Notifications
Clear all

Dermarolling With Retin A, Infadolan And Topical Vitamin C

MemberMember
(@waldojeffers)

Posted : 02/23/2014 11:22 pm

Hey guys and girls,

I am wondering if anyone could help me out if they are familiar with dermarolling in conjuction with these topicals?

I dermaroll with a 1.5mm dermaroller every 4 weeks and I'm not sure how best to implement these topicals into a regime over the month.

I have Infadolan, 0.025% Retin A cream, and Vitamin C serum and a gentle face cleanser. That's all I use at this point in time (anything I majorly need to try let me know! :) )

I have been so far:

Applying the Vitamin C serum by cotton pad for 4 consecutive nights before I roll

Before I roll, shower and light cleanser and then use a few 70% Isopropyl rubbing alcohol pads to disenfect the face

Then I roll with a disenfected and checked dermaroller

After rolling I wash the face with cool water and air dry face, no towel

When the face is dry I apply a pea sized amount of infadolan

Night 2 Cleanse then I apply vitamin C serum, 30 minutes later after the serum has absorbed I apply a pea sized amount of Infadolan

Night 3 Cleanse and apply 0.025% Retin A cream

Night 4 Cleanse, Vitamin C serum and 30 minutes later apply Infadolan

Night 5 Cleanse and 0.025% Retin A cream

Night 6 Cleanse, Vitamin C serum and 30 minutes later apply Infadolan

Night 7 Cleanse and 0.025% Retin A cream

So this is where I am up to now and I don't know if this is a good regime and how long I should continue it for until the next dermaroll is due. I don't know how long to continue the Infadolan after rolling. And I don't know how soon to introduce Retin A after rolling. Any veterans out there!?

Many thanks

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 02/24/2014 3:49 pm

Hey guys and girls,

I am wondering if anyone could help me out if they are familiar with dermarolling in conjuction with these topicals?

I dermaroll with a 1.5mm dermaroller every 4 weeks and I'm not sure how best to implement these topicals into a regime over the month.

I have Infadolan, 0.025% Retin A cream, and Vitamin C serum and a gentle face cleanser. That's all I use at this point in time (anything I majorly need to try let me know! )

I have been so far:

Applying the Vitamin C serum by cotton pad for 4 consecutive nights before I roll

Before I roll, shower and light cleanser and then use a few 70% Isopropyl rubbing alcohol pads to disenfect the face

Then I roll with a disenfected and checked dermaroller

After rolling I wash the face with cool water and air dry face, no towel

When the face is dry I apply a pea sized amount of infadolan

Night 2 Cleanse then I apply vitamin C serum, 30 minutes later after the serum has absorbed I apply a pea sized amount of Infadolan

Night 3 Cleanse and apply 0.025% Retin A cream

Night 4 Cleanse, Vitamin C serum and 30 minutes later apply Infadolan

Night 5 Cleanse and 0.025% Retin A cream

Night 6 Cleanse, Vitamin C serum and 30 minutes later apply Infadolan

Night 7 Cleanse and 0.025% Retin A cream

So this is where I am up to now and I don't know if this is a good regime and how long I should continue it for until the next dermaroll is due. I don't know how long to continue the Infadolan after rolling. And I don't know how soon to introduce Retin A after rolling. Any veterans out there!?

Many thanks

roll every 6 weeks not at 4

MemberMember
(@scarman)

Posted : 02/24/2014 5:55 pm

Even though some sites suggest its ok to roll every 3 - 4 weeks with 1.5mm some sites suggest you should roll every 6 - 8 weeks with that length. It also depends on how aggressive you roll. But I think 6 weeks is better.

I read so many different posts on owndoc.com forum, I have been experimenting different approaches, my latest routine is

Roll with 1.5mm then stamp with 1.5mm wipe off face with boots antiseptic wipes (open them few minutes early so they are not too wet) apply vitamin C (slight burning but I can take it) wait for 15 minutes and apply rose hip + bio oil + natural vitamin e oils wait for 10 minutes and apply infadolan

Next morning wash face with facial wash, apply coper peptides, wait for 15 minutes and apply rose hip + vit e oils on top apply infadolan. At night wash again apply vitamin C, wait for 15 minutes and apply Retin A 0.1% wait for 15 minutes and apply infadolan (I do this from Friday to Sunday)

During the week

Wash face in the morning apply copper peptides wait for 15 minutes apply tiny bit of above oils so my face is not too oily when I go out, put 50spf sun screen. In the evening wash face alternate between Vit C and Retin A then apply infadolan

If I apply Retin A after rolling (Friday) my face stays really red until Tuesday, so I now apply Retin A (tiny amount) next day I roll. Then alternate between Vitamin C and Retin A.

The reason I use these oils is because I read so many articles about them and how good they are for skin. Also I am desperate to get rid of my scars. I have deep acne scars on both cheeks, I have been rolling for about 15 months and I only recently started seeing some improvement.

MemberMember
(@waldojeffers)

Posted : 02/24/2014 8:25 pm

Thanks guys, ok I'll do a little reading about rolling every 6 weeks with the 1.5mm, thanks for pointing that out.

I'll also do some reading on the benefits of incorporating rose hip and vitamin E oils into the rolling aftercare, thanks for that!

** I suppose I am most vague with this - If I roll every 6 weeks, do I use the infadolan for 3 or so days of aftercare and then stop until after the next roll? And Retin A being great for pre care, when in my 6 week cycle do I begin and finish applying Retin A? **

MemberMember
(@nikolaos)

Posted : 02/25/2014 4:58 am

Also I am desperate to get rid of my scars. I have been rolling for about 15 months and I only recently started seeing some improvement.

Wow, that's a lot of time and you noticed only slight improvement? :( I'm on the same boat as you but I was hoping i'd see some nice results in 6 months. I started rolling/stamping my face last month but I use the stamp much more often. I did a lot of research and the general consensus is that dermastamp is better for deep scars, it gives you more control over the damage and it's less painful. I feel like the roller is not doing anything for me and it hurts a lot.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/25/2014 9:53 am

Could take up to 2 years to bee great results..keep it up guys

MemberMember
(@scarman)

Posted : 02/25/2014 6:49 pm

Also I am desperate to get rid of my scars. I have been rolling for about 15 months and I only recently started seeing some improvement.

Wow, that's a lot of time and you noticed only slight improvement? I'm on the same boat as you but I was hoping i'd see some nice results in 6 months. I started rolling/stamping my face last month but I use the stamp much more often. I did a lot of research and the general consensus is that dermastamp is better for deep scars, it gives you more control over the damage and it's less painful. I feel like the roller is not doing anything for me and it hurts a lot.

Yes but my scars were very deep in a large area, also every body is different. What you eat, age, your technique, frequency, topical creams they all count. Its been a learning curve for me, I suppose if I knew what I know now at the beginning I am sure my results would be different and I would have never gone to clinics.

For deep scars I understand it's best to use 1.5mm dermaroller and stamp together. Roll your face then stamp it with the right technique. There are lots of good videos. Also have a look at owndoc forums. At first It looks like nothing is happening but if you do everything right you will start seeing results. My improvements were around 2 - 5% few months ago after each roll, now probably around 10%

I recently started using Retin A 0.1%, coper peptides, vitamin C. Hopefully I will see better improvement.

Good luck..

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 02/26/2014 2:55 am

Yes but my scars were very deep in a large area, also every body is different. What you eat, age, your technique, frequency, topical creams they all count. Its been a learning curve for me, I suppose if I knew what I know now at the beginning I am sure my results would be different and I would have never gone to clinics.

For deep scars I understand it's best to use 1.5mm dermaroller and stamp together. Roll your face then stamp it with the right technique. There are lots of good videos. Also have a look at owndoc forums. At first It looks like nothing is happening but if you do everything right you will start seeing results. My improvements were around 2 - 5% few months ago after each roll, now probably around 10%

I recently started using Retin A 0.1%, coper peptides, vitamin C. Hopefully I will see better improvement.

Good luck..

I have been rolling and stamping my face for 13 months. I know now that there is a right technique when it comes to dermarolling, but is there any secret to stamp scars properly?

I'm still seeing those 2-5% improvement you mentioned, i.e. I can see a difference after each treatment, but it's subtle. What's the secret to get 10% improvement?

Skin needling is a trial and error thing. The approaches people use vary so much that it is difficult to decide what to do. I still don't know for sure what would be the most adequate frequency, the best topicals, if leds help or not, if suplements are important, and so on.

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 02/26/2014 3:28 am

** I suppose I am most vague with this - If I roll every 6 weeks, do I use the infadolan for 3 or so days of aftercare and then stop until after the next roll? And Retin A being great for pre care, when in my 6 week cycle do I begin and finish applying Retin A? **

I think topicals should be used throughout the period in between treatments. If the whole remodeling cycle takes more than a year to completion, I guess it is important to have topicals on the skin to assist the entire remodeling process, and not just during the first phases.

What are the best topicals? I still don't know. I use Infadolan, copper peptides and vitamin A (retinol).

I did a lot of research and the general consensus is that dermastamp is better for deep scars, it gives you more control over the damage and it's less painful.

I agree. I wish I knew that when I started.

MemberMember
(@waldojeffers)

Posted : 02/27/2014 7:16 am

Hey guys,

Sarah was kind enough to answer a few questions I had regarding the regime I posted above in the original post.

>I don't know if this is a good regime

Yes, it is.

>and I don't know how long I should roll out this regime of topicals over the course of the month until my next roll is due.

You can keep it "forever" or you can reduce the A-Ret application if it makes your skin dry. Vit. C three times a week is also enough.

> I don't know how long to continue the Infadolan after rolling.

Until it looks fully healed. You can apply a little Infadolan daily around your eyes and on the top of the hands.

>how soon to introduce Retin A after rolling to start 'pre caring' for the next roll

As soon as the skin is back to normal from the previous roll (when it is not red, dry or "tender")

So it seems Retin A is something that you apply throughout the whole 6 week cycle minus a few days after rolling. I'm glad I'm not so vague with that now! I knew it was for precare, but I had no idea what duration before rolling was considered 'pre care'!

I'd really like to look into possibly implementing copper peptides into my current topicals (which is so far basic - Retin A, infadolan, topical vitamin C) what is the general consensus on the copper peptides fellow rollers?

And I'd also like to increase the strength of the Retin A/tretinoin from 0.025% up tp 0.1%

MemberMember
(@waldojeffers)

Posted : 02/27/2014 7:32 am

Even though some sites suggest its ok to roll every 3 - 4 weeks with 1.5mm some sites suggest you should roll every 6 - 8 weeks with that length. It also depends on how aggressive you roll. But I think 6 weeks is better.

I read so many different posts on owndoc.com forum, I have been experimenting different approaches, my latest routine is

Roll with 1.5mm then stamp with 1.5mm wipe off face with boots antiseptic wipes (open them few minutes early so they are not too wet) apply vitamin C (slight burning but I can take it) wait for 15 minutes and apply rose hip + bio oil + natural vitamin e oils wait for 10 minutes and apply infadolan

Next morning wash face with facial wash, apply coper peptides, wait for 15 minutes and apply rose hip + vit e oils on top apply infadolan. At night wash again apply vitamin C, wait for 15 minutes and apply Retin A 0.1% wait for 15 minutes and apply infadolan (I do this from Friday to Sunday)

During the week

Wash face in the morning apply copper peptides wait for 15 minutes apply tiny bit of above oils so my face is not too oily when I go out, put 50spf sun screen. In the evening wash face alternate between Vit C and Retin A then apply infadolan

If I apply Retin A after rolling (Friday) my face stays really red until Tuesday, so I now apply Retin A (tiny amount) next day I roll. Then alternate between Vitamin C and Retin A.

The reason I use these oils is because I read so many articles about them and how good they are for skin. Also I am desperate to get rid of my scars. I have deep acne scars on both cheeks, I have been rolling for about 15 months and I only recently started seeing some improvement.

Thanks for the info Scarman! Really appreciate that. With the dermastamp, how many needles is that? I must get one to use alongside with the 1.5 mm roller!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/27/2014 8:46 am

Hi! My dermarolling regimen only includes Retin A, with he use of Jojoba oil as a moisturizer. But I added some new goodies such as Copper Peptides from owndoc.com, Suctioning Cup from owndoc.com. Leds from theledman.com and finally, Saline Injections that I will self administer every 2-3 weeks!! 16th of March will be my first day and I will start adding pictures I have not rolled since December 2013 due to various reasons.

It is very important you use sunscreen daily. Even when it's cloudy!

As to thread starter and everyone else needling, give it time..it can take at least a year for results to start kicking in. No doubt you'll see skin texture improvement from the first few sessions though, make sure you use 1.5mm ++ needles/5-8 weeks. Combination of treatments is best!

Good luck.