Notifications
Clear all

Ice Pick Scars

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/14/2013 7:44 pm

it seems subcision is the best for ice pick scars so far huh ?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/14/2013 10:07 pm

I think the best option would be TCA cross

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 12/14/2013 11:51 pm

I've heard subcision is more for boxcar/rolling scars. TCA sounds like its the best bet.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 12/15/2013 6:46 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24131091

I'm really good friends with my plastic surgeon (family friend) and he's going to try the method above on me, which i told him about. Since fully ablative CO2 is the most effective, but the adverse effects (on healthy skin) are normally quite bad, pinpoint CO2 has the most potential. If it works for me, maybe some of you guys can try it at my plastic surgeon too (i may be able to get some money if that happens).

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/15/2013 12:19 pm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24131091

I'm really good friends with my plastic surgeon (family friend) and he's going to try the method above on me, which i told him about. Since fully ablative CO2 is the most effective, but the adverse effects (on healthy skin) are normally quite bad, pinpoint CO2 has the most potential. If it works for me, maybe some of you guys can try it at my plastic surgeon too (i may be able to get some money if that happens).

Please keep us updated on how it goes! I am very interested in this technique.

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 12/24/2013 11:01 am

Why go for surgical treatments when you already have really good non-surgical treatments in market out there?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/24/2013 4:08 pm

Why go for surgical treatments when you already have really good non-surgical treatments in market out there?

enlighten me with these non surgical treatments that help ice pick scars

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 12/28/2013 12:26 pm

Well, for that you may need to treat it both internally and externally. You should take care of your diet and make sure you're taking adequate amount of essential vitamins and minerals that are necessary for scar healing. Vitamin C and fatty acids are one of them. Also, i know about aloe vera. It's use can really help heal your scars and moisturize your skin. I can suggest you to try hypoallergenic scar therapy. There's this stuff i used for my facial scars, InviCible Scars, it's really good in healing scars and normalize collagen production. The packaging can be over looked, but the stuff in it really helped me out. You can search for more products as well which fits in the category and have essential elements for scar healing. Hope it helps cool.png

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/28/2013 3:13 pm

Well, for that you may need to treat it both internally and externally. You should take care of your diet and make sure you're taking adequate amount of essential vitamins and minerals that are necessary for scar healing. Vitamin C and fatty acids are one of them. Also, i know about aloe vera. It's use can really help heal your scars and moisturize your skin. I can suggest you to try hypoallergenic scar therapy. There's this stuff i used for my facial scars, InviCible Scars, it's really good in healing scars and normalize collagen production. The packaging can be over looked, but the stuff in it really helped me out. You can search for more products as well which fits in the category and have essential elements for scar healing. Hope it helps cool.png

i been taking 2g vitamin c for a year now and fatty acids

my diet is fine because i dont get acne anymore i just have scars from previous acne

invicible scars wont work on ice pick scars

therefore a facial cosmetic surgeon is needed

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 01/02/2014 4:34 am

i been taking 2g vitamin c for a year now and fatty acids

my diet is fine because i dont get acne anymore i just have scars from previous acne

invicible scars wont work on ice pick scars

therefore a facial cosmetic surgeon is needed

But the website says it does. How about consulting the same owner of the product as a recommended surgeon? He, surely can help you out.

MemberMember
(@wasimo)

Posted : 01/02/2014 4:46 am

I think the best option would be TCA cross

That is the best option if they are not wide and if they are wide then the punch method would be best.