Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me Treat This Acne

MemberMember
(@swe847)

Posted : 08/23/2013 3:07 pm

I have been picking at my face for about 2 years now. I don't do it very often, but i still do. I am trying my best to stop this horrible habit.

I am not sure if these are scars or just open pores. please give me some advice.

post-216519-0-72353100-1377288410_thumb.

post-216519-0-60866600-1377288418_thumb.

post-216519-0-72353100-1377288410_thumb.

post-216519-0-60866600-1377288418_thumb.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/24/2013 11:21 pm

A hard habit to break. :) But you can do it! Every time you go to put your finger to your face imagine all the germs you're transferring. :P That's what helped me keep my fingers away from my spots. The more you touch, the more bacteria you spread, the more acne you get, the more likely you are to scar.

Retin-A would be a good friend to get to know, if you're not already using it. Can you tell us what your skin routine is? I don't think I see any scarring in your photos but your skin is quite red so it's hard to tell.

MemberMember
(@swe847)

Posted : 08/25/2013 6:25 am

i really don't have a routine. i just wash my face with soap in the morning and before going to bed. i

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/25/2013 8:02 am

i really don't have a routine. i just wash my face with soap in the morning and before going to bed. i

Soap?! blink.png Do you mean actual soap like a bar of soap that you would wash your hands with?! I really, truly hope not. I don't mean to be rude but that is one of the worst things you can wash your face with. I'm sorry but if you're dead set serious about improving your skin you need to ditch the soap and start using proper skin care products. I really don't think you can look at scar treatment until you have a good skin care routine in place.

MemberMember
(@swe847)

Posted : 08/26/2013 3:04 am

ooo wow. okay were can i find these skin routines. i dont even know what i need to use. im also worried that these open pores will never close though

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 09/02/2013 8:06 am

ooo wow. okay were can i find these skin routines. i dont even know what i need to use. im also worried that these open pores will never close though

Ahh, no not the soap! tongue.png Sorry if I came over a little strongly but I meant what I said, the soap is such a no, no! You need to cleanse your skin gently. Soap strips your face of all its natural oils. What happens then is your body overproduces sebum (oil) and you end up with more acne and more redness.

You only need three things and you don't need to spend a huge amount of time or money. I'm in Australia so I'm not sure if you have these where you are but why not try these products? Looking after your skin doesn't have to be hard. For you, this is probably all you need. smile.png

A good cleanser! <--- Use this instead of soap! Every morning, every night.

Something for acne spots <--- For night time, after you cleanse.

Moisturiser/Sunscreen <--- For day time, after your cleanse. Never leave the house without sunscreen on! wink.png

That's three products for less than $30 that will be 1 million times better for your face than soap! Trust me on that. As for the open pores you're worried about... they're not going to close any time soon when they're busy making excess oil for your face after you wash it with soap. tongue.png Seriously, give this stuff (or similar) a go and stick with it for a good month before you judge whether it's working for you.

If you compare this simple routine to my giant one below in my signature... well, let's just say that if I can stick to using all of those products then you can certainly stick to 3 or 4 every day! 😛