Notifications
Clear all

Subcision Combined With Fraxel: Restore

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 10/21/2013 6:19 pm

I did an insane amount of research and found a place that offers both Fraxel and subcision. My decision to go through with it was kind of impulsive.

The subcision was dirt cheap, $150, but the Fraxel treatment was $850. Not cheap.

The doctor missed a few rolling scars, unfortunately. Dr. Spencer had been very careful and even had me circle the scars that he missed.

This time, however, I really heard the scars getting untethered, especially on the worst side of my face where I assumed I had collagen/fat loss. So fat transfer may be unnecessary after all.

Then I received Fraxel restore. The RN who did the laser treatment told me that restore was like Dermarolling(!!!) but with heat instead of needles. That really inspired me to continue with deramarolling.

They used so much numbing cream, and also injected me to numb the area even more. I felt absolutely no pain for the subcision, but the Fraxel treatment hurt. I guess because it was penetrating more deeply.

So I finally got this combination. Looking forward to seeing some results!

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/21/2013 7:34 pm

that does sound like a good deal where are you located?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 10/21/2013 7:51 pm

Funny you said that, I was feeling a lot of regret over how much $ I spent! I know that the subcision was super cheap. This was in Charlotte, NC. Charlotte Skin and Laser.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/21/2013 8:11 pm

dang i'm only a few hours away ...are most derms doing subsicions now i don't have a derm never have ?

are you gonna put up before after pics?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 10/22/2013 7:43 am

I think most dermatologists don't do subcision and have never heard of it. I had to commute to Charlotte. I might post pics this time. They took pics of my face at the clinic...

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/22/2013 9:37 am

if u could just cut out a pic of a scar then show it after then bruising goes away that would be nice ...i tried to do my own subcision but all i got done was major bruising that lasted a week

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 10/22/2013 10:24 am

Well, I think $150 is very reasonable for subcision. She has lots of experience and she's a doctor. I would encourage people on this board to seek out a dermatologist or surgeon before trying an invasive procedure on their own skin. You only get one face.

She also offered $150 for TCA cross and $100 for Vbeam. These were also very reasonable rates. If I wasn't so dead set on combining the subcision with Restore I would have combined more treatments. $100 for VBeam is a great price.

I can understand why people would be mad about Fraxel Restore. It sounds like an overpriced dermarolling machine. I just saw improvement with Smoothbeam so I wanted to give Restore a chance.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/22/2013 2:11 pm

yeah how is your bruising coming?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 10/22/2013 3:57 pm

Definitely bruised but I can cover it up with makeup. I'm out and about today.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/22/2013 7:19 pm

i went to the gym the next morning after doing my own subcision and you should have seen teh loooks i got from people hahaha

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 10/24/2013 8:36 pm

It's been three days. I'm still bruised, but no swelling. Right now my face looks super smooth, and I'm excited to know what the long-term results will be, which I won't know for a few weeks. I know that this may be microswelling, but I can't help but get my hopes up.

My face still looks so thin. Still looking into fat transfer. :/ Sucks that I would have to spend a lot of money to fix the effects of another corrective procedure.

The doc suggested TCA cross for my ice pick scarring. Now that my skin looks better, I guess the ice pick scarring is more noticeable. I'd rather self treat for that, maybe I'll do TCA cross every month for all of next year. That should yield good results.

Also I broke out really badly around my chin. Lots of millia the first day, now it looks like a bad break out. My skin looks like it's about to peel, and there's still some redness.

I'm taking collagen supplements and 150 mg of zinc daily.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/24/2013 9:27 pm

awesome so it filled in that well i deff have to get a subcision mr matt swears by them!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/24/2013 10:52 pm

I guarantee if people were to clean up their diets and eat as healthy as they possible can they would see MUCH more improvement. Just a heads up! And gl with treatment!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/25/2013 10:35 am

improovement with the treatments

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 11/05/2013 10:57 pm

so how are you looking?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 11/06/2013 11:33 am

I see significant improvement in my scarring, especially the left side of my face where they were really deep and noticeable. I don't want to get my hopes up and plan to wait a few weeks to see the long-term results, but this has been the BEST treatment for my scarring to date, if these results are permanent!

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 11/19/2013 9:32 am

I see significant improvement in my scarring, especially the left side of my face where they were really deep and noticeable. I don't want to get my hopes up and plan to wait a few weeks to see the long-term results, but this has been the BEST treatment for my scarring to date, if these results are permanent!

Hey Starlite any updates?

Are you still happy with your results?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 11/19/2013 1:45 pm

Yes, I'm very happy with my results. I see significant improvement in my scarring. I want to do this again! I wish the Fraxel Restore weren't so expensive. The biggest improvement was with my deepest rolling scars.

The deepest rolling scars returned a little, but this has still been the best improvement in my scarring to date. My skin looks uneven, but it doesn't look nearly as bad or rough.

I'm nervous to try ablative lasers because of the loss of collagen I saw when I used Fraxel repair on my arms. I'll need a more expensive procedure to correct it.

My acne and rosacea got worse, then improved after Fraxel restore. I'm not sure if the laser caused the improvement, but there is a noticeable difference.

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 11/19/2013 3:06 pm

That's great news! :)

How much improvement would you say you've had from this?

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 11/19/2013 3:17 pm

hows your scaring know ?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 11/20/2013 7:54 pm

I would say at least 35% improvement in the scars that were subcised before the Fraxel treatment. To me, that's significant improvement, and the best improvement I've had to date for my scarring.

Now the ice pick scarring looks more noticeable and deeper. Before, my rolling scars were bad enough that I didn't really care about the ice pick scarring. Now it's reversed.

I'm going to try TCA cross on my ice pick scarring.

Kind of an exhausting journey, but I feel loads better compared to even three months ago. It was worth every penny, and I wish I had the $ to get this done every month until I felt even better about my skin.

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 11/22/2013 8:05 am

I would say at least 35% improvement in the scars that were subcised before the Fraxel treatment. To me, that's significant improvement, and the best improvement I've had to date for my scarring.

Now the ice pick scarring looks more noticeable and deeper. Before, my rolling scars were bad enough that I didn't really care about the ice pick scarring. Now it's reversed.

Kind of an exhausting journey, but I feel loads better compared to even three months ago. It was worth every penny, and I wish I had the $ to get this done every month until I felt even better about my skin.

That's awesome for just one treatment!

Are you still bruised?If not, how long did the bruising last?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 11/22/2013 9:02 am

I agree with you, although I still want to wait a few weeks to really gauge what is permanent with my results. I do think it was worth the money.

The bruising lasted for a few days. More than a week, no more than two weeks. With my first subcision, I experienced soreness for up to a month, but that doesn't seem to be normal, and I do wonder if it has anything to do with the fat loss I noticed.

I'm trying not to sleep on the side of my face where the scars were tethered down the most, on my left side. I'm hoping that collagen will continue to build for the next few weeks.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 11/22/2013 10:39 am

I do want to add that I'm not sure now if Fraxel had anything to do with my skin clearing up. My rosacea flared up again, and in the winter I always tend to break out less. So the timing of my acne clearing up could just be a coincidence.

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 11/22/2013 4:29 pm

I did an insane amount of research and found a place that offers both Fraxel and subcision. My decision to go through with it was kind of impulsive.

The subcision was dirt cheap, $150, but the Fraxel treatment was $850. Not cheap.

The doctor missed a few rolling scars, unfortunately. Dr. Spencer had been very careful and even had me circle the scars that he missed.

This time, however, I really heard the scars getting untethered, especially on the worst side of my face where I assumed I had collagen/fat loss. So fat transfer may be unnecessary after all.

Then I received Fraxel restore. The RN who did the laser treatment told me that restore was like Dermarolling(!!!) but with heat instead of needles. That really inspired me to continue with deramarolling.

They used so much numbing cream, and also injected me to numb the area even more. I felt absolutely no pain for the subcision, but the Fraxel treatment hurt. I guess because it was penetrating more deeply.

So I finally got this combination. Looking forward to seeing some results!

Fraxel restore is superficial in the family of laser treatments. It does not penetrate deep enough as compared to the repair or more ablative lasers. In fact it does not ablate at all. It shoots the beams into your skin, but does not destroy the cells (which is how you get more collagen stimulation). So if you want more results try a pro fractional ablative laser. It does have the benefit of less down time though. I

From speaking to my dr, TCA is not going to help a ice pick scar due to the fact that the ice pick scar is tethered down and the fact that ice pick scars are generally very deep. I would be cautious with this one as I would not want you to waste money. Drs always think they can help, but they are in it to make money at the same time.