Notifications
Clear all

Interesting Theory On How To Prevent Orange Peel Scars From Fraxel Repair

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 01/01/2014 6:08 pm

Question:

There seems to be a lot of people with what they describe as orange peel skin after fraxel laser is this common are certain skin types more prone to this? my skin is reasonable good apart from polkaderma on my neck and chest and a few pigmentation spots , visible veins on my face and fine scars on my chin from teenage pimples. have very fair skin what sort of results would i expect from Fraxel

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/03/2014 9:16 am

Hmmmm.... I have been impressed by this doctor, but this comment kinda blows my mind in the sense that it flies in the face of conventional wisdom. Accutane before and after laser? That is exactly what they tell you NOT to do. Everyone knows that you need to be off Accutane for at least 6 months to a year, so to recommend it before and after is a little mind boggling.

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 01/04/2014 5:52 pm

Hmmmm.... I have been impressed by this doctor, but this comment kinda blows my mind in the sense that it flies in the face of conventional wisdom. Accutane before and after laser? That is exactly what they tell you NOT to do. Everyone knows that you need to be off Accutane for at least 6 months to a year, so to recommend it before and after is a little mind boggling.

Its only 1 week tho, its done in order to reduce oil so that skin can heal correctly and prevent this orange peel scarring which is when skin gets very oily and fraxel "dots" cant heal properly because of that.