of filler would be more effective. Your overall skin is excellent except for a 2-3 minor scars. I'd say go to another doctor, because this guy seems stubborn and not listening to you the patient.

Show him these exact pictures, instead of relying on office lighting. At this point, I show them the worst pictures with the most severe lighting and I am not shy about getting my point across exactly. Be polite but forceful because you are paying your hard earned money. If he's being stubborn, vote with you dollar and find another doctor.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 07/08/2014 7:48 pm

I wouldn't really do anything, your skin is fine.

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 07/09/2014 2:04 am

Hey blah blah. What he did was stretch them out and when i do that they do go flat.. And he said that means untethered?

I do have TINY boxcar scars but you'd never see from a photo.. They lie along the indent lines..

I was virtually saying please can you subscise and he was adamant all i needed was TCA. Which by the way has done nothing :(

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/09/2014 3:23 pm

Didn't you get subcision before? Did you see some improvement from that?

TCA Cross requires multiple sessions, but it just doesn't seem like the right course of action here. If they flatten completely then yes they are untethered which means you can fill them directly. Go to someone who listens, and just get some light subcision and filler. Like I have said before, your case is so minor that it should be a slam dunk. This should be a very simple and quick fix so you can move on with your life. It's not worth living in anguish like you clearly are especially when it's this "easy" to fix.

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 07/09/2014 4:26 pm

You are totally right blah. I am living in a lot of misery and im starting to feel it won't ever improve, which is silly i know.

I said to Dr Chu when i go back that I want filler in there to help it. So hopefully they will subscise too..

The first subscision at first i thought did nothing but when i retrospectively look back it did a lot! You just dont realise at the time i guess..

Dr Chu clearly hasn't seen the scars under the correct light though as in some lights they are fine then others they look worse so I'll take some photos to prove myself.

Apparently he is fabulous at Subscision so i desperately want him to try!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/09/2014 7:26 pm

Yes, do not be shy at all in expressing your concerns. I actually went to a follow up today for a procedure I had a few months ago. I got decent improvement but am still having issues related to this procedure. When the doctor looked at me in office lighting he said that there was great improvement, which there has. I showed him pictures from several angles with harsh lighting to illustrate my point. Then I told him to use the overhead lighting instead of the office lighting, which is way too forgiving. He then said he saw what I was talking about.

Point is, you need to be direct, forceful, but polite. Other people do not see your problem areas the way you see them.

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 07/26/2014 4:52 am

Had subscision Wednesday by Dr Chu, am so much more bruised than last time.. Is this good? I know subscision results take time so trying to ignore it at the moment. Here are done photos of the bruising. I came up with loads of spots and rashes after the treatment does anybody know why?

post-374044-0-53835900-1406368306_thumb.

post-374044-0-42858900-1406368329_thumb.

post-374044-0-53835900-1406368306_thumb.

post-374044-0-42858900-1406368329_thumb.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/26/2014 8:00 am

Swelling and bruising is normal. Sometimes the trauma of the subcision procedure may irritate and cause a break out. I'd also monitor this closely so that it is not a possible infection.

Did he do subcision on all the areas with irritation? I only remember you having some very minor scarring near your mouth. I'd keep an eye on the irritation and call the doctor if you suspect something is not going right.

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 07/26/2014 10:36 am

No you are correct scarring is only by mouth and middle of cheek. I have had an outrageous breakout! Seems odd.. But is going down now!

Is the bruising a good thing?