Notifications
Clear all

Can Acne Scars...?

MemberMember
(@ancoraimparo)

Posted : 10/07/2013 10:02 pm

Hey guys,

My friend told me acne scars keep improving up to a year after appearing. Is this true? So, last spring (March 2013) I had the worst breakout of my life on my forehead. My forehead was infected and had maybe 8-15 cysts at once. I was never prone to that much scarring as my acne was never uncontrollable, but this left me with somewhat severe scarring. However, I always had a healthy diet. V8 (one can consists of 80% daily value of Vit. A and 150% daily value of vitamin C). I would also eat sunflower seeds that would give me my DV of Vitamin E. Lately, I've also used topical niacinamide (vitamin B3) to repair my damaged skin barrier (due to the improper use of retin-A) and dehydrated skin. I'm not 100% positive, but my scarring definitely looks better. So is what my friend told me true? If so, after breaking out, would taking these steps significantly improve/minimize acne scar damage? Let me know what you think.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/08/2013 5:18 am

not sure about the actual scar improving, the color certainly fades the hyperpigmentation and that continues to improve over the year...but that is color and not a scar

but you are using a good topical, and eating healthy- you are doing all you can, let it settle down then check out options for further scar revision if you need it down the road

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/08/2013 8:07 pm

I've had shallow scars appear after a cyst had healed that a year later went away completely..on the other hand I do have scars that never really got better.