Notifications
Clear all

Dermaroller Question....

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 03/20/2014 9:23 pm

I got a high quality MTK derma roller over a year ago.

Probably used a dozen times and am

sure to treat with isopropyl alchohol

before and after each use.

My question is how many times should

a dermal roller be used before discarding?

Also how exactly do you know a derma roller should be discarded?

I never used mine that hard that my face bleeds or anything but ive heard you can produce scars also from a dermaroller;

I FIND THIS HORRIFYING; Is that true

as well?

Thanks in advance to all and i welcome all feedback. :-)

MemberMember
(@polyester-girl)

Posted : 03/20/2014 11:03 pm

I'm looking to try dermarolling myself for my acne scars. I have one at the moment, but can't use it until my active acne clears up. However, owning a dermaroller means I've also read heaps and heaps about it in user reviews/blogs/etc.

So I can't tell you from personal experience, but from what I have read, people have said anywhere from 3 months to a year is the life-span of a dermaroller, depending on it's quality. A cheap $20 one would probably last the 3 months, and a proper Dr. Roller one would last more like a year. However, you can even get single-use rollers I'm pretty sure, and of course they would only last the one use.

Since yours is a quality one, I think using it for the full year would be okay, but you should definitely consider replacing it at this point.

You can only scar yourself with a dermaroller if you use it incorrectly. You have to follow the instructions exactly, even seemingly trivial things. For example, you should lift the roller after each roll rather than going up and down without lifting, otherwise you can get "track-marks" because you are always rolling along the exact same line of skin, if you know what I mean.

You know a dermaroller should be discarded if any of the needles are bent/broken, or if the head of the dermaroller has become sort of wobbly and not as sterdy as before. Bent needles can also cause scarring, so never use a roller with a bent needle. Sometimes you can't even tell any obvious signs that your roller needs replacing, but you still should because with every use, the needles will become more blunt and therefore less effective.

Now that that's all out of the way, can I ask you a question? Since I am also planning on using one I'm interested, have you seen any good results after a year? And how long are the needles?

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/20/2014 11:10 pm

derm roller works, but to see results, you need to wait at least 6 months, and make sure u have a before and after pic. its also best to combine derm roller with vitamin c serum, moiturizer and sunscreen.