Notifications
Clear all

Taking Pictures!

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 10/23/2013 8:06 am

Hi all. I used to post here all the time, but haven't been back in a long time. Not because I've had scar resolution, but bcs I got discouraged. Quick background...I did fraxel when it first came out, had a couple of needling sessions (previously had done microderm and a series of peels, mot to mention every topical out there). At some point it occurred to me that messing with my skin so much is why my skin is such a mess. Dabbled a bit in dermarolling, but scared myself off of it. I got to a point, for a couple of years, where I just decided "It is what it is." Btw, I am married with three kids, and the only person freaking out about my skin is ME, but I am very self conscious about it (still) and feel like people judge me bcs of it. Sigh.

Anyway, this summer I got a bee in my bonnet about it again, and decided to try silicone microdroplet. Honestly, as hopeful as I was about it, I'm not sure I saw much improvement. In the meantime, I ordered dermaflage, thinking at least I could cosmetically make things look better (that stuff works, but it's a PIA and I'm still working on perfecting the technique).

I have a reunion with some friends I haven't seen in 30 years and I'm freaking out about my skin again. Booked another mictodroplet appt, but there is always a voice saying "Maybe you made it worse!!" So I took some pics, which I am going to try to attach. One is from before treatment, one is from this morning. Man, I have to say it is HARD replicating angles/lighting. This is the best that I could do (excuse the super shiny face - the "before" is fully made up, but after being out dancing. An accidental "before" shot. I was trying to get my eye makeup. The "after" is this morning with Emu oil on my face)

post-36614-0-00599400-1382533190.jpg

post-36614-0-38900600-1382533301.jpeg

I think I see an improvement. But if I didn't have pictures to compare it, I would still be frustrated. Instead I'm feeling a bit hopeful...

It looks to me like the shape of the scars has changed...but what do you think? Am I making it worse???

(not sure why the first pic uploaded so big. That makes it hard to compare the pics. Hmmm....)

post-36614-0-73930800-1382533207.jpeg

post-36614-0-23406700-1382533606.jpg

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 10/23/2013 8:15 am

Can't you get a bob hairstyle? That would essentially hide all your scars.

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 10/23/2013 8:23 am

Haha. yeah, until my hair moves.

MemberMember
(@emiliesea)

Posted : 10/23/2013 9:16 am

Definitely looks like an improvement. It doesn't look as effected in the lower areas. Keep going with your regime! It seems to be working for you. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 10/23/2013 1:33 pm

I think the smaller pic looks like an improvement. That is the after right? I think it looks softer and more shallow. I'm glad your family is content with your skin. I always worry how my daughter will see me when she gets old enough to realize. Have your kids ever said anything about it?

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 10/23/2013 2:11 pm

Yes, the smaller pic is the "after". Wish the pics were both the same size. It would be more accurate. I think that when my face is de-shined it also doesn't look as bad, but I was trying to create an equal comparison.

Interestingly, my girls have never commented on my skin. My eldest is 11. My youngest is 5. But if they ran into skin issues and ended up with scars like this, I'd be heartbroken. :(

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 10/23/2013 2:48 pm

I feel the same way. I hope and pray my daughter never has to experience what I have. I like to think I'm informed enough now to help her prevent scarring if it did happen. That's nice they don't notice. Honestly it's quite a small area of your face so I doubt it detracts from your appearance very much.