Notifications
Clear all

Will Glycolic Peel Fix My Acne Marks?

MemberMember
(@unfkozmo2400)

Posted : 06/17/2014 10:12 pm

Hi, ive had a few cystic acne before so I visit my dermatologist and had a simple acne removal threatment that includes painful needle-like pain. Fortunately the irritating pimples have gone away and only a few of them ar left (i counted and theres only 2 left) but now my main problem is my acne marks/scars. They are so red and It makes me deppressed and feel embarrased when talking to people. Its been there for 3 weeks and its slowly (really slow) fading. The fading is noticable but the marks are still there and they are really red. So I told my mom about it and she agreed to go to my dermatologist and ask whats for the best. But now Im thinking about mild peel, do you think it will remove my acne marks? Or is there other therapy that is better for removing marks? By the way im 15 and Im doing it on friday. I can go absnt on monday to have a 3 day rest. Btw the pictures youll see is all pimple marks and 3 of them is a pimple. I know I look bad so pls help me.

post-403677-0-37729900-1403060661_thumb.

post-403677-0-84305400-1403061092_thumb.

post-403677-0-37729900-1403060661_thumb.

post-403677-0-84305400-1403061092_thumb.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/21/2014 9:15 pm

should try a tca peel 25% but you might break out cause you still have active acne but it will kill all the acne and reduce blemish marks very well

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 06/24/2014 12:50 am

No acid wont do anything for red marks but make them more red, temporarily. Red marks are not the same as pih, this is the biggest misconception on this website by far. Red marks are blood underneath the skin at the site of healing after the acne has done its damage. Its basically inflammation, and no acid peel will strip these red marks away as they are deep underneath the skin. I would strongly advise against all peels considering the state your skin is in. My skin looked like yours once, and the only thing that will help those marks is time and being healthy.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/24/2014 8:54 am

No acid wont do anything for red marks but make them more red, temporarily. Red marks are not the same as pih, this is the biggest misconception on this website by far. Red marks are blood underneath the skin at the site of healing after the acne has done its damage. Its basically inflammation, and no acid peel will strip these red marks away as they are deep underneath the skin. I would strongly advise against all peels considering the state your skin is in. My skin looked like yours once, and the only thing that will help those marks is time and being healthy.

it will help fade it

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 06/24/2014 9:24 am

he is completely right.