Notifications
Clear all

Thick Gooey Pus From Blood Filled Looking Cyst

MemberMember
(@drmonkey)

Posted : 04/10/2014 8:38 pm

Hello everyone, I have been an active reader on this forum but finally decided to become a member and share with you my case, which i feel is very unusual.

I have been to many dermatologists asking about this problem and they all just say it is an acne scar and leave it alone. however I am convinced there is more to it than that and therefore would like to get feedback from all of you.

Basically, whenever i get a cystic pimple appear on my face, i leave it alone (as my doctors have advised to prevent deep scars). As a result what happens is that the pimple becomes flat over time, but then looks like there is blood filled underneath my skin. The red colour is usually very bright red and stays like that for 6+ months. My concern is that maybe I have to squeeze the gunk out otherwise it will never heal (because it seems it just stays like that forever) OR my skin heals over the red dot forming a permanent dot on my face.

So when i tried to squeeze the red dot one time, what happened was a thick gooey kinda dark yellowish pus came out. (Texture was like snot from your nose). I dont even know if it is pus but it is extremely gooey and thick. After this thick thing comes out, a lot of blood starts streaming out of that red dot. What is this condition guys? Is it normal? Do i leave it alone or should i get the thick gooey thing out so i can make it heal? Again, my concern is that if i leave it be, it will never heal, OR if it does heal, it will heal over the red dot and i will have mole looking dots on my face when my skin heals.

Ive attached pictures what the blood filled red dot looking thing looks like. I however could not take a pic of the gooey pus, cause my camera's resolution isnt that great. Ill try to squeeze another one and try to get a pic of the thick goo.

Thanks so much guys... I would really appreciate some feedback.

Sincerely, patient acne sufferer

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/11/2014 10:27 am

its normal mine used to get like that if i left them alone for a long time. its like the longer the sebum is in there the thicker it gets or something. i have had this happen to me about 3 times and i left them alone for like 6 months to a year and then i just decided to pop them and then only after that did they heal. i think somehow you need to get the core of the cyst out otherwise it will never heal.