Notifications
Clear all

Flatten Scar With Micropore Tape?

MemberMember
(@faergor)

Posted : 11/05/2013 1:20 pm

Hi guys, I read about one guy on acne.org flattening his scar with micropore tape. It was on his nose. Would it work?

I know it is being used to flatten post surgery scars. I believe that pressure is that does the job, however, it takes a lot of time, many months.

I have 5 year old hyperhtropic scar that was 2,5 years ago made longer due to microdermabrasion. I also have 1 month old hyperhtropic scar from cystic acne.

I guess it could work, right? Just the flattening.

Just look what everything were people able to achieve, how were they able to reshape their feet, necks, ears,noses,etc.

[Removed]

There were chinese women who till this day were able to remodel their skin and bones. Scar tissue with constant pressure should be easier, imo.

Anyways, has anyone managed to do it?

MemberMember
(@faergor)

Posted : 11/07/2013 9:59 am

bump

MemberMember
(@faergor)

Posted : 11/09/2013 12:14 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@faergor)

Posted : 11/11/2013 7:47 am

bump

What do you guys think? And does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 11/11/2013 8:15 am

The only thing that has actual medical science is using duct tape on warts in order to starve them of oxygen. I assume this is where this idea came from.

Considering the purpose of the duct tape is to starve off oxygen, micropore tape won't help with that. So if trying it - I would personally try it with duct tape. Will it work? who knows. Here's a thread :

Silicone sheets help with flattening as well supposedly.

MemberMember
(@faergor)

Posted : 11/11/2013 8:28 am

The only thing that has actual medical science is using duct tape on warts in order to starve them of oxygen. I assume this is where this idea came from.

Considering the purpose of the duct tape is to starve off oxygen, micropore tape won't help with that. So if trying it - I would personally try it with duct tape. Will it work? who knows. Here's a thread : http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/297629-duct-tape/

Silicone sheets help with flattening as well supposedly.

Yeah, that definitely works on warts. Havent tried it myself, but many people did with success.

Well, what I am talking about here is this:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/299888-pics-raised-white-scar-on-nose/page-2

Look at the very last post of the thread.

Also, micropore tape is being used on flattening post surgical hyperthropic scars&also for prevention of their formation. It does work. I was wondering about hyperthropic scar on nose though. Especially old one. I was wondering if more people tried it.