Notifications
Clear all

Going To Do Fraxel Restore; Do I Need To Be Talked Out Of It?

MemberMember
(@portis)

Posted : 06/06/2014 2:03 am

I'm in my early 30's and still get acne and clogged pores. I have always had a bad habit of picking at my pores to push the blackheads out. Doing this for so long has left the pores on, to the left, and to the right of my nose unsightly. Now that I'm older there is a much higher chance of a pore being scarred from my picking. This had led me to look into some form of scar treatment, which brought me to the Fraxel treatments.

I'm a little concerned by the negative reviews I've read on RealSelf and Acne.org. The largest concern I have is reports of ruining skin elasticity and overall condition. Are these reports valid or merely the ramblings of a few hypochondriacs?

I would being getting multiple treatments at a low setting and about once a month for several months.

I have a few questions for anyone that has experience with the Fraxel treatments:

1. I'm not really interested in getting my whole face treated, but just the areas around my nose. Will this leave my skin with uneven tone between areas treated and those that were not?

2. Is there a different treatment you wish you did over Fraxel?

MemberMember
(@portis)

Posted : 06/10/2014 2:09 am

Anyone have any experience they can share?

Please

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/10/2014 2:34 am

Need pictures to advise you. Just from your description it sounds like overkill for some enlarged pores. Remember pore size is pretty much down to genetics, and they cannot be "shrunken" in size. That is a myth that keeps getting perpetuated by people with something to sell you. You can do things to minimize them like with retin-a.

MemberMember
(@portis)

Posted : 06/10/2014 3:16 pm

Large pores are definitely in my genes, but I'm trying to treat the pores that I've scared by picking at them for the last 20 years. I'm not too worried by the general largeness of my pores.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/10/2014 3:22 pm

well first step is get rid of the picking habit or theres literally no point in what youre doing

second if you do it , youre gonna have uneven skin tone for probably 3-6 months or longer not sure about lasers but they do last long

third i wouldnt do it because most likely you gonna keep getting more clogged pores /acne again after you get fraxel and you will waste your money so i would know learn to fix the real problem then go for lasers or w/e for scar treatment