Notifications
Clear all

Anyone With Fraxel Restore/ Repair Experience?

MemberMember
(@flowergirl1234)

Posted : 01/05/2014 10:15 pm

I have a consultation at a med spa to discuss treatment options for my skin. I have some red marks and slightly indented scars on my chin and an ice pick scar between my right cheek and jawline. But mostly I want to treat the large pores on my cheeks, nose, forehead, around my nose, and above my lip. I initially set up the appointment to discuss the restore, but I'm wondering if the repair would be better as it is more aggressive?

Any advice/ experience?

I might post some pics.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 01/06/2014 5:51 am

I think it's pointless to go through an invasive laser procedure like Repair with such minimal scarring. So I'd recommend Restore instead, or chemical peels (done by a professional). I don't know if there's anything that helps large pores permanently, but chemical peels at least make the skin texture look great for a few months.

And imo large pores aren't something you should try to correct. Chances are you are the only one who notices them.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/06/2014 10:30 am

i would go with repair and get the best results in one treatment instead of doing repeated restore treatments because restore wont work on indented scarring

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 01/06/2014 11:21 pm

Well, besides the fact that you have minimal scarring, you said your main focus was your large pores. Havent read of restore and repair lasers minimizing large pores, in fact i saw stories of lasers giving the orange peel texture and enlarging pores.

Austra made a good suggestion. I also think you can manage your pores with mandelic acid 10%. Also, are you oily? Because from what i know, oily skin has more tendency to get large pores. If that is the case then, controlling your oiliness will help too.

But if you really do what a laser procedure, i would go with repair because it is still a better laser than restore despite it being more aggresive and it is worth your $$$$.