Notifications
Clear all

After Your 6 Months Of Hydroqunione

MemberMember
(@ineedhelpforeal)

Posted : 05/30/2014 8:46 am

HELLO!!!! If someone could help me with my last concern ive been self conscious of skin forever for dark marks and uneven skin know hydroquinone is knocking that problem to hell it is saving my life right know I am in my 3rd month I was told to use for 6 months last year. but I heard once u stop using it comes back maybe even worse before so I wanted to know if someone could tell me if after my 6 months of hydroquinone I could switch to kojic acid and what percent can I use forever and will it cause any initial breakout or bring back some hyperpigmentation or will it keep my results

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/30/2014 6:47 pm

Thats why you always wear sunsceen. You can't use hydroquinone indefinitely.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 06/02/2014 3:48 am

Yes it can become much worst if you stop using Hydroquinone to the point of having darker spots & making your skin worst off than what you started out with. I would recommend a q-switch laser like the Medlite C6 laser to zap away all your freckles,sunspots,liver spots, or what dark spots you may have for better results, But Be very careful not to over use Hydroquinone long term use( & don't go over 2%) as this can lead to a skin condition known as 'Ochronosis' which is basically a more permanent form of hyperpigmentation if you continue to use it for a long time. I guess kojic acid is okay, but wouldn't use it at high percentage levels either as your skin will definitely be much more sensitive to the Sun, So stay away from the Sun if you can continue to use these skin lighteners as you don't want any skin discolorations either.

If You need to go outside make sure you place Sunscreen every 2 hours to stay safe as you are more prone to develop skin Cancer than a person who doesn't use skin lighteners. Also make sure you wear a high Spf sunscreen when you do go outside to stay safe.