Notifications
Clear all

How To Treat? With Pictures

MemberMember
(@absinthex)

Posted : 10/21/2013 10:00 am

I've had trouble with acne but they seem to have healed and left some marks/scards. I don't know. What do I treat it with? AHA? Retin-A?

post-357285-0-95420600-1382367450.jpg

post-357285-0-95420600-1382367450.jpg

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 10/23/2013 6:30 pm

You could try either. Every person' s skin type is different. I've also heard good things about finacea.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/23/2013 7:50 pm

have u seen a derm?

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 10/23/2013 8:09 pm

Hi AbsintheX,

This is very mild and very treatable. But you must be very mild with your skin or you will cause more scarring.

Essentially. this scarring with heal naturally with time and minimal intervention. In the interim, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ANY CHEMICAL ACNE TREATMENTS or dermabrasions etc - this will only dry out your skin, age it and make your scarring and skin worse long-term. INSTEAD, GO 100% natural and organic i.e. use 100% organic lavender oil for a spot treatment or use a little 100% tea tree oil (by Thursday Plantation) once in a while if you have a breakout or to minimise breakouts. There's also a thyme tincture that works for acne (although I haven't tried this). See http://www.naturalne...ures_thyme.html ["A thyme-based tincture has proven to be a more effective topical solution without side effects than benzoyl peroxide creams, according to recent research at Leeds Metropolitan University in Leeds, UK. The thyme tinctures, not essential oils, proved highly effective at soothing the skin and killing the Propionibacterium acne].

Basically, you need to wash your skin with a mild 100% natural cleanser (use no commercial acne products or chemical washes) - but not every day - daily washing or daily showers are not good for your skin. It strips the skin of its natural oil & protective lipid barrier that prevents acne and scarring. So look into a basic gentle skincare program/ range from the Body Deli, Jess Organic, New Directions, Pure Skin Junkie (or some other simple, natural, organic, chemical-free & toxin-free vegan skincare line).

Eat & drink really healthy - i.e. unprocessed, natural, mostly raw vegan wholefoods (eat lots of colorful salads with fresh herbs like mint, coriander, continental parsley, and kale, lot of green salad leaves like spinach, carrot, avocado, beetroot, cucumber, pure lemon juice and grapeseed oil and flaxseed oil (you need lots of omega 3), as well as lots of fruits such as melon, kiwi fruit, organic apple, berries, oranges etc/ nuts/ seeds/ legumes/ pulses/ superfoods/ vegetables like pumpkin, sweet potato, baked potato with the skin, capsicum, red cabbage, red onion etc, spices such as cayenne pepper, thyme, tumeric - add hummus too or unhulled tahini, quinoa, chia seeds, tempeh etc etc). Drink fresh juices and spring water (avoid tap water, alcohol, tea, coffee, sodas etc). Stay away from processed sugars & gluten products & sodas & junk foods & takeaway foods. Use herbal/ mineral toothpaste that's fluoride free. Use toxin-free vegan shampoo & organic pure vegetable soap.

I would also recommend beta glucan liquid from Garden of Wisdom or another organic natural brand. This is safe & mild & will help your skin recover over 6 - 12 months. However, your mild scars should naturally disappear with a year and a half.

Yet, if after 12 months you find you have any residual scarring (and you are over 18 years of age), consider using a product with retinaldehyde ( a safer form of retin a) and/or a B3 (niacinamide) product on your blemishes - i.e. see Pure Skin Junkie range as they have these in their products - as do other brands and other scarring brands, please research reviews of these products to source the best one for you - and use the retinaldehyde/ B3 product ONLY once a week for 3 months then stop. Your skin should be totally clear. You can then return to a basic, mild, natural & minimal skincare program.

Whatever you choose to do, please keep it simple, natural and very mild. The skin around your scarring is excellent so you only need to treat a very small part. Essentially, your best medicine is time and a healthy diet/ lifestyle. Your skin will heal beautifully on its own, so long as you don't irritate it or dry it out with horrible chemical acne products, harsh treatments and chemicals & a bad diet/ unhealthy lifestyle.

Cheers

AS smile.png

PS You could also test pure lemon juice on your skin once a fortnight or month. This is a natural peel (helps cell turnover) and infuses the skin with vitamin c (important for collagen production). But please test on a small patch of your skin first overnight, as some people find it too harsh for their skin. You could also try diluting it with water before applying. Lastly, lemon juice in a glass of warm spring water first thing in the morning is very healing for your skin & body. (NB You can use a straw if the acid is a bit strong for your tooth enamel).

PPS Avoid dairy!

PPPS Panos recommends avocado and sunflower oil masks as a natural remedy for scars. He also recommends Avogen. Please research.