Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Marks/scars, How Severe? Pics Inside

MemberMember
(@sadmang)

Posted : 06/07/2014 2:06 am

So my acne has calmed down a ton compared to how it was. I believe Tazorac/Doxy are working well. I still get pimples every once in a while but they are not cystic so its a start.

I'm starting to feel extremely depressed about my marks/scars though. I understand people have it way worse but this for me is the worst its ever been so its hitting me hard.

Honestly in the pictures it doesnt look as bad as it does in other lighting, this was bad lighting but it's better than nothing. Most look like PIH in the pictures, but in certain lighting i can see indents all over, most arent TOO deep. There is one on my cheek from a cyst over a month ago thats still very red and i can actually FEEL the indent so i believe it will scar badly. The rest of the indents I can't feel, but i can see them.

http://prntscr.com/3qfi14

^^^ Thats one side

http://prntscr.com/3qfi56

^^^ That is the other side, the deep indent is that red mark

I tried to get different angles to help with seeing everything more.

These pictures were also on a GOOD day, you all probably know what im talking about. Some days my PIH doesn't look as red than other days.

Can you all please help me and tell me how bad I will scar, and what kind of scarring I may have and what might help?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 06/07/2014 8:29 am

How old are they is it? I suggest you start needling ASAP with at least 1.5m to get things going. Look up owndoc.com

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 06/07/2014 8:53 am

You should not needle over active acne, it'll just spread the bacteria and cause more pimples.

If you do decide to go with needling do plenty of research, as it can do more harm then good if you don't know what you're doing.

Judging by your pics your scarring is similar to mine. I am looking into needling and I still doing some research. I plan to start slow, with a 0.5mm and work my way up.

But do your research. I know its annoying and everyone wants a quick fix but many on here have made the mistake of jumping in with a treatment without researching and reading.

MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 06/07/2014 12:14 pm

Those kind of acne (I don't know what type of cyst you mentioned) you have currently are potential to leave indents. As far as I remember, I had tons of them in my junior high school. Tons of my scars are on my face now.

MemberMember
(@sadmang)

Posted : 06/07/2014 4:11 pm

How old are they is it? I suggest you start needling ASAP with at least 1.5m to get things going. Look up owndoc.com

I started getting acne in September of last year, so these marks have been around for less than a year.. some of them were active acne not too long ago.

So depressing to hear these answers though.. ugh since my Tazorac/doxy started only a little over a month ago I have a follow up appt with my derm in a month and a half. I'll wait to then to see my options I suppose.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/08/2014 6:26 am

For how long were you on your regimen? I'm 3rd week on tazorac/doxy & birth control right now and it sucks

MemberMember
(@sadmang)

Posted : 06/08/2014 7:11 am

I was on retin a + doxy for a few months, no results so they switched me to taz + doxy. It has only been about a month and a half. so far it seems like i have ok results but i still get pimples here and there. havent had a cyst yet though so im keeping my fingers crossed. if i didnt have marks/scars id be very happy with my skin.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/08/2014 7:29 am

Once you get clear u could do the laser treatments...at least that's my plan