Notifications
Clear all

Just Had A Fractora Resurfacing Treatment Done....

MemberMember
(@sld235)

Posted : 06/04/2014 5:36 pm

Hello everyone,

There's not much on this community about it, so I decided to talk about my experience. I noticed another user on this community had it done and it was because of him that I found out about it. I have brown skin so I was really limited with what I could do about my scars. I spoke to a dermatologist about it a couple of months ago and he just recommended fillers and peels to help with the scars. The thing is, I have really severe scarring. I apologize, I didn't take any pictures (it honestly just depresses the heck out of me), but it was very similar to enestos scars (if anyone can remember him and his great outcome). The worst of it on the checks & temples; really deep, pitted scarring that's spread all over my checks and temples.

If anyone wants more specific details, just ask and I can go over it more, but he used the 24 pin coated (dark skin) headpiece (3000u) and went over my face 4 times at different energy settings. I was numbed an hour before the procedure. I'm not gonna lie, it hurt like hell, esp. when he went near the jawline and mouth. I was also bleeding. I was swollen for a couple of days and my skin looked amazing & scar-free, but I knew it was because of the swelling. I'm on the 5th day and my swelling has gone away and my scars have appeared. I do see an improvement, but when your scarring was already so bad, it still looks bad even though something was done. I have a ton of really tiny scabbed dots all over my face, but they are starting to fall off (they itch at times), but it's easy to cover with makeup. I'm debating getting a second treatment, but I think I'll bite and get it done again...still thinking about it, but I'll most likely do it since I really cant do anything else. It cost me about $800.

If it matters, I'm female and in my middle 20's.