Notifications
Clear all

Will This Specific Aloe Vera Product Work For My Skin?

MemberMember
(@tretismason)

Posted : 03/31/2014 9:05 pm

I have mild boxcar acne scars on my left cheek, and a few deep scars and redness from acne on my right cheek. I heard aloe vera gel will help the healing process, but I couldn't find any 100% pure aloe vera gels in my area. The only product that is available is a aftersun aloe vera gel and another product I wasn't too sure about. Will this work just as well as the 100% pure gel? Here is the link if you want to look at the ingredients:

1. CVS Aftersun Aloe Vera Soothing Gel [Edited link out]

Here is another product that I wasn't too sure about:

2. walgreens aloe vera replenishing body gel [Edited link out]

If you could take a look at them and tell me if they would be good for redness and scars, I would greatly appreciate that.

MemberMember
(@roygbiv)

Posted : 04/01/2014 6:17 am

Hi! I'm sure those wouldn't hurt you, I personally prefer to not put things with colors/fragrances added on my skin. The less stuff I throw at my poor face at this point, the better. :P

You can typically find a bottle of pure aloe vera gel (watch because they sell aloe juice, too, and that'll be way too runny to use) at health food stores. I'm pretty sure I bought mine on amazon. They're big bottles but you can do a lot with it besides treat your face - as you probably know, it is awesome for burns/sunburns, some people use it as a light, natural hair gel, and is has health benefits when taken internally.

Hope this helps!