Notifications
Clear all

Lactic Acid Peel Question

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 07/06/2013 10:41 am

Hi there, I recently learned about lactic acid peels from this website. I was just wondering what face was should be used right before doing this peel? Ive been using a salicylic acid face wash for the past few weeks, would this be too harsh to use right before doing this peel?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@3lilpigs)

Posted : 07/06/2013 11:12 am

Peel prep recommendations:

It is recommended that you discontinue all use of acids 3-4 days prior to any acid peel. In order to see the best results from an acid peel, it is suggested that you prep the skin with a daily (or every other day, if your skin is new to acids and/or sensitive) use of a very low % of an acid. Since you are going to have a lactic acid peel, I would recommend using an AHA or BHA toner, treatment or moisturizer in a low % (BHA:1-2%, AHA: 8-10%) for 2 weeks before your lactic peel.

As stated above, after you've prepared your skin with these acids for 2 weeks, discontinue use of ANY and ALL acids (including your salycilic (BHA) cleanser) 3-4 days prior to your lactic peel. Immediately prior to application of your peel, wash with a gentle, non acid cleanser 2x. Dry your skin and then use a cotton pad soaked with alcohol or 100% acetone (yeah, I know, YIKES!) to degrease or 'de-fat' the skin. Repeat the degreasing process to ensure ALL traces of oil are removed. Allow the skin to dry after this process before peel application.

Following these steps will allow the peel to work at it's best capacity. Not prepping your skin in these ways will cause uneven, less effective peel results. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 07/06/2013 11:33 am

Thank you for your detailed response. If I use a ph prep then rubbing alcohol isn't necessary right?

Also, the day after the peel, can I continue my normal regimen?

Thanks you