Notifications
Clear all

Swelling Post Needling Aka Mental Torture!

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 05/13/2014 9:03 pm

Warning: Ventathon

5th derma stamping session and swelling has just worn off. Just getting so damn fed up by seeing the same damn scars looking back at me in the mirror. Seems no matter how hard I try they are still there!

I went out to a bar Saturday night with a girlfriend for a couple of beers. I had done my needling the night before and my face was nice and swollen which left zero trace of any scars. My skin looked absolutely fantastic! I felt like my old self again and it was amazing to feel that old me again. I was able to socalize without feeling paranoid about my skin. Met a few guys that night and we exchanged numbers. Fast forward to today and the scars are visible and stubborn as ever!

Ughhh this can be such mental torture!!! I don't know if anyone else out there can relate in terms of the mental anguish of post needling swelling? When the swelling comes about and I can't see any scars I feel like my old self again albiet for only about 2 days. I feel so happy and not at all self concious. And I can truly see how different life is without scars. Then as soon as the swelling wears off and I see those scars reappearing it's like BAM! Back to reality!

Sorry guys just really, really needed to vent my frustration. Thank god for you guys who can actually understand the pain and frustration, like I can yours, being in the same boat and all. I try to stay positive in the sense of having high hopes to see results one day with derma stamping especially after reading sucess posts by liquid, DC-Girl and Lamarr and a few other random ones. But man I really thought i'd see more results by my 5th session. Guess i'll wait 5 weeks to see how the collagen comes along.

MemberMember
(@kensden)

Posted : 05/14/2014 5:20 am

i here you pineapple" but would you not have bruised redness the next day like Im not going out tonight?ive started doing saline injections after reading about it and doing some research and its working,I'm getting that 10 to 20% improvement in scars and I'm also stamping with copper peptides thats working to better than vitamin c or retinol serums..

MemberMember
(@nikolaos)

Posted : 05/14/2014 6:15 am

I can totally relate. Actually, the swelling effect is the only thing that keeps me going with derma stamp right now

I love it, even though my face looks really bruised. Going out means having to put on a ton of makeup haha

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 05/14/2014 10:11 am

Pineapple - I though I read in previous posts that you have had success with dermastamping? Has it all just been swelling?

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 05/15/2014 11:19 pm

Pineapple - I though I read in previous posts that you have had success with dermastamping? Has it all just been swelling?

Hey,

I have had sucess but the snails pace progress can be a real pain!!! Michi, I assure you it was not just the swelling! I'm only swollen for about a week and I stamp every 5 weeks so trust me I am wayyy past the swelling phase (although, because it looks so nice I wish it would last forever :$ )now, none of my scars have completely gone away yet, but they have all gotten super soft, so I don't have any harsh, jagged edges and i've had scars level out a bit so they are not as sunken in. Also, my skin tone has become so even that I no longer wear makeup. The other day actually, my cousin asked me "your not wearing makeup? So that's just your face?" So it has been benifical I just wish it would fill in faster, ya know. One thing that's been keeping me going is that majority of the sucess stories about needling is the duration it was performed. 8-9 months was the minimum with 1-2 years being the consensus. I've been @ it consistently for five months now, geeez only about a year and half to go :|

i here you pineapple" but would you not have bruised redness the next day like Im not going out tonight?ive started doing saline injections after reading about it and doing some research and its working,I'm getting that 10 to 20% improvement in scars and I'm also stamping with copper peptides thats working to better than vitamin c or retinol serums..

I do my needling in the evening then go to sleep, and the next morning my skin looks amazing!!!! I've got redness but it's more like a light natural flush. I just slap on some foundation and i'm good to go. I do get very light scabbing but It is not noticible at all until the 2-3 day. So I actually try to plan my needling around days where I gotta make an appearance somewhere lol cause I know my scars will be invisble thanks to the swelling.

Copper Peptides are amazing!! I love them! They really helped clear up my hyperpigmentation so nicely. I'm taking a break from them for the last couple of weeks but am thinking I should add them back in. ]

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 07/15/2014 2:01 pm

Warning: Ventathon

5th derma stamping session and swelling has just worn off. Just getting so damn fed up by seeing the same damn scars looking back at me in the mirror. Seems no matter how hard I try they are still there!

I went out to a bar Saturday night with a girlfriend for a couple of beers. I had done my needling the night before and my face was nice and swollen which left zero trace of any scars. My skin looked absolutely fantastic! I felt like my old self again and it was amazing to feel that old me again. I was able to socalize without feeling paranoid about my skin. Met a few guys that night and we exchanged numbers. Fast forward to today and the scars are visible and stubborn as ever!

Ughhh this can be such mental torture!!! I don't know if anyone else out there can relate in terms of the mental anguish of post needling swelling? When the swelling comes about and I can't see any scars I feel like my old self again albiet for only about 2 days. I feel so happy and not at all self concious. And I can truly see how different life is without scars. Then as soon as the swelling wears off and I see those scars reappearing it's like BAM! Back to reality!

Sorry guys just really, really needed to vent my frustration. Thank god for you guys who can actually understand the pain and frustration, like I can yours, being in the same boat and all. I try to stay positive in the sense of having high hopes to see results one day with derma stamping especially after reading sucess posts by liquid, DC-Girl and Lamarr and a few other random ones. But man I really thought i'd see more results by my 5th session. Guess i'll wait 5 weeks to see how the collagen comes along.

I did my first dermastamp/ single needling this week and I see what you are saying the first two/three days are amazing! I def. feel like my old self again, i was actually thankful for at least those two days...but i want it to be permanent of course. I know i heard less is more but i wish i could do it every two weeks. do you guys really think it is better to wait a whole month !!! I would so do it again if i could ASAP. maybe it works faster?! but i don't want to ruin things either. so i might just wait.

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/15/2014 4:02 pm

Hey Animals, don't do it every two weeks. Collagen forms in 5-6 weeks, at the very least you can go for it again at 4 weeks.

I understand that feeling of seeing all the scars temporarily disappear, I've been there. When I initially started dermarolling, I began doing it weekly, and guess what! The results were not any faster and who knows what damage I may have been doing down below to my newly forming collagen. I know it's tempting, it was for me too, but I learned to patient from this experience alone.

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 07/15/2014 6:05 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll wait then -_-

I punctured my first scar about three times and immediately it flattened out, the skin raised up and the scar was gone. It was hard to even keep puncturing because i couldn't even see it. I was pretty amazed to just see that happen. I will get rid of my scars!!! and you will too :)

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/15/2014 6:53 pm

Awh thanks, I can't wait till mine are gone or atleast less visible :)

I know it's a bit tough to make out the scar once you puncture it a few time's (surprised swelling onset is so quick! ) but just keep stamping that area where the scar is so you get as much of the scar surface area.

Did you bleed?

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 07/16/2014 12:54 pm

I barely bled I did a little and since I've seen people bleed a lot i was wondering if i should do it more intense but i felt satisfied with just a little blood bc i felt like i had broken a lot of scar tissue without bleeding muchits day 4 and even though swelling has gone down i see a lot of improvement. so i guess if i need to do more ill do it next time around. but maybe barely bleeding is just as good. how about you?